win 10 fall update on unactivated os

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by Parth37955, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those keys are meant to be used to coax Windows 10 to install a version of Windows that doesn't conform to the current key that's being used for your copy of Windows. For instance, if you're using a volume license key from a pervious version of Windows that's not validated for upgrade, you sometimes need to provide Windows a temporary Windows 10 key to get it to download and install the proper assets. Once you've actually got Windows 10 on your system, you'll still need to provide a valid Windows key.

TL;DR: The keys in the link are only valid for their purpose, to get Windows 10 to install the proper version on your system. They aren't valid for the purpose of actually activating your copy of Windows 10.

2. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    >_> ok. also, I just install the update assistant and it's doing its thing so will probably be ok

3. Arch

Arch [Popcorn Sect Leader]

Reading List:
    Link
    I got an unused windows 7 home premium OA key (from old laptop). I don't need it as my current desktop and laptop are already digitally entitled with dreamspark key. So if you still need it, pm me.

4. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm good thanks. My main issue was the dx9 memory issue but that was corrected in the update

5. Arch

Arch [Popcorn Sect Leader]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's nice :)