LCD World of Cultivation

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Raphael, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The point of cultivation is power or knowledge. WS got stronger at the beginning because of his love for the sword and not cuz he wanted immortality. In fact, immortality and increased age is never mentioned as a reason to breakthrough. It's about strength and learning and is much more human and realistic imo.

And history being rewritten is how things work in the real world. Society isnt always nice to the better people. And changing principles can cause good people (at the time) to be thought of as bad. It's just the way it is.

2. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    shouldn't Undefeated God of War take place inbetween WoC and avalon? or maybe in a far away place from WoC area

4. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In regards to the lack of immortality... cultivators in this story have ever longer lifespan, we have seen some whose lifespan was in the tens of thousands of years.

Moreover, we have actually seen the occasional trick that could result in actual immortality such as the mist-child that the MC found and subdued. Also there is the "go into an egg and be reborn in a brand new body" trick the MC used 3 different times which should work. So it's more like the author just forgot and was kinda bullshitting all along.
    The issue here is that the LOSERS are rewriting history... for some inexplicable reason the MC's massive overpowered "sect" disappears and all the enemy sects that the MC "took out by the root" suddenly reappear out of nowhere and then rewrite history.

Heck, even if you disregard the MC's organization, how are other organizations allowing them to rebuild instead of killing and looting them? remember the feeding frenzy when some of them were weakening? this just doesn't make any sense at all based on existing lore

Haiku575 likes this.
  5. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    *Shrugs*. We honestly don't know what happened, so I cant really comment on it. For all we know, the other sects won the long-term battle and ZM didn't. Its quite possible. And while ZM was a scalper, he also wasn't vindictive and trying to kill everyone who looked at him funny like other MCs, so I can easily see the sects surviving.

Regardless, I personally think most stories that end with the MC as the straight-up most powerful in the universe and immortal are boring af and badly written. I prefer stories where even God dies for whatever reason. But that's me.

6. Aeternelle

Aeternelle Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Latest chapters of Avalon hints at developping techniques to synchronize armies and develop a new type of swordsmen. Ordinary men (or at least weaker) would be able to band up to defeat stronger individuals. I understand it's iffy, especially with Card Disciple into account whose translation has halted. You could say WoC -> Avalon, Card Disciple -> UGoW; the two series of stories parallels each other with elements from one appearing in the other.

*methinks*

7. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    imo it's either taking place far away from woc worlds or b4 avalon cus qi/ling is still there

also they travel thru different worlds so it cant be after avalon cus theres only 1 big world in avalon

8. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Help! Anyone have any idea which chapter is Zuo Mo will see the full shen equipment his dad made? And more on about his family? His grandma? How were they able to harness shen power in modern ear without belief. Thanks~!

9. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you asking for information since you haven't read it in its entirety and thus want spoilers?

Raidou99 likes this.
  10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't mean that an alternative can't end up being even more badly written.

11. CandleLight

CandleLight Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    naw im done, but i dont ive seen it anywhere... the last mention of that equip is liang er(?) from tian huan goving their piece to lil miss as a sign that they’re joining mo cloud sea... or did i miss it anywhere?
    Thanks

12. Arcturus

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wasn't there unfortunately. One of those plot threads that was left hanging.

13. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Lines are getting blurred but don't read a xuanhuan and expect xianxia

Decided to read the end so I can chuck this as completed. Took a minute or so. Translator rambling was more interesting
    I still stand on where I was when I caught up and gave up around chapter 300 . You can't keep a story interesting for over 300 chapters, at most 500. .
    The pinyin was annoying but it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2018
  14. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Binged the last 100 or so chapters after I heard it finished. Ending was a bit lukewarm but wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Then again most of these translated stories have 'meh' endings.

15. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I've done the same, and feel the same.

16. MrLLama

MrLLama Just a Fancy Llama.

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished binge reading woc. It was very good but I am disappointed with the ending... I feel like ideal ending would be zuo mo setting up wukong formation sect at the wukong mountain XD

17. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    well the ending was quite rush, 'twas the same with author's other works too

18. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    Well everyone has an ideal ending so the author is just allowing each reader to imagine their own ideal ending. Since he's accomplished everything he needs to do the rest would be easy.

Lokumi likes this.