Windows 11 is much better than windows 10

Discussion in 'Tech Discussion' started by armad224, Jan 13, 2022.

Tags:
  1. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while having higher requirements , and takes the same amount of ram as that of windows 10 it puts much less strain on the CPU and much lighter on the battery
    especially if you unlock more cores/logical processors in your CPU
    run/cortana search
    msconfig ----->
    advanced settings ------->
    number of processors ---------->
    just set it to the maximum number
    now enjoy

predictingthings likes this.
  2. PotatoZero

PotatoZero Well-known Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    but why

AliceShiki, runsing and armad224 like this.
  3. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    you can double the number of processors -some times up to four times- that your pc use
    oh right I forgot to mention you'll get a new voice in SpeechPlatformRuntime
    but I still prefer the voice ms david
    and this doesn't even include overclocking , you can still overclocking your CPU to get even faster and better performance put overclocking would decrease the age expectancy of the CPU
    while unlocking your processors wouldn't effect age expectancy of your CPU

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  4. hgbhgbhgb

hgbhgbhgb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what? unlock more cores?
    your computer seems to have the problem I had years ago, that is upgrading your CPU without reinstalling windows will cause your windows to only recognize the same number of threads that your previous CPU has.
    there are ways to fix this problem, but you should be reinstall windows anyways.
    you SHOULD not have that option even checked in the first place.
    yes, I have a dual boot of windows 10 and windows 11 on an unsupported machine, both installed on an HDD, and no, performance is worse.

5. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not talking about replacing your CPU I'm talking about unlocking the spare threads that are already there , they don't need such a thing , and it can make the performance much better
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    when a company make a cpu they add spare threads in each cpu they make for when a normal thread get broken or stop working some put double the number of threads while others put up to four times depending on the manufacturer , they are just sitting there on your PC unused.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by unlocking those you can get double the speed of the CPU without any COST
    windows can recognize them without any need for re-installing windows
    ========================================================
    In general, you don’t have to reinstall Windows if you change your CPU. However, one must reinstall Windows when they change the motherboard of their PC. This ensures that all drivers work as expected to get optimal performance from their newly built computer system.

6. hgbhgbhgb

hgbhgbhgb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    how many x cores it has is how many x physical cores you have
    if the CPU supports hyperthreading, you have another amount of x virtual cores, windows sees them as individual cores/processors but it's not real cores
    for example, an Intel Core i5-3570 have 4 cores and no hyperthreading, windows sees 4
    and an Intel Core i7-3770 have 4 cores and supports hyperthreading, with HT enabled, windows sees 8, otherwise 4
    HT increases about 10% of performance if enabled
    I haven't heard of anything this... convenient
    this was a thing back then, something like a CPU is made and then its model is determined by how good it can run and how many cores is working, iirc if 5 cores is working then one is disabled to make it 4 cores and then they'll make it an i5 (no hyperthreading) or an i7 (yes hyperthreading) depending on how good the remaining cores are
    but NO, you can't unlock them.

well, after some research, actually you could
    but it's unstable of course, requires flashing your BIOS
    but technically speaking, they could just laser off the cores, completely isolating them, of course then it's no longer a simple bios disable

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    well this cat still using win 7
    is the menu still bloated like win 10? this cat totally hate default win 10 interface with those bloated menu bar, prefer compact stuff
    anyway there high possibility this cat will run win 7 longer cuz just need the basic stuff still ty for the info so is it safe to say win 11 is Microsoft answer for complaint about win 10? you know like how people complain about vista back then, despite recently people think vista just way ahead common available hardware components~

8. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    IDK I think they made it better but maybe this is just me , this is a photo of it that I found it online
    I believe that I mentioned before that it still take as much ram as windows 10

9. hgbhgbhgb

hgbhgbhgb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If my memory serves me well it was more like vista was very unstable and part of the problems comes from the sudden demanding of computer resources. At the time windows 7 was out the 'new-gen' computers were already out there
    I don't think so, windows 10 was good but because of all the bloats people hate it, and then windows 11 also have bloats
    There are problems with auto updates, being new updates turn the tables on your unsaved works haha... But fortunately there are tools readily available to deal with this kind of thing.

predictingthings and asriu like this.
  10. armad224

Reading List:
    Link
    when a CPU is made they add spare threads in it so when a thread is broken they will replace it , by doing as I mentioned before you let your windows use those threads they are physical components of the CPU and they -when no thread is broken- are set aside until one is broken or you unlock them so that your CPU USE THEM
    the motherboard is the part of the PC that recognize the CPU so when you upgrade your CPU
    and since the motherboard RECOGNIZE only one type of CPUs -or only CPUs made by a certain manufacturer-
    it's extremely rare for a re-installing of windows to be needed when changing a CPU because the motherboard is only made to support one type like either intel or AMD , no motherboard -decent one- can recognize both types

I think they didn't I'll suggest having 8 GB of ram before installing either or your PC will only be able to run the windows but not any other program

11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah vista did demand more resource when common pc not ready for it cuz the hardware kinda pricey more so on developing country~ win 10 auto update indeed the very first issue many people try to KILL IT WITH FIRE attitude cuz come on 2giga just for update patch? wait you mean win 11 also have that damn feature? maybe Microsoft assume EVERYONE connect with internet these day.... duh why this cat need to connect to internet beside sending file and conference? sure online game and buying game then download is a thing but not every time..... this cat afraid one day ya need to connect to internet just to turn on your PC lol.... this cat will be doomed

12. hgbhgbhgb

hgbhgbhgb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on my research this is not true, there are no such thing like spare threads on a CPU. Could you leave me a link to where this is stated?
    Sorry, it's my fault, I meant may
    I have met this kind of problem before, although googling doesn't yield any results. Asked a random pc forum someone told me it's better to reinstall windows or I can go to safe mode and delete the cpu driver
    P/S: well the problem was actually my keywords. The problem being 'windows doesn't detect new cpu' I think that's the one, and googling this yield alot of results

13. armad224

Reading List:
    Link

this Idiot -I may be a one just like him- think it's cores but it's threads

this video explain the difference between CPU cores and threads , and believe me they are different than cores
    this may not be very helpful on windows 10 -for other than gaming maybe-
    but on windows 11 it's different
    check it from 2:30 to the end to see why having more threads can be difference between windows 10 and windows 11

14. hgbhgbhgb

hgbhgbhgb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Stay on windows 7 if you just do simple stuff, there are up-to-date browsers that still supports windows 7... and get a good antivirus, you will be safe
    Just restating the facts... If you don't have a SSD, use windows 7, if you do, use windows 10, if you can't bear bloats, use bloats remover (google) or install windows 10 LTSC (google how to active it)
    Yes I do think this will eventually happen lmao

15. Dahna

Dahna (-, – )…zzzZZZ

Reading List:
    Link
    You can stop win10/11 from auto-update safely by using Registry Editor, you can also turn off other useless features, and it's better if you stop them right after installing the new OS while turning off internet connecting.

16. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    know that cuz lil bro laptop run on win 10, back then it was nightmare cuz we are caveman level on computer stuff...

17. hgbhgbhgb

hgbhgbhgb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    First things first, default is unchecked
    Windows will use all core/threads that are available
    If it's
    already default , why?
    I know
    This totally depends on what your programs needs
    For example, having hyperthreading enabled (double your threads) might even reduce your "hashrate" while mining cryptocurrency on CPU

18. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    Linux > Windows 11

That said, even if someone plans to upgrade to Windows 11, they should wait for the 1st service pack. Plenty of complaints of things breaking after upgrading.

The thing about Vista was, Microsoft let manufacturers claim hardware was "Vista Compatible" when it clearly wasn't. So Vista was put on hardware which wasn't compatible and you got the huge debacle.

There is no such thing. Now as mentioned by others, processors have a thing called SMT or HyperThreading (Though not all processors have this, especially intel ones where Intel limits hyperthreading to certain processors). But hyperthreading doesn't double your performance.

Generally speaking, you can have more threads than actual threads. As long as the applications you run are asynchronous. Aka, if the apps are made to sleep when doing non-processor related tasks. Then you can have extra virtual threads. But that is only if the applications you are using support that. Many apps are still written as single threaded. And even if you add more virtual threads, it makes no difference. SMT/Hyperthreading goes around that by making logical cores. But even Windows 7 made use of logical cores just fine.

19. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    get your facts right man ...
    there arent spare threads it isnt a harddrive with reserve sectors
    there are failures at different degree while production leading to unusable cores or bad clockings ´this might be the only case were fine working cores are disabled to sell the stuff as lower end product

just think about it they produce 64 core cpus and sell them as 32 core cpus just to keep a reserve ? and then they wouldnt even mention the reserve anywhere ? while also missing money by selling it at half core count ? neither AMD nor Intel are friendly and want to gift you anything

also your evaluation of win11 is rather strange as until now every new version of a OS (if not specialized for a purpose) was larger and rather slower what was counteracted by better hardware but overall you see an increase in req. specs

wasnt it win11 with serious troubles at transferrates and a newer version made that even worse ?
    most would find it hard to call that OS even just "decent" leave alone fanboing about it ^^

20. Diagon Alleycat

Diagon Alleycat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on your viewpoint. To me, Win11 is the second coming of Palladium. A bad thing.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next-Generation_Secure_Computing_Base#As_"Palladium"

Win10 doesn't use the TPM hardware encryption chip version 2.0+ and disable DMA-based copying of data streams while Win11 does. Much of Win11 changes are for the benefit of the businesses and content providers and not for consumers. In the early days of Win11 promotion to microsoft partners and businesses to which Microsoft sold developer support, Microsoft talked up Win11's benefits supporting for content developers and the prevention of piracy or unauthorized viewing. The content provider encodes and streams the data using the hardware ID passed to it from Win11, sends the encrypted data to your PC, and your TPM uses the same key to de-encrypt the media for display. You already use https for web communication, so this is just the evolution of that approach for media so that other people can't view it on their hardware. Copying files of ebooks, pictures, or streamed video to other people could be done, but how can they decode it unless the content provider turned that feature off? TPM is also available for linux, but those users probably won't enable it since they as a whole despise content protection as an invasion of privacy.

If the feature is enabled by the content provider, decryption by the hardware chip code in your PC means up to that point, pirated images or video doesn't work for other people since they have different hardware serial numbers.

Win11 requiires TPMS 2.0 and a secure boot setting to lock your hardware/software/CPU in. So, when will online games, online websites, Twitter, MPAA, RIAA, Facebook, or NovelUpdates make use of software to implement hardware bans of troublesome users? Online sites can make a ban stick much harder since your CPUID, hard drive serial, mobo serial, RAM stick serial, etc, are known, communicated by Win11 to the registered microsoft partner server-site application, and can therefore be banned. And if you're using VPN to hide your identity to the site you're accessing, that site would still be able to access your hardware IDs courtesy of Win11.

Riot's Valorant seems to be the first out the gate to say that it would use Win11 to perma-ban troublesome users from accessing its websites.
    Gamer's Nexus news on Riot using Win11 to hardware ban troublesome users (video)
    https://www.pcgamer.com/valorant-le...g-windows-tpm-to-perma-ban-cheaters-hardware/
    https://web.archive.org/web/2021090...g-windows-tpm-to-perma-ban-cheaters-hardware/

Most of Win11's controversial features are for the future since the companies don't want to scare off users from moving to Win11. But certain things are coming already. For example, Win11 requires a front facing camera unless it's for a desktop PC. However, big brother's cameras will be coming. Biden's infrastructure bill has a camera requirement for car passenger cabins. And the Internal Revenue Service (IRS.gov) will be requiring a camera shot of you for tax account login starting this summer. It'll be interesting once more websites require a selfie to login. That Win11 forward-facing (towards user) camera requirement won't look so stupid then.
    https://www.pcmag.com/news/irs-website-to-require-live-selfie-to-log-in

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022