LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, it seems like he is trying to get the game started for everyone else, BTW can someone please tell me when does that happens?, spoiler tags please

2. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    wont it be like a training to those with him? since he's not a hero who can always appear when there's danger especially now that the world transfer thingy has been unstable since he started change fate? and that the apocalypse happens to fast that the soldiers need to adopt at a faster rate too?
    and i think he only gets very few sp for weak zombie mobs that its not worth it to show his hidden cards just for it...

3. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's a really really big spoiler: it doesn't start. the author subverts our expectations completely with an entirely different thing

4. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't really get anything from killing the zombies though? Its not like they're a challenge individually. It's just a question of running out of stamina from killing hundreds of them in a row. They're also not getting xp or anything from the killing. The MC is still the only player if you'll recall.

Naruin likes this.
  5. Naruin

Naruin [Dada's New Employee][ex-NAH owner]

Reading List:
    Link
    they do get something... its the experience(not game xp) of dealing with lots of demons... isnt it said that demons relies on their numbers? isnt it better if they already experienced running out of stamina during times when demons are still low level so they realize that they need to be stronger faster?

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Water Flow Severance is his weakest secret art, why is he using it at all in this fight? Shouldn't he have dozens of much more powerful secret arts to choose from? Or was he just trying to conserve energy since none of his attacks would be strong enough to matter?

That aside, I wonder how he's planning to get enough SP to cultivate if its already almost time for him to go back.

7. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not his weakest, just the very first that he could unlock and use, which he has 2 of. Also, he has more, but hasn't unlocked them since his soul vessel couldn't handle them. The over 1000 sword techniques he unlocked before while training were just techniques and not actually Secret Arts.

To compare, Water Flow Severance and Crescent Slash are attack skills, while the sword techniques are passives that allows his range of movement and control of the sword to be wider in battle.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he automatically unlocked all of his sword arts after his epiphany with his master?

Also, I'm basing my assumption of it being the weakest on the fact that it was the only one he was allowed to unlock at first since any of the others would have been too strong to not destroy his soul if he so much as tried to learn them, even with the system's and his own memories' assistance.

Viola likes this.
  9. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly kind of expected him to be able to handle a 4th tier elementalist with Foundation Establishment cultivation. I also didn't quite equate a 4th tier with a Martial Saint. That doesn't seem to quite match up, really, since the Martial Saints are supposed to be a top tier military deterrent and the strongest guys around. Oh well.

c106. He only awakens his regular techniques and no sword arts.

THAT SAID, I do believe things like the Wind Slash Style are "regular techniques" and allow him to do things like "hide a sword in the air". So the regular techniques should have all kinds of interesting abilities. I think the author just overreached and doesn't actually know what to do with the fact that he knows over a thousand sword techniques. We probably shouldn't expect any practical changes in his abilities beyond just being super duper good with the sword.

Especially since the author is pushing the "no forms" approach to top tier martial arts and swordplay. Basically, he's above all that. He just stabs things with his sword as the situation requires, in a "natural" way. Far above the limitations of a mere technique.

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C131: Shouldn't IG be wondering how he knew exactly where that guy was hiding?

C132: "I want to go to the bar, have a good drink and hit on some young ladies!” He has so many family problems and he still wants to expand his harem... Are we sure he's not the real MC here? ;)

“Understood” So, she's just taking his words as gospel now, even without any sort of evidence. I wonder where she tells herself he's getting his info. Because, honestly, the most likely explanation is that he's responsible for these diseases or knows the person who is and is protecting them. Either way, he's an enemy of the Confederacy.

C133: " Requesting sir Gu Qing Shan to create a measurement scale for Man Killer Fiends based on the current power scale, to more accurately gauge the enemy’s power" Wouldn't she be better at this than him? She has far more information to pull on than he does (as far as she knows), as well as a higher degree of objectivity in analyzing the information. Also, the scale he comes up with doesn't actually tell her how to categorize them. He never explains what the stages of the MKFs are, or how to recognize them. All he did was tell her that there might be a level above the one currently defined as the top.

"This type of occurrence persisted when the game started until very long after, only when everyone has already known to train and use spirit energy that it slowly disappeared." Gee. If only there were someone around who could start spreading cultivation techniques. Someone who had IG's unconditional trust and the highest authority level in the Confederacy.

[Despite the target’s current wounds, he still has the power to threaten sir Gu Qing Shan’s life, discouraging communication] He still has a holobrain on him. IG should know this. Why isn't she offering it as an alternative to a face-to-face meeting?

C134: “Having someone to watch my back is also not a bad choice” Isn't that guy a weakling compared to the MC? What makes the MC think he'd be anything but a burden? I mean, sure, there's almost 0 chance that he will be, but there's no reason for the MC to know that.

[“But now” Gu Qing Shan sighed, “I need to guarantee my business partner’s life as well”] Then why bring him? That's a massive waste of resources for no good reason. How many people are going to die because those resources weren't where they actually needed to be?

"He raised both hands up, showing that he was unarmed” What would that prove? He's already shown that he can pull weapons from thin air.

“That’s because you still have your Holo-Brain with you” If you know that, then why not just call?

11. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because they're there mainly to negotiate and not to fight? "Having your back" can mean more than just being able to back you up in a fight. The guy clearly showed himself to be a very smooth talker.

I think that's mostly formality (showing your empty hands is universal for "i'm unarmed") and showing his sincerity. I'm not saying they makes sense, but it's ettiquette that you need to show to even begin negotiation.

Just think about it, a mass murderer isn't going to trust words like "I believe you're not dangerous and can still be on our side" spoken by someone he nearly killed, while they're sitting somewhere safe and talking to him through what could possibly be the last remaining electronic device he's ever going to possess.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
  12. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She also knows he's risked his life under circumstances that prove he's an enemy of the fiends and whatnot, and his proposals are advice for her side of the fight. Frankly, even if she believed he was an enemy, it'd be the kind you kept close and humored.

But, yeah. It's extremely weird that she's never once questioned the source of his information. Especially when he does things like spontaneously contact the guy that's supposed to be dead. Something like that is not at all a question of intelligence.
    Yup, seemed useless. More for our benefit than hers, lol.

:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

Well, he knows he has a holobrain. She just shared a record of the guy actively communicating with his mother. ... I guess IG didn't feel the need to suggest he use an option he knows he has? ... Probably.

As for why meeting in person is the better option... who knows.

jacobpaige likes this.
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If that's what he wanted him along for, then he would have explained the mission in detail, with special focus on what they wanted from the guy and what they were willing to offer in exchange. Instead, they went in blind and forced his partner to wing it.

It depends on what you say really. If the deal is just going to be something like "kill the other monsters for us and we'll make sure your loved ones never want for anything for the rest of their very long lives" then that doesn't really require a huge amount of trust. It just requires an understanding of the underlying threat inherent in demonstrating knowledge of his loved ones' identities and locations. Is the risk of failure a bit higher? Maybe, but the risk of death is nil, which is far more than can be said for meeting in person.

That aside, it just feels out of character for IG to not try to push the option that minimizes danger to him, or even mention it.

14. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, you said it yourself, the risk of failure is higher, and that's the one thing he wants to avoid the most. He even mentions that this was something that never happens ever before in the entire 10-year history of the past life. Since he finally gets the chance, i think he'd want to maximize his chance of success, regardless of any dangers he might face - which, i'll remind you, he believes himself fully capable of escaping from. The only reason why he spend all that extra effort was to ensure Ying Hao wouldn't die due to him tagging along.

like Westseller said, IG didn't remind him to use the holobrain instead simple because she believes he would've already considered that option and dismissed it as redundant.

I'll agree that that's what makes the most sense to do, but i'll point out that IG being so adamant about keeping a secret that she wouldn't brief him on what they're really doing despite having him on the mission also doesn't make sense. It was done to add a comic relief element i guess? The author likes to have characters do ridiculous things from time to time to relieve the sense of urgency that he's building up - one of the main reasons I think he's able to keep up the high tension for a very long without making anything snap.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “We’re brothers alright” he spoke in a low voice, “I hide and you run [away, this way, seems like Shifu doesn’t need to care about our safety”] lol

"Every single sword cultivator is a psychopath." Apparently his reputation is no better than blade cultivators' ;)

Well, honestly, I wasn't even sure why they summoned all three. The crane was the clear best choice of the lot since the other two couldn't fly (I assume).

16. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    lets hope the crane is not another clone of the fairy

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "would you like to spend 10 Soul Points to learn it?" Didn't he only have 2 SP left? He had zero when he went to Reality, and I only remember him earning 2 points off of his single kill of a red zombie.

And here I thought he gave the MC that technique for peeping. That aside, I wonder why the MC doesn't see the value in the technique. It should be very useful for stealth operations, as well as concealing sudden increases in strength due to using SP to cultivate.

"of course he can’t just give everything away. After all, many demons still haven’t appeared yet at this point in time." Sure he can. He can just pretend he got the info from Shen Wu world.

That aside, I wonder why it took them so long to ask for this information. If they'd asked immediately, then it could have already been disseminated to the entire army.

18. shinikage

Reading List:
    Link
    just because he doesnt have the points for it doesnt mean the system cant ask him if he wants to learn it, every game system is the same is even worse whit the ones in real life

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are they deciding their own parties and hierarchies? This is the military isn't it? Since when was there any military that was so lax? Even village militias might not be so laid back.

"scouting-type beasts can’t go out in front." If a scout can't scout in front, then it's value is quite limited. Also, any scout has a chance of running into the enemy, not just the ones out front. If they can't handle it, then they have no value at all and are a complete waste of resources.

That poor monk. If only he'd been female, the author might not have killed him ;)

I have a feeling that beast tamer is going to die. Authors tend not to like letting cowards live.

20. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because this is an allied army, aka an army of mixed origins. You saw it clearly, no one got any sort of military training, they arrived, got settled into a group and told to sortie almost immediately. Village militias receive training to at least know how to follow orders, thus they have a hierachy, but these guys don't even have that.
    Basically, this "military" is an adventurer's guild where they gather, got ranked and put into different parties to go do missions.

It's ridiculous to call this a real army that's put together for the sake of mounting the last resistance for humanity agains the demons. But the state of this army isn't that uncommon, especially for armies in the middle ages where they conscript more people as they march across the lands

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    Westeller and jacobpaige like this.