LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    with how much information is forcibly shoved into people's minds using the Systems in this novel( experience on how to do certain things down to the muscle memory is a lot), i think giving her only this much is already the System slacking on its job.

The skeletons probably don't listen to everything that's said, they only focus on if the answer that was given to the question was truthful or not. Otherwise such minor wordplay wouldn't have been able to fool them.

If she indeed is the Pope( tho we're already 99% sure about that), then Xue Er doesn't know it, since both the Pope and Isa have a habit of concealing their appearance and physique, and MC himself claimed that her powers aren't public knowledge, so aside from the fact that Isa comes from her world (a fact she was told by the System), she doesn't know anything about her.

jacobpaige likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I was looking on that as something the narrator said, not something Xue Er said.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So Gu Qing Shan has all his memories from past life completely intact, right? The only thing missing is his power and techniques (sword arts).

That Final Demon obviously can't be the "last boss" so to speak since it's in the Sainted realm, and we already know there's at least another 3 or 4 levels beyond that.

Also, something I found quite odd is that they were talking about "their" Divinity?... But before this it seemed like Gu Qingshan basically didn't know about Divinities before his return to the past.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she can use SP to create cards, or if she'd even need to given how the pope was able to create her own. Regardless, it sounds like she'll be able to do everything the pope was doing and more, but without the need to brainwash or sacrifice anyone, at least in terms of the number of powers used in succession.

I expect she's going to hate her family and the "Protector" even more after this. I wonder if she'll exterminate them all. Also curious if her ancestor will seek death by trying to prevent her from marrying the MC, or trying to force the families to flee.
    In the cultivation world, nothing above sainted can exist, for now. So the last boss being at the peak of Sainted isn't unbelievable.

As for the divinity, he may have had those memories removed along with the sword arts. The system is breaking or severely bending a lot of rules here, and him having memories of the divinities might draw attention to that fact in the same way that speaking of certain subjects will draw retaliation from various powers.

5. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    knowing that they have a Divinity that sides with them doesn't necessarily mean he automatically knows everything about said Divinity, or even about Divinities in general. You aren't going to question a figure that's on your side and is powerful enough to kill you in one hit (maybe)

that asides, this is actually a small mistake on my part as the translator, this Divinity has indeed been mentioned once before at the very start of the novel, but I might've translated it a different way, since this character doesn't actually show up, only ever mentioned.

6. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I get that SuXueEr wants to give him that scroll so she rushed there. But I feel like she and GQS could have had a nice long talk about the situation and the altered fate as she flew there.

7. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    10 seconds left.
    There’s still time to provoke my rival!
    -
    Su Xue Er, 2019

Priorities (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C349: He tells her to decide a path, but doesn't tell her what paths are available. How is she supposed to choose?

Her will to control her own destiny is far too weak. Isn't it supposed to be her new defining characteristic? The fact that the system chose manipulation over reassurance of her future freedom to ignore quests should be all the indication she needs that binding herself to it will rob her of her freedom.

Well, it seems like time passes in Reality while she's in the Fog Isle world. I wonder if the reverse is true. Either way, its going to make it difficult for her to catch up to the MC.

Also wondering why the Protector expected her to return to reality after awakening, but before choosing a path when the Sentinel didn't.

9. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He told her some of the paths in C347: "Some wants to travel between the multiple worlds, others want strength to fight against the Apocalypses, some desires to make a mark for themselves within the river of destiny, but they are all paths that each God's Chosen choose for themselves." By that my guess is there is no limitations on what she can choose as a path i.e. she can choose pretty much any type of goal she wants as a path. The trick is to choose the path closest to her heart which is why he's showing her her original destiny and how her life would have ended.

Controlling her destiny doesn't change the fact that every choice she makes has consequences. Time is in short supply and she decided being manipulated by the system was an acceptable cost versus. It's very realistic that if she didn't accept the system's manipulation, the world could be utterly destroyed before she made it back under her own power. So I wouldn't consider her will weak. She made a choice. Whether that was the optimal choice, it's far too early to judge.

My guess would be if no one from Reality is there, time doesn't pass. If Guru Isa is still in the fogs and hasn't died/escaped back to reality, time's probably still flowing.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sure it was the optimal choice. I'm just not sure it was the correct one for her stated goals and the things she claimed meant the most to her. Basically, she traded away a large part of her freedom just to give a protective talisman to someone whom she had to suspect didn't need it. She also ignored the possibility of using the Sentinel to return home briefly, which, judging by the Protector's reaction to her return, was actually a valid option. Critically, its an option that she'd almost certainly be aware of based on the things she's already learned from the library.

Astaroth likes this.
  11. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am at around chapter 80 and damn, this story is a mess. There are just too many things going on: System, sect and real life.
    The romance is pathetic as I expected not a fan of face slapping either but the novel is still fun.
    Does he leave the sect? I am a bit confused about the protagonists lack of urgency.
    The quest system is a breath of fresh air.

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    I always wanted to ask, what's Huang Quan?

13. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You have to remember from the MC's point of view, he's a year in the past from when he learned about cultivation the first time. Since you're at chapter 80, the MC thinks he has a year before the apocalypse starts in reality and he's already changed things dramatically in the Cultivation World. Add on to the fact that the War God System is a terrifying cheat for cultivating plus his own prior knowledge in cultivation, he probably feels he's really not back at the starting point.

As for leaving the sect, he's still a member of the sect in the current translated chapter... but ummm a LOT of stuff happens. Lets just say what sect you belong to stops really mattering.

It's one of the many Chinese hells. Check out the wiki entry for Diyu as a primer. But even that is barely scratching the surface.

Wujigege likes this.
  14. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much

15. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Her choice right now simply means her priorities aren't as she makes them out to be, clearly she values being able to pursue her first love even more than having enough freedom to decide her own fate. Hell, i'd argue that her entire idea of "being able to decide her own fate" is probably centered around whether or not she'll get to marry MC, regardless of consequences, so her actions here fit quite well.
    I'm not saying it's the right choice, she'll probably regret it much later on for making such a dumb choice for something that she could so easily accomplish on her own (albeit with time), but it fits well with the trope of a young girl in love being blind to anything but her love (she's only just turned 18 btw)

Astaroth likes this.
  16. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The main reason behind her binding to the system was to give GQS the scroll. To her, GQS has about 10 years left and she has no guarantee that she will be able to traverse world by that time.

Sure, it is still a stupid choice but I don't think she would regret it later on.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    O, I'm not saying its out of character. I'm just saying that she's saying one thing, but doing another. Honestly, I'd be all for this if I believed that she'll be punished for it later due to paths of cultivation being highly incompatible with people lying to themselves like this.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Weren't they headed to Fuxi at the end of 351? Why is he suddenly at home cultivating at the start of 352?

"I won’t make it in time doing it the old-fashioned way with Quests" I really have to wonder why he's so certain of this. He's already leagues stronger than anything in Reality.

That said, there's really no downside to giving up the sword styles for him. He can reacquire all of them and then some from his sect's inheritance. I'm sure the learning cost will be higher, but he's basically always overflowing with SP.

"His following path of cultivation will be completely new without a road to tread on." ...except the one laid out for him by his shifu, the sect's library, and the System.

19. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's interaction inside the sect is mainly comedy. Where else have you seen the sect master openly display pickpocket skill?

Arkeus and Wujigege like this.
  20. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    is official guru isa is the pope and it seems she was using the beta of the system as her own power until su xuer came and scammed her

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019