Windows 10 question

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ai chan, May 20, 2016.

1. Atros

Atros Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I... don't follow the logic of your car leading to your laptop, but... I use windows 10, and I'm a horrifyingly active user of pirated software, zero problems, so... whoever said that was full, to the brim, of shit. Ignore them. As for windows 10, I like it fine, it's an OS. It's familiar enough and steady enough that I forget I upgraded, so... It's working great? One of those things where if you don't find yourself thinking about it much it's done it's job well.

Shio likes this.
  2. DarknessWolf

DarknessWolf The Neutral, The Chaotic, Summoner, Lone Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Why?

3. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    This car.

4. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one talking about my car...

Well anyway, are you able to run pirated microsoft softwares like office and the like on your windows 10?

5. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You find windows 10 worse than windows 8? It's a lot better than windows 8. Unless your current computer isn't that great.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow > dev/null

Reading List:
    Link
    So you could try other browsers. :ROFLMAO:

Naah. I just hate it because of the trouble I had to go through caused by older version of IE.

7. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understand the overhead on IE is just stupid big.

8. Jadiii

Jadiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We aren't even close to exceeding the hardware capabilities of a 64 bit OS, so no need for 128. 16GB RAM is out already, in fancy DDR4 models no less. Hexacore and Octacore processors are already standard, and it's measured in GHZ not GB. Anyyywayy that aside, I'm an IT guy.

#1: Windows 10 does not disable pirated software, you still have full control of your OS
    #2: Windows 10 DOES have issues with using old software, I've seen it on many computers I've helped with. If the game community itself doesn't have a patch for it on their forums, you're kinda screwed in that case. However, you can run virtual machines of old operating systems to play the games on your computer anyway, though that's a lot of effort for the common user to play a game.
    #3: For new hardware, Windows 10 is great for a variety of reasons, and will run much better. It does give a large amount of data back to Microsoft, but that is easily disabled by googling it to be served many viable solutions on a tin foil platter by friendly internet denizens.
    #4: New Intel processor sets do NOT support previous generations of windows. Skylake is Windows 10+. Windows 7 is also losing all support in 2020, so just be aware of the times.

Also, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

remy911 likes this.
  9. heartantares

heartantares One Who Provides Uselessly Detailed Information

Reading List:
    Link
    I wanna suggest 2 words for you.... Virtual machine... Things like VMware, or virtual box(by oracle?) basically you install the is OS you wanna use on it and run your older games on that. Though you need to remember to allocate enough memory to it or it'll be laggy or freeze up.( the free versions can't play online games on it(last time i checked atleast). but it should allow you to play your visual novel games without compatibility issues.... I set mine to run in winxp Japanese while the main compie stays English and win10.

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  10. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problem :)
    The only drawback I experience from windows 10 is that it's setting get separated into several place.

11. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just hoping valve can get it together with their linux based OS.

...man would be great if Microsoft didn't have a monopoly on pc.

12. DarknessWolf

DarknessWolf The Neutral, The Chaotic, Summoner, Lone Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Well indeed the IE is easy to crash sometime and rather fond of its though, old habit die hard I guess.
    After using it for ages I really grow to like it and do use "Chrome" and "Fire Fox" ( @Parth37955 :ROFLMAO:) too.

...Just for fun. :whistle::ROFLMAO:

SazzyD and Leachinator like this.
  13. heartantares

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah... New compie isn't that great (it has 4gb ram while before my old compie got fried by lightning it had 8? or was it 16 i cant remember if i had it upgraded)... And I'm just a bit pissed that most of the programs I mainly used could not be installed by transferring files over to the new compie... And putting em properly into the correct directories. Had to download new install.exe for everything and then meticulously crack everything all over again... (for the most part I was upset with win10 cuz the upgrade broke my programs and my brain broke trying to roll it back to 8... And when I rolled it back the programs stayed broken and I went nuts.... And that laptop I bought.... Freakin media keys could not be changed to legacy...(those fn keys) I kept pushing f4 when trying to refresh the page and it kept closing my windows on accident... In which case I ended up ripping that key off the keyboard so id stop pushing it. They eventually pushed out a firmware update for that like a year later(fudge long time for my rage to stew) and the key was eventually put back but yeah.... I was angry and have mild OCD that is slowly getting worse as I am rolling along in years....) so far im peachy with win10 aside from it being slowish (but thats probably because of compie's specs and not the os i hope) but I kinda miss win7 even though that made me flip out and rage with the introduction of library... But got used to it eventually.... i suppose i just like simpler things(or i severely dislike change when its not convenient).... i also hated the charms page when that was introduced and forced on you when win 8 came out... i kinda loved having the useless windows key being useless since i could set it to hotkey other crap with it.... now whenever i push it it is a important key where if i use it for other hotkeys it gets fussy with me and tries to do other magical things it is already set to do...

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  14. Capricorn

Capricorn Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Windows 10 is manageable

15. Yukkuri Oniisan

Yukkuri Oniisan 『Procrastinator Archwizard Translator and Writer』

Reading List:
    Link
    Windows 8 and 10 crashed many older games.... So I use dual install.
    XP to play games and 8 for other things.
    10 is still buggy at best... Just think it as Vista...

Oh yeah... I pirate like crazy...

asriu likes this.
  16. neogamer

neogamer Cute is justice!「Maxwell 」

Reading List:
    Link
    Linux has so many flavors and versions its ridiculous, and there is always *shudder* mac os for those who have money to burn. Also almost no games work with natively, well almost no older games that is

Vista was a failed idea, and Win 10 is more like 7 than vista.

17. heartantares

Reading List:
    Link
    @Jadiii
    hey can i also ask you about my windows phone? .... it syncs with my windows pc.... and internet explorer.... so my bookmarks on my phone load onto internet explorer on my computer and vice verse which is cool and all but for some reason whenever i delete bookmark folders(on compie)... empty folders or otherwise... they do not go away.... for some reason the phone doesnt allow me to delete the bookmark folders from my phone... i can delete the links from my phone but the folder is permanently stuck there which is why im deleting em on the pc. but doing that does not get rid of them on the phone... so now i have empty folders that keep multiplying on my phone.

18. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Hpw do you function on only 4gb of ram? You should up grade that it's pretty damn cheap especially if you're on ddr3.

19. Reginald Twistleton

Reginald Twistleton [Lord of Rhymes][Fresh King of NUF]

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ai chan Install both ubuntu and win 10...

20. heartantares

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah..... im planning to get a new, new laptop.... but im thinking bout upgrading the ram for this one since it'd be a pain in the bum to move all my files and get it to work properly..... but really i bought this one as an emergency compie when i was pretty much going through internet withdrawals after the one i was using got fried (about 9 months ago) so it is crappy but pretty good for something that was $200-300.... right now im just waiting for a good deal for a good laptop that wont leave me banging my head against the wall for various reasons.... (at this point im slowly getting more and more lazy about searching for one so upgrading is starting to look shinier...) i need to figure out which laptop this is... (edit:and then i checked..... it seems the ram is attached to the motherboard and cannot be upgraded... seems only upgrade i can do is switching the hd to ssd which seems troublesome to switch hard drives... havent figured out how to do that yet) gosh darn it the technician at bestbuy lied to me... i specifically asked if the ram can be upgraded at a later date and he said yes.....he freakin said yes the ram is ddr3 so you can upgrade it.

i now need to find magic to somehow speed up compie lazily... (i just lost the option of not buying another new laptop)