LCD Wingless Gargoyle

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by venu101, Oct 11, 2018.

1. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Titles-
    1.Wingless Gargoyle
    2.Sono Gargoyle wa Chijou demo Kiken Death
    3.そのガーゴイルは地上でも危険です~翼を失くした最強ガーゴイルの放浪記~

NU link-
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-strongest-wingless-gargoyle/

Raws-
    Wn- https://ncode.syosetu.com/n1753cz/
    Ln- https://www.amazon.co.jp/そのガーゴイルは地上でも危険です-翼を失くした最強ガーゴイルの放浪記-大地の怒り/dp/480026118X

Author- Daichi no Ikari

Description-
    For 1,500 long years since the Demon King dominated the land, Albert the Gargoyle lived the life of a slave. But when his master is killed, he regains his freedom, and is now unrestricted to travel the world to his utmost desire.

In the beginning, Albert had lost his wings because of the harsh duties given to him for the past 1,500 years, but he has become one of the strongest beings alive because of it, despite being a Gargoyle.

Me-
    the novel was dropped by creative novels for quite a while but was picked up by another translator after which creative have also restarted translation out of nowhere.
    Our mc as the title implies is a sentiment gargoyle made a millennia ago who till recently was under the control of a scumbag demon Lord but he is freed after the death of the Lord but with the price being his wings which were lost to the attacking demon Lord. Now free he wanders the land looking for a new purpose in life.

Setra likes this.
  2. Simple As It

Simple As It Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in my honest opinion, if the story was more focused in adventure it would be quite more interesting rather than Slice-of-life fantasy type. so far the chapter didn't progress much. Though, I already guess the story emphasis on "happy-go-lucky" and "Slice-of-life" genre. Judging by the MC or the Gargoyle behavior which is lack self awareness like typical MC transported to another world with powerful abilities but didn't know how to utilize it properly nor aware of it which make the story lack luster too. I somewhat expect a bit Mature personality considering his life span
    yes, I'm aware that in the story, he was enslaved when he's young (recently created) thus living 1500 years without freedom, and when he was freed, as if his memory throughout his life as slave didn't exist but then again, he remember when he was being ordered like slave ... it's truly contradictive with his personality which is at least mature enough rather than act like teenage boy who like to monologue.

TL;DR: in my opinion the premise is interesting but full of flaws or suffer in common Isekai Troupe and typical Isekai MC. Yes, I'm aware the gargoyle is not transported nor reincarnated person but his personality, behavior and speech was similar to it.

3. venu101

venu101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That last part is true for many other novels as well I am in hopes of it not turning into a Max level jap cliche mc