Discussion Women in Xianxia

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by oezsoyb, Nov 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pristineallyn

pristineallyn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Like Lui Fei in Peerless Martial God? haha... sorry, Lui Fei may not be OP, but she was always forgotten.

2. coveted

coveted Sexiest Banana Alive

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that's just that. What happened to them. How did the woman with 3 souls in one achieve that? What's her state? What's going to happen to her and how this change would affect the lead MC?

As for the other lady with the patriarch soul, even before that happened, she is just mentioned as the person who brought Meng Hao to the world of cultivation. I am not sure whether or not there's romantic or even sisterly connection between them. If there is, the author must have not written it very well.

Still, I am not saying ISSTH is a bad novel. In fact, I love it. It's just that every other characters other than Meng Hao is like a decoration mostly.

3. ArgosYesu

ArgosYesu Lord of Some Lands, Editor of Others

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, cause hating the dude who cause you to be trapped in a dome and forced to refine pills for him is far too selfish. She should have done it all willingly and praised him or something.

Or do you mean when she chased him? He did humiliate her future husband and steal the thing that would have helped him. Even if she had no large feelings for her fiance, she wouldn't want him to be a cripple...

And now she hates him cause he's starting rumours about her... activities. Nevermind that he didn't start them, she's now known as HIS girl and can't do much about it...

Development is good and all, but no one wants filler. Think of anime backstories and fillers and rethink your desires. We may want more info on the females, but we don't want less Meng Hao.

Arua likes this.
  4. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    You want a side chapter devoted to female chars. I just want more Meng Hao. Decorations is fine, long as they don't block the MC. Cause he's the MC. Author shouldn't overextend himself to describe everything...

5. DavidKim

DavidKim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's called the MC effect. MC effect: Every character that is not the MC will decay in importance overtime since the time of introduction with some exceptions of small power boosts from time to time that still have 0 influence to the outcome of the plot.

Arua likes this.
  6. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    This I can understand. It's just that it is rare to see or read anything from their point of view. It is always at a third person perspective. I would have loved the novel even more if the story digs deeper to the female characters side.

7. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Read a female protag story. I'm just saying, stories that switch perspectives for long periods are rather weak..

Have you read King Shura? The author, for some odd reason, devotes several chapters (3+) to fricken side events. I wanted more of the MC and Pope, but we had to go to some weird girl and her bodyguard and some battle maniac.

MC should always have more importance. Multiple MCs would also be nice, but most authors can't do that.

8. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess, we just have different point of views with the novel. At least I get to discuss this with a fellow reader. Opinions from other readers gives us different insights.
    Sad to say, no one around me reads web novels or even a simple book. I can only engage in discussion on forums like this.

9. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't read King Shura yet. Will do if i have time. I am reading a female protag story. DOP and it is not bad. Just isn't satisfying to the action, intrigue and story as ISSTH or any Tang Jia San Shao novel.

10. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Developping love interests and side characters is now considered filler... Only in Xianxia, MC effect too strong!
    Also, filler is when nothing of importance has been shown. Going into the past of an important character is not filler.

compass96 likes this.
  11. oezsoyb

oezsoyb Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Argos mate, the world isnt black and white, u make it sound like just because we want more heroine depth, the whole novel might switch focus from MC to the Heroine and it will be spammed with fillers

12. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    DOP gets real uninteresting later on. If you want a suggestion of something similar and a bit better, read The Demonic King Chases His Wife: The Rebellious Good-for-Nothing Miss. The title may seem odd, but the pacing and characters are quite a bit better than DOP.
    Black and White... sigh... that makes no sense you know. I'm just saying that instead of devoting chapters to something else, the focus on the MC is better. I'm not saying 'no' to development. Development just doesn't have to be from the female's perspective. It can easily be done from the MC's and still be good development.

And at the same time, I'm bashing other stories for lacking even MC development. *glares at MGA*

13. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    There's no problem with forum discussion, but I don't think it's very nicely formatted. Best to find a good chatroom and camp there. For me, I stay in RRl's chatroom and talk to them frequently about books. Better than forum conversations, obviously sadder than real life conversations.

14. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a matter of perspective and opinions. There's no black or white in reading novels. This is just an intelligent discussion. That I could never find in real life. :(

Dropped it because it sux. I can understand if the MC is shameless or an asshole but the story became more and more horrible as chapters go by.

15. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    Yea, being shameless (like PMG) or an asshole is an ok character, but I found Chu Feng to just be inconsistent. I have to praise PMG for at least making the MC a good hypocritical man of justice.

16. Night

Night Immoral member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't blame the xianxia or the genre.. Blame the Author cause he/she was who Write those :p ..
    And if not like those, they Novels will just until 50 chapters and the end

17. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    Moreover, the plot of MGA is repetitive. You insult me. I kill you. You insult my family. I kill you. You insult my friends. I kill you.

18. ArgosYesu

Reading List:
    Link
    True that. Didn't quite get the second line, but yea. Always blame the author. Never the genre or the TL. Unless it's Voidtranslations. Dude butchered Xian Ni.

19. coveted

Reading List:
    Link
    I forgot Xian Ni still exists. Stopped reading it halfway because I can no longer understand the plot.

20. Night

Night Immoral member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup.. What was make you want scream or shout like that was when you read the novel,you like to imagine you are the MC. So when the plos twitsed. You will say "the fuck. Is he(mc) idiot. Ceh what a joke" .
    And you not alone, i am like that to haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.