Discussion Witch Hunter Theories

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by Claire Lilly, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    I was always a bit wondering about a few things while reading the manhwa series 'Witch Hunter'. Many are already thoroughly explained on wiki, but unfortunately not all. So I posted this thread to discuss these missing points a bit more (since unfortunately wiki didn't give enough answers). Post your theories here. Maybe this way it becomes more clear and it's quite fun to read what other people have in mind. Please note, that this thread will possible contain spoilers because of this.

Soo, here are my questions (will probably update with more questions, but these are my most important ones at the moment):

1). Does a witch lose all her powers if her hat is destroyed and reverts back into a human, or does she just lose all the mana and spells she stored in her hat and stays a witch?

2). East lost her hat, but is still a witch (didn't turn back human). Can she create a new witch hat (not a fake/normal hat) for herself, or is it lost forever?

3). Some witch hats can turn in very rare cases to sorellas, what are they? I just know that they are the human forms of the witch hats.

4). So far the two known sorellas: Peony and Etwal, can both use magic and have a witch hat. But is a sorella a fullfledged witch or just the human form of a witch hat?

5). Always during the time the sorella Peony appears, her witch South doesn't wear her witch hat, since Peony is her hat. But after Etwals hat (while posing as East) turns into the real East, the hat completly disappears. Does that mean Etwal doesn't have a witch hat? It's clear that East transformed herself into Etwal's witch hat, but what did become of it?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    Shratath likes this.
  2. Shratath

Shratath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Very good questions, in fact I had thought about those missing points but unfortunately manwha is updating very slowly :( Still no answers for them, maybe only theories from fans .

Claire Lilly likes this.
  3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I understood, she doesn't lose her powers, she just loses her unlimited mana storage, which is the hat.

I mean, when East fought against the top S-rank WH, she almost ran out of Mana by simply supplying her supporter with it, she didn't even cast a single spell.

And that is East, which is probably one of the witches with the biggest Mana pool in the world.

Taking this into account, I think it's quite likely that most witches would become completely unable to do anything without her hats, which makes their threat null. (I mean, how many witches have supporters that require no Mana in the first place? Even Halloween requires Mana... I'm pretty sure they would have a hard time even maintaining their supporters without their hats.)

That's the only one I can think of an answer for! >.<

Ah! I would need to search the old chapters, but I think it was said that each witch's hat is unique and they cannot have a new one made!

I would need to search them to be sure though... It's only my memory speaking here.

4. EternalLuna

EternalLuna Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can search or watch videos about witches bro

5. congvthc

congvthc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    btw its manhwa, its korean

manhua is for chinese manga

6. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    I know actually, but I wrote it wrong by mistake (oops). Thanks for telling me, I've corrected it now.

7. Wick

Wick Black van owner

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... It was first I think about, I just read and don't bother with details like that, nice info.

8. Fan2zz

Fan2zz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No, they do not lose all of their power. The human body can only hold so much mana, while a hat can hold an infinite amount of mana. Losing the hat means losing all the mana you've gathered within over the years, but you still have mana, just not as much. That's why imprisoned witches are sent to Alcatraz, a place that I believe either absorbs or rejects mana, or something. And spells are knowledge, not things, so losing a hat wouldn't make you forget, just unable to use, or at a weak level.

2. It's not that you become human when a hat is destroyed, you just lose most of your power. The difference between a human and a Witch is only the capacity and ability to use magic. East probably can't make a new one as she hasn't done so, even as shown in the story she has had trouble with lack of enough mana.

3. They are just sentient forms of a Witch Hat, exclusive to powerful witches.

4. They aren't full independent Witches. If the Witch dies they die and not the other way around.

5. They probably don't have Hats of their own and are just decorations, having no purpose.

9. UnknownHermit

UnknownHermit Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The real theory that must be discussed is... The reason why the author of that manga decided to input A LOT of hidden subliminals in his novel... Is it because he thinks sucking up to the cohen gene is cool ? just like smokers with da' cyg\arrête/ only to know later that it was the instrument of their doom ?

10. DZ_Spellcaster

DZ_Spellcaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One question. Does her sister is always inherently evil or being made evil by the witch hat?

11. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Evil is a bad choice of word, but...

She is probably addicted (not in a biological sense) to the power that Mana gives.

Varette is probably a big influence on most of her actions as well, but her jealousy and obssession for Tasha should be the main reasons behind it, Varette is probably just directing Aria's feelings in the direction she wants to do what she wants.

12. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, it's been so long since an update i don't even remember where we were pre-flashback arc.

13. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it still gets monthly updates?

Check mangacow, they translate it there.

14. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    And i thought their site went down.

15. AliceShiki

Reading List:
    Link
    Still up and running! >.<

I think the translator keeps on forgetting Witch Hunter exists though, so they end up translating it in batches instead... >.>

16. NZPIEFACE

NZPIEFACE Leecher

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thanks.

Really thought they died.