Question World Online: Cui Yingyu

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Cosmic_, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    So I'm on chapter 182 and I'm a bit confused about the people/subordinates of the MC and Cui Yingyu. She should be the person/sworn sister of the MC in game and incharge of the banks right? So all this time I thought she was some NPC. So is our MC, not the only "player" or real person in his territory? I thought he didn't accept players yet.

It make me remember that different of Lord mode vs the other(adventurer?) mode since MC's sister did Lord mode but wasn't incharge of a territory. She was an honorary official I think. So is it that all this time there were players/real people as MC's subordinates that were in Lord mode as officials that traveled to MC's town, joined, became subordinates, and are playing along with MC? Just that players of the other mode aren't in MC county.

I'm just confused because I don't know what's/who's real. Ch182 had the Cui girl apparently IRL (something with her business es family, bandit kidnapping, yet alive, playing Earth Online, and looking for her family.) Someone explain to me the entire novel and how the game works. :blobdizzy::notlikeblob:

2. IAmGodSlayer

IAmGodSlayer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read the first 60 chapters and I think it was mentioned that she was an NPC. I didn't know that she is also in real life

Shadowsan likes this.
  3. Nino Sasou

Nino Sasou 『 ******** 』『 On Paid Leave』

Reading List:
    Link
    Npc. She was kidnapped by bandit and escaped with the doctor. She is among first citizen of city
    Mc didnt employ human player until humanity broad the spaceship

DSYS likes this.
  4. Fik

Fik Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah im still at chp 55 and she is a NPC, he got 2 sworn sister but both is NPC

5. Hiji

Hiji [Unlucky soul]

Reading List:
    Link
    Might be confusing because mc doesn't discriminate against NPC and player he cares about talent but she's an NPC that came with the second batch of refugees and mc's first sworn sister from the Cui family in a different city, she just got attacked and separated
    ,her fam thinks shes dead

Mc is the only player in his county before the migration, he invited his allies to vist once though before some battle that required all lord players
    When the migration starts thats when other players which mc allows start living in his city

6. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Reading List:
    Link
    almost all the key subordinates are NPCs so far. the only players I can recall are the lifestyle guild members the lord has his female roommate recruit and their families. other than that there are some IRL mercenaries employed as trainers and one economics expert has become important also. so far the players are production oriented with NPCs in charge of administration.

7. s1ck5

s1ck5 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She is an npc her caravan got attacked by bandits in the wild and then looked for refuge in the mc city back in chapter 2 I think.

8. Cosmic_

Cosmic_ [Novel Addict] [Lazy Writer] [Meh Editor]

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I think I just got super confused because I read about the female lead (Sun something) investigate the Cui family. Though she was investigating IRL after she went to her parents. Turns out it was in-game.

Thanks everyone!:blobsmilehappyeyes:

9. Nekorin

Nekorin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she's an NPC.. the MC user rl connection(MC friends w/c playing as a architect) to keep in touch with her family on a major city..

10. Hiji

Hiji [Unlucky soul]

Reading List:
    Link
    Cause mc said he would find her fam for her, he find them and sends a letter to them that's she's alive

11. RayPeest

RayPeest Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The MC is basically gifted with luck to have an NPC always appear for his needs since he does not have an IRL force to back him up basically until later.

12. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she is an npc

in the game, npc also have families and so on.

tbh the side characters in this novel are more or less already forgotten. even his sister is thrown into cyber school and never spoken of again. she came back once during her holidays but all we got was 3 sentences and then ...she's forgotten again...

even the tailor sister was ignored for 300 chapters then mentioned once more

as for yinyu..it seems like she'll eventually leave as well due to the stress she's accumulating

13. Ranz

Ranz 『Legend Death』『Necromancer』『Pokemon Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    She is an NPC from some business group. She got kidnapped and mc took her for his sworn sister.
    She also has a real brother(also an NPC ofcourse) who governs one of the mc's cities.
    Btw she's not in charge of the Four Seas Bank, she's just in charge of the Financial Department of Shanhai City/Prefecture. The mc got someone from the real world to become the head of the bank.

gary0044187 likes this.
  14. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC knew that the Cui family is a big merchant and banker in Dali. So he make use of her.

gary0044187 likes this.
  15. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cui is a member of the Cui clan from Dali, she is most definitely an NPC.

16. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh there really isn't a point in making distinctions between npc and players in the novel.

the only thing is that they couldn't have fun with them in the real world but the real world got written out really early and has zero relevance for 90% of the novel.

not to mention that the novel ends the second the space ship lands so we don't know how these npc will help in the new planet or how many he can bring out...

17. DSYS

DSYS Member

Reading List:
    Link
    imo there is a difference - players can be revived and NPC usually cannot be revived (unless it is a famous person)

There are emotional chapters where the NPC team leader died or almost die, while on a mission.

Also, the difference served as a character development for MC as he grows stronger to develop trust in real players as to NPC.