LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think having to face senior judges and having to face a Demon hell bent on devouring you require different kinds of courage.

I know of people who are cool under pressure in any social situation or performance. But when it comes to violence they shrivel up.

Based on the first 2 rounds I doubt they would truly eliminate all the hopeless cowards or wastrels.

I think and illusion or even real fight with a demon beast at or below their level would be the best indicator about whether or not they are ready to have resources given to them to assist in growth.

That's probably the 3rd round honestly so I dont know why the novel jumped the gun in saying that.

2. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is, they don't need to eliminate ALL the cowards, they only need to eliminate the ones that shows it so clearly that there's absolutely no hope for them to ever be accepted, regardless of how talented they are. This is an event that happens annually for at least a thousand years already, so I think we can at least trust that they're experienced enough to filter out the riff-raffs.

Not to mention, what the tests here are meant to do is just accepting new members into the sects, where they'll be further educated and trained. It's not like they're getting mountains of free resources immediately after they come into the sect (unlike our MC)

Diagon Alleycat and Westeller like this.
  3. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    That is fair actually. It's just an opening of the door, not the keys to the kingdom.

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C113: “That’s right, we only need to show up here to say that Bai Hua Sect has come, then watch them fight to broaden our views, that much is enough” Didn't she also tell him that he needed to show off a bit? Or am I misremembering?

“I want to challenge Bai Hua Sect’s Gu Qing Shan” Well, at least they weren't stupid enough to challenge Xiuxiu.

“What you said is clearly very shameless, yet somehow I still feel you’re very cool” rofl. I like this girl XD

C114: Why would he kill any of them? They're needed to fight the demons. Beating them till they can't fight for a week is more than enough.

“Kill him, or we all die here!” Not really? All you have to do is step down and you'll live. Heck, you'll even improve your odds of being accepted by a good sect and be praised for your intelligence and calm.

"As a cultivator, to bow down to someone else, their Dao heart is already broken." That's a close minded and idiotic assumption to make. It assumes a great deal about the fragility of their minds and hearts.

"As he felt a chill on his head, he doesn’t hesitate to swung his sword upwards" He doesn't have a sword.

C115: Why not just move to the edge of the arena? The MC can't step outside of it without losing. If he's willing to do so, then just move to the wall and use that to block him instead.

C116: "This thing is pretty much useless, but with Shifu’s personality, she’ll probably use it to show off how well she teaches her disciple." You know her well ;) I just wonder if she'll be insensitive enough to show it off to that saint whose disciple was just killed.

Diagon Alleycat likes this.
  5. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    True, but also not true. What the newcomers here have is just the potential to be strong, even the strongest of them all is only Foundation Establishment. It was said earlier on that the sects are recruiting new members to make sure that they will have some new blood to raise, not to immediately send these newbies to the frontline and die.

He only killed one of them, but that's probably to show off Bai Hua sect's methods. "If you ever try to scheme against Bai Hua sect I'll beat you until you can't move for a week" isn't quite as impactful as "If you ever try to scheme against Bai Hua sect I'll kill you"

Yes moving to the edge would be a good idea, I wonder why the idiot that thought bad-mouthing a little girl would make himself look more presentable to the girl he was trying to court didn't think of that. Also, that first guy that got all his bones broken never actually went up the arena, there aren't any specifically stated rules that you have to fight inside the ring, unless I'm misremembering. They're fighting on a raised platform, so there aren't any walls either.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant the walls of the arena. At least, I assume that the platforms are within an arena. I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to the descriptions of the area.

Yeah, he was a particularly stupid person. Honestly, I don't know what the other saint ever saw in him.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C117: I guess he's decided that his shifu needs more company than just herself and her disciples ;) It's sweet of him, but I wonder how many times she'll wind up cursing him for it.

C118: Well, that stealing skill really would have been too OP. The fights already lack tension. That would have just made the issue even worse.

C119: “Remember also to not throw away your swordsmanship and bow skills" Really? I figured he was basically done with the bow forever at this point. Good to know that he's not abandoning it.

C120: "Shifu, you’re also laughing, and laughing the most as well " lol. I wonder if he'll ever tell her that he knew about all of her identities all along ;)

“Qing Shan, do your best to learn, don’t let others distract you and affect your cultivation” rofl XD

Honestly, I think he should have kept training. He still needs SP for his cultivation after all. He doesn't really have enough time to do it normally if he wants to be the one man army that stops the apocalypse all by himself.

“Perhaps I should let Gu Qing Shan be the second brother…” lol.

8. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he entered secluded cultivation to learn the movement technique... aren't you suppose to never be disturbed during that... why could everyone visit him at the drop of a hat.

Also... with this novels obsession on any non normal facial expression or temperament being wrongly concluded as Demonic Possession I expect the next time someone has so much as a facial tick for someone to wonder if that means they are possessed by a demon.
    Just saying.

9. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and finally he sleeps properly... for a few minutes

10. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit late, but if Bai Hua country is almost entirely populated by Bai Hua herself (until very recently, ofc), and Qin Xiao Lou spends his time picking up girls there or visiting a red light district, then, uh...? :sweating_profusely:

Jokes aside, this novel is surprisingly entertaining considering it's basically MGA-level junk food.

I'm surprised she hasn't noticed. Even if he's pretending not to know, some of his reactions must be giving hints.

Speaking of 120, tho, I'm a bit annoyed that he spent 532 points to comprehend a skill he was clearly making great progress on. I mean, heck, he could have at least worked a little longer to lower that cost, and saved some points for cultivation advancement. Wdf.

Esp with that hint that he had been learning it much faster than Bai Hua originally did. What a waste!

At least he acknowledges it, though, and just "couldn't wait anymore". So that takes a bit of the edge off my disappointment. It's not that he was too dumb to see the best path forward. He just didn't want to take it.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no red light district in that country. Though, I expect he has hit on his teacher quite a few times ;)

I'd consider it better than MGA, if for no other reason than that I don't think he'll ever rape any of the female leads.

Westeller likes this.
  12. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Literally every single one of which seems to have a thing for him. :blobrofl:

But he's much more likable than Chu Feng, for sure. MGA is fun sometimes, but sometimes it's... :blob_coughblood:

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. Viola

Reading List:
    Link
    It definitely caught me by surprise.
    I think the thing so far keeping it fresh is the future world/cultivation world and how he keeps jumping in between.

If he didnt have that modern world perspective and place to constantly return too I could see this being too trope filled to be anywhere near bearable to read.

But with it it is a lot of fun.
    If I were him I'd have just waited until I knew I was going to be teleported back or relatively close to that time then learnt it. Then asked Shifu for some trash (by her standards) utility weapons that I can absorb the skills from with the Soul Points I saved.
    Return to the Zombie Apocalypse as a human swiss army knife

Westeller likes this.
  14. Raison D

Raison D Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think he race against time, because he will go back to his world so he want to completed his divine skill early. if he completed that skill early then he can raise that skill level early with his real training. if he waited until teleported back he cant use that divine skill properly because lack of training and still get primary level (because he don't have that skill in his first life).

so he have 2 choice
    finished early with 0 soul point left but can training completed skill to possibly raise that skill level
    or
    wait until last second with some soul point left but possibly still get primary level and lack of training.

and you know his world getting raided by demons now and he cant get another skill because lack of cultivation so he doesn't need soul point immediately until he raise his cultivation.

Westeller likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C121: Why would he wait in the bathtub to go back to Reality? Did he just want to go streaking that badly?

C122: Shouldn't the MC be aware of what's happened to Anna's father? I wonder when he's planning to tell her, and how. She's not likely to believe him if he just says it. Also curious how he's planning to deal with the person sent to kidnap her when he didn't bother to improve his cultivation. Unless I misremember, he's not at the level of Reality's strongest people yet.

Also curious why the zombie hordes are so bad. Does IG not have the resources to kill all the infected that can't be cured?

16. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, he does know, that's why he told Anna to not leave the Confederate and wait for him to come back.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So far, we're only confirmed that he knows about the midget, not necessarily about her father already being dead. There's a small chance that he never found out since it wouldn't have been public knowledge, he wasn't that close to Anna, and by the time he rose to a high enough level of power to find out via his job, it wouldn't have really been important anymore, so he might not have been told. Thus my uncertainty.

18. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's what i assumed MC knows from reading the lastest chapters:
    -The midget is wearing Anna's father's skin
    -Anna will be caught and brought back to the Holy Empire to the church to become the midget's wife

From that string of information, and since there's no mention of any technology to create a human bodysuit so far, I'd presume that our MC thinks the midget must have killed Anna's father and take his skin using some sort of God's Chosen Skill. I mean, there's not a lot of reasons why an old man who's king would just leave his throne and let someone else replace him, let alone someone from a non-friendly faction.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  19. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not sure why he can’t just say that the Impartial Goddess or confederate spies have discovered her father is dead and his body is being puppeted around by the Holy Church. I don’t see why she wouldn’t believe that, or at least be willing to try and confirm it somehow before running back to the empire. She already has clear enmity with the church...

Does he still just not understand his own position in the confederate?

jacobpaige and Viola like this.
  20. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, even if there’s no explicit mention of a “human body suit” technology, there *has* been mention of clones. The MC was scanned for that at one point. ... Clones aside, there are countless other ways a person could have been controlled, manipulated, brainwashed, disguised, replaced, and so on and so on and so on.

I do believe he knows the midget is masquerading as the emperor anyway, because there’s just no reason to suspect he knows a less accurate history until we're told otherwise.