Discussion World of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Raphael, Nov 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that World of Cultivation may go far, I mean I don't know how anyone else feels but the story I've read so far which is up to chapter 51 has been pretty unique. I mean yeah is just the same old xianxia stuff but for some reason this story feels a bit fresh. Also I like how our character is just a scrub in a world of titans, by which I mean there are a lot of people out there who can kill him with but a look but you also know he is not just any scrub because of his missing memories and this new development with the starts out in daylight when he achieved Zhuji.

So yeah anyone have any thoughts or comments to make on the story? I'm curious to read what other people think of this story and if they also feel is a bit unique despite sharing so much with other novels out there.:)

2. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not totally caught up with it but it was a bit of a slow read. It took around 40 chapters to find out was put in the summary of the story, which kind of irked me. I think it has the potential to be very good but there isn't enough there to really make that call yet. I'm gonna go catch up.

Edit: It's actually only around 30 chapters.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  3. Evilnemesis7

Evilnemesis7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    World of Cultivation is my favourite new series. One feature that I find quite nice is that it's a lot less blunt about foreshadowing and not all of them are fully shown until much later.
    I like books that treat it's readers like they're intelligent beings, feels very rewarding when you can call what will happen or guess some parts.

The writing is also much better than most, kudos to the translator as well as the author for making it an enjoyable read.

As for the world itself, very intriguing, we don't know a lot but that will change in due time. The spells and techniques are easy to grasp and yet there's a lot of depth to them.

All in all, everyday is a constant wait for my daily WoC chapter and I love it.

4. camroc

camroc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    did you not read the translator notes on top... around chapter 10 or so he says this series is finished at around 800+ chapters... i think 831 but im not looking at the specific post

5. BusyBee

BusyBee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, it's starting out very well. The MC has a brain and a purpose (that doesn't include chasing after women). I swear we have enough of those harem Xianxias to go around. I wouldn't mind if romance develops later on though, just no harems. They ruin the story for me. Hopefully this will become one of my favorite as it progresses.

6. Deleted member 36162

Deleted member 36162 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    True Martial World is way better than martial world.
    Go check on it.

7. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Locked. Please do not necro old threads

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.