Chinese World/ Master of Great Calamity

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Bakaturq, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 大劫主 - Master/World of Great Calamity (Tentative title)
    Raw Link: https://m.biduo.cc/biquge/29_29042/
    Raw Status: 1000 Chapters (Completed)
    NU Link: -
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I'm not good at giving my thoughts, but i've finished reading and would like to share to the other readers, so i will just give a summary

In a world plagued by the big calamity every 3 thousand years, a group of top practitioners gather together to find a way to find and eliminate the source of the calamity. They failed and died in the process, but a manual that claims to be the answer called “True Comprehension of The Way" (道元真解)was discovered. Only, there was not just 1 manual, it was countless of copies with no idea of the authenticity.

The countless manuals were distributed across the world hoping to find the answer, and one youth, who became the scholar of the competition to understand the manual was denied his position in Qing Yuan Sect due to the holder of the manual dying declaring the manual as fake.

However, unbeknownst, he found a Heavenly Divination Art (天洐术)hidden within the manual. This art could utilize his knowledge to find the best path for his cultivation. Using this art, watch as he rises up in the world and become a new generation of heroes trying to defend and eventually solve the calamity.

This is a tale of how a youth solves the calamity (like 90% of the novel) and in the process discovers the weakness of his world's original cultivation and redefine the rules we all know about the regular Cultivation World.

This novel explores the ugliness and beauty of the human nature.

Description:
    A manual of <<True Comprehension of the Way>>, hides the secrets of the way, an art that divines tens of thousands of formula, causes one to hold the Three Thousand Path within one's grasp.

A poor youth rises up, having spend 10 years studying to understand the manual.

Finally, using the strike of a sword, he uses only nothing but his hand to protect the world.

The calamity that comes every three thousand years, becomes nothing but a godly weapon in his grasp. ON this celestial road, who dares to go against his blade.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    Overclock likes this.
  2. Devil of Boredom

Devil of Boredom Exists.

Reading List:
    Link
    + 1 for your summary/synopsis but the novel description makes it sound like a guy with chunnibyou syndrome wrote it

3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    +1, sounds fun, maybe I will read the raws later.

4. NebulousSpirit

NebulousSpirit Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I started translating this. Will post 2-3 chapters in the coming days to see if people are interested.
    Using Bakaturq's title: "Master of Great Calamity"
    I will probably post 1-2 chapters/week in the beginning to get used to the vocab. If anyone wants to help out, just let me know!

Bakaturq likes this.
  5. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were you aware it's a Qidian series?

6. Bakaturq

Bakaturq Tell me, what do you see?

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol, i just used the raw title to search on nuf after finished reading back then.

Wu Jizun likes this.
  7. NebulousSpirit

NebulousSpirit Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are Qidian novels not allowed?

8. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not "not allowed" per se, but it's extremely risky -- unless you plan on eventually working for them and confident you can land a contract with them. They actively send cease and desists and more.