LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if this means she'll be joining the enemy side.

2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Pope is completely egocentric, so she'll do whatever it takes and sacrifice anyone for her own survival. That being said the enemy side would have to offer her a deal that she'd be willing to trust (over just running the fuck away.) My hunch is she's contacting a currently unaffiliated side to get more power and/or forces. She likes what she's built up on Earth, so she's not going to throw it away until she's played all of her possible cards. It's important to remember though that she isn't human, she's someone who has possessed a human's body.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that Asmodeus will be forced to help out. I wonder how though.

4. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 116: We need all the fighters we can find
    Protagonists proceeds to kill two human cultivator seeds.
    Given how he is not stronger than the examiners, them not doing anything was disappointing

5. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, that is basically the world view expressed by the author. Clearly, there is no deep trust in an independent legal system to resolve disputes. People are expected to take care of themselves. If someone insults you, you cannot expect the examiners to help you to suppress them. On the other hand, the examiner will not fault you if you have the ability to kill them in duels.
    The same is true in Reality as well. MC is not going through the court system when someone tries to kill him. He kills them back in return.

6. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasnt the rules sparring? I recall that being mentioned
    It was quite disappointing, I was hoping to see the examiners bully him
    The protagonist hasnt been challenged for a while, it has gotten stale for me.
    Unlimited funds both in real life and the game world
    There is zero tension. I am considering dropping it and trying Dark Blood Age

7. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    "-------without being able to cut off the signal in time, this declaration was broadcast across the entire globe."

Yeah right, as if any "live" broadcast wouldn't have at least a few seconds of delay to edit out anything unexpected. Especially when there's super AIs like Impartial Goddess around.

Haiku575 likes this.
  8. keialpha

keialpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In the U.S. it is well-known that there is a 7-second delay to live broadcast precisely for that. Do that have that in China? The author simply does know solutions that is well-known in other countries.
    And to be fair, the super bowl halftime show with wardrobe malfunction did happen.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  9. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I think you guys forgot this is a sci-fi novel. They should have already developed an AI to specifically edit out anything undesireable from live broadcast, considering how quick IG's processing speed is, although normal AI would be slower they should still be able to do it.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C357: "The person then took out his Holo-Brain and began to arrange accordingly." I'm assuming IG is faking the other ends of those calls, but I wonder if she'll record them for later use by the Empress, or if the MC will settle things directly.

"At the ball, she had actually thought he was just a bookworm." If she so undervalues scientists, then I have to hope for Fuxi's sake that she's very, very far down the line of succession.

C358: "you will naturally become the heir to the throne in the future” She'll need a lot more personal growth than this to be worthy of ruling over so many people, especially if the country is still recovering from the events of the story.

I wonder how people are going to react to this when they enter the cultivation world and recognize that armor for what it is and realize that someone from the cultivation world impersonated a messenger of one of their gods for political reasons. People tend not to react well to such things.

While its true that they want all the fighters they can get, its also true that they want to maintain at least the appearance of upholding their ideals, regardless of cost. Cultivators are nothing if not prideful. This is true in basically every cultivation story.

That said, the MC is rarely challenged. The vast majority of his "battles" are roflstomps. If you're wanting him to win against all odds, then you should probably just move on to a different story.
    I would assume that the military official responsible for the shout was also controlling the people responsible for editing such stuff out of the live broadcast. While the shout itself was opportunistic, he was clearly planning something else for the event and wouldn't have forgotten to seize control of the live broadcast beforehand to make sure that it was his narrative that people saw.

Wujigege likes this.
  11. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About God's Chosen and cultivation, at least the protagonist believes that it greatly increase their power (See how Ivan? was someone he considered much weaker than he would be with basic cultivation training). However, he might be wrong.

There might also be something about 'attracting attentions'. Apparently there Fog Island is really big on where they are allowed to use abilities, so it's very possible they consider Cultivation the same way some people consider nuclear energy.
    Ehh, he isn't challenged by people of his nominal level.

He constantly get in situation where he knows he cannot fight at all against the opponents, and has to instead help stronger people than him.

12. Wujigege

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I dropped it, you are right. I prefer it when my protagonist suffers.
    I can maybe copy his ideas in my own challenges in real life.
    I am certainly not stomping in real life haha
    Thanks for the response

13. Arkeus

Arkeus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyway, someone knows what's going on with Xiuxiu? Apparently protagonist used to know her in the 'future', given the Su Xer flashback, and she was an 'Adult' then.

But... he never thinks of her even once when it comes to thinking about future stuff. He thinks of the production disciple a lot, and of the teacher, and of other characters. But never her.

Astaroth likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I mentioned before that it feels like MC doesn't actually know about the future as much as he should, and speculated that maybe it was because he hadn't recovered all his memories yet, but apparently it was only sword techniques left without any regular memories, so the only option left is that GQS returned earlier than the future end Su Xu Er saw.

Or I guess the wargod UI could technically have lied to him...

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I've been assuming that he's forgotten more than he realized about his past life, and the System is simply hiding that from him. Whether that's to control him, or because there's legitimate danger in him knowing, or it itself is unaware of what "nonessential" information he lost, is rather hard to know. Its quite possible that its some combination of the above.

I'd favor the third possibility and assume that it worked hard to preserve anything directly tied to his strength (sword styles and arts) and the most important memories that would help him with their shared goal, but didn't really care very much about whether or not anything else got carried over. Though, I can certainly see arguments for the other possibilities, and their combinations.

16. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry to hear that, tension certainly does mount a lot in later chapters of the novel, where the odds are so stacked against him it's both dumb and smart that he got out alive every time. But if you're purely looking to see the MC suffer than yeah, i highly reccomend Dark Blood Age, the MC of that suffers like nobody's business.

He met her once, in a battle where he's joined by hundreds of thousands of people, before sacrificing himself. I think he simply doesn't have the brain capacity to remember so many superfluous details, or the fact that he met her once and knows that she's willing to sacrifice herself doesn't change too much about how he interacts with her (he found out that she had sacrificed herself for the Shifu before the story even began). He's still only human, and humans tend to forget things that they deem unimportant.

Wujigege likes this.
  17. Haiku575

Haiku575 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's really strange IG didn't report to mc about anything going on in the Holy Empire before Isa went to the banquet. Like the horde of hell spirits, and how she managed to deal with them, or the huge human sacrifice, which I guess she already completed.

It'll be interesting if Isa actually dies from this, but then Asmodeus already has a ticket to this world now. So now all kinds of dumpster hellfire hobo party things are gonna happen.

What a mess.

18. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Isa discarded the unusable cards and redrew them.

Omfg is this for real? We MTG now boizz

Seriously though, can't say I'm thrilled about card type god's chosen skills being literal card games of having to draw, discard, and redraw cards. Like card draw RNG, seriously?...

Just imagining having someone win or lose a fight because LeverNucky bad RNG draws like in Hearthstone makes me mad.

Another novel that comes to mind is The Amber Sword where the author added MTG via having planeswalkers as summoner-esque class (and the MC becomes a planswalker) and that was just weird. Though eventually it wasn't too bad, but it's definitely not a plus in my book.

19. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why they need to break through fate I guess, since fate = luck. The MTG planeswalker is fun, though I never get to really play with good players.

20. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to say that shows why she's still only considered weak despite the cards themselves that holds the power and not her. Technically, when the cards are the power( since they're manifestations of a God Chosen's Skill), you only need a powerful enough card to become the most powerful person, but that isn't the case. Personally, i've always thought that these card users are considered powerful or not by how well they can draw the exact card they need to counter the opponent in the shortest time. Isa still had to discard the ones she can't use in that situation BECAUSE she's not that strong, whereas Bloodcloak would've drawn exactly the one scroll he needed to kill all three of them in one second without needing to stop time