Resolved Word "Deleted" stays in read list chapter status

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Shtirliz, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Shtirliz

Shtirliz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Reading List consisted row "Chronicles of Primordial Wars
    [ c381(deleted) / c314 ]".
    Current chapter was updated to match latest available chapter and row became "Chronicles of Primordial Wars
    [ c314(deleted) / c314 ]" instead of "Chronicles of Primordial Wars
    [ c314 / c314 ]".

2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    only you can see that.
    it happens when a chapter you have your checkmark on is removed from NU.

to make it gone you just need to click (check) other listed chapter of that novel.

i have several of them in my reading list too, including "series deleted". i just leave it there in the occasion i need a screenshot. :blobphone:

deleted1.jpg

deleted2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  3. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    I know that after updating page it would be removed, but a bug is a bug and it need to be properly listed and possibly fixed.

4. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    i just made a mock test. and from what i can gather, the word 'deleted' went away after you reload the page.
    primo1.jpg
    primo2.jpg
    primo3.jpg
    primo4.jpg
    primo5.jpg
    what happens when you reload the page is that it request the server for an updated list, and the new list was downloaded into your pc, and subsequently displayed in your browser

what you're seeing before that, however, is a copy of the list that's already on your pc. in other words, what you're interacting with is a list that's 'on your pc', a local copy in your browser's cache. not the one on the server. while it did send the updated info to the server (when you click the 'latest chapter' icon), your copy of the list that you're seeing, is still the outdated one, so the function in the page only copies over the last number that's available, which is 314.

i'm sorry for not being able to explain it in a more easy to understand way, but this probably how tony made its program, most likely not a bug per se. a quirk, if i must say.
    it could also be intentional from his pov. i can think of few reason he might want it to be so, but nothing's definite unless he said so.

5. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get it. This is part of forum for posting bugs, right? I post a bug, so it would be listed and maybe fixed in future. And yes, it's 100% bug, I guarantee that, it's not logical behavior. I'm a programmer myself(not in web, but UI should still be same UI with same behavior) and I dont understand why you would try to explain me something and even say that this is not a bug. "Delete" should be nothing but a attribute for choosen element of list and it should also be gone when diffrent element is choosen. It basic universal logic of UI.

6. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    look friend, i don't even know you. how do i know you or anyone is a programmer or not? even your original post doesn't indicate so. i mean, look at the thread title. you said 'stays'. and look at your orginal post and how simple it was. nothing in it gave a glimpse or what you are.

if i hit your ego as a programmer in any way, then i apologize for it. without further detail in advance, i'd just assume and treat you like i'd treat anybody else, an average joe.

and did i ever deny it is a bug? it is you who insist it was. and i say "most likely not, but nothing is definite", meaning that i do agree it could be a bug

7. Shtirliz

Reading List:
    Link
    No, there misunderstanding. Just see my starter post there - I was just reporting a bug, nothing else. Second post there - you telling me things that I already know. Third was me telling that I'm aware of all of this and that I just reporting a bug, nothing else. Typically saying - conversation should be stopped at this point. But then you say a bunch of stuff(guess-work) about how this bug came to live and assume that this maybe not a bug. Again, why to say all of this? For who? I never asked for any kind of explanations, I was just reported a bug. The only possible explanation is that you want to say that this is not a bug, but again there no clear indication that this is a intentional "feature", and all of your post is just _guesses_ - you clearly stated it. Then I point that this still a 100% bug from UI point of view and that it should be fixed. Or at least clearly stated that it's a intentional "feature"(from my point of view it's not how it works, even in web).

To make it clear - there maybe only two outcomes - that a topic is a bug and maybe would be fixed in future, or if it's a intentional behavior(doubt it) and that outcome would made topic not a bug, but suggestion, because behavior still would be faulty from UI point of view. All assumptions and guesses are useless there, and topic only needs attention from people who could decide and state which of two outcomes is right.

About quality of bug report - sorry, there is no guidelines how to report a bug, this is forum and not a Jira, it's not my native language and I'm reporting it from mobile. =)