Picked Up With One Smile, The Sword Tramples The Mushroom

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by scriptor, Sep 22, 2017.

1. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: With One Smile, The Sword Tramples The Mushroom
    Raw Link:
    http://91baby.mama.cn/thread-522689-1-1.html
    NU Link: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/with-one-smile-the-sword-tramples-the-mushroom/
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It's a very touching story that has its funny, sad, and extremely heartwarming moments. Also, it has a happy ending even if it's in a super short extra. <3

Honestly a story that deserves to get picked up. I've only been forced to drop it because I don't have the time to give it the attention it deserves.

Description:

The universe consists of six worlds, divided into Heaven, Demon, Fairy, Spirit, Human, and Yin.

The human world has a Tian Yan Mountain, the mountain has a Duan Hun Cliff, the side of the cliff has a small dirt mound, on the small dirt mound is an evergreen tree, below the tree is a bit of…… lingzhi. [TN: lingzhi = kind of mushroom used in traditional Chinese medicine]

Just managed to gain a little soul and consciousness, so dry and flat, such a fearful little lingzhi. Every day she sees people she is terrified and will chant: Don’t stew me into soup, don’t stew me into soup……

“What an ugly mushroom.” People wrinkle their brows, then leave.

This used-to-be little lingzhi was the laughingstock of the others on Duan Hun Cliff until one day, a flash of white light descended from the skies to right away let her gain 100 years of cultivation and become human, turn into a tender little baby to be picked up by people.

“Where did this baby come from in this Duan Hun Cliff?” People are very curious and unclear but at a glance the many extremely ugly mushrooms are gone. Laughing: “Then…… you will now be called Gu XiaoMo.”

Ancient little mushroom [Gu XiaoMo]? Little mushroom [XiaoMo Gu]?

[TN: A very unfortunate pun for our heroine in the original Chinese. The ‘Gu’ that is her family name translates directly to ‘ancient,’ which isn’t so bad. But her first name XiaoMo means Little Mushroom. And if you flip her name to the Western style of first name then last name, her name becomes XiaoMo Gu which sounds like the full noun pronunciation of the words for ‘little mushroom’ in Chinese. XD]

Your grandma! One full circle later, she is still that dried out bunch of mushroom!

...And an extra alternative summary from Shushengbar:

It turns out that he and her were both monsters. Under this big sky, it is afraid that there is no space to hold them.

What is spirit, what is demon, what is immortal, what is mortal?

After expending all their efforts and everything they had, all the two monsters wanted was to gain some warmth from each other.

For love and justice! Little Mushroom! Transform!

Ars likes this.
  2. Jigoku Shounen

Jigoku Shounen An Envoy From Hell

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh, the title made me laugh.

scriptor likes this.
  3. scriptor

scriptor 『Sigilmaster』 『Immortal Sage』

Reading List:
    Link
    Right? Some chapters have been translated already and I believe there's already been the super funny chicken fight incident. XD

4. Lhie

Lhie 『Procrastinator』「Argetlam」『Bibliophile』

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Goodluck in finding a translator for this. It sounds cute and interesting~

scriptor likes this.
  5. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh...shoot, I need to translate more chapters for this! Sorry, sorry~ *runs away*

BlancFrost likes this.
  6. Neurotic Moon

Neurotic Moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This hasn't been updated in three months...is it dropped?

7. MysticDreams

MysticDreams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This can be put up again I reckon, since the last update was in October.

It's such an intriguing story though, I really do hope more chapters are translated!

8. Neurotic Moon

Neurotic Moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone! Pick pick pick pick!

9. lilly2805

lilly2805 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link