LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No wonder they lost the war last time.

Westeller likes this.
  2. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last time one of the highest military leaders was a traitor that, prior to this reincarnation, GQ (apparently) had no idea about. Meaning he wasn't discovered and probably did a ridiculous amount of damage to the war effort.

3. moridin84

moridin84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would say that the Impartial Goddess certainly knows that the MC has knowledge of the future, and probably has several hypothesises about how he has that knowledge. There are plenty of reasons why she hasn't asked about it.

If the MC wanted to tell her he came from the future then he would have already. Since he doesn't want the tell her then there is no point in her asking him. He has, after all, no obligation to tell her anything at all. Plus, it isn't that important where he got the information, at least right now.

---------------
    By the way, am I the only one that's not that interested in the Wuxia chapters? I find the original world chapters a lot more interesting.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why none of the women got military merit for reporting the fall of the camp. I would think it would be worth at least 1 merit, especially when combined with the number of demons they had to have killed before the MC showed up.

"Zhang Fang manned up and talked with Liu Qing Yan for a bit, returning with a flushed face." Well, that was inconsiderate. She's hardly in any condition to be dealing with suitors.

5. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean, does failing to defend a military camp, escaped, then reporting that failure seem worth any merit to you?

well you say that, but don't people usually pick up chicks the same way IRL? Wait for the women's moment of weakness to get close to them, act caring and empathize with them, then form a relationship. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but since the girl was only hurt physically, having someone to help care for your wounds sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering what they were up against? Absolutely. Information of the camp's destruction is very valuable. Far more so than their lives really. Plus, there's still all the demons they killed. Those are worth merits regardless of the situation.

Her wounds were already cared for though? I thought he went over strictly to hit on her, not to actually help her in any way. Perhaps I just missed something.

7. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    They didn't exactly run to the nearest outpost and report the camp's fall. They were rescued. Makes sense to me that the merit goes to their rescuers and the ones to ultimately use the Decree arrow to pass on that vital information. ... and we don't really know how many demons the girls personally killed to begin with. Due to the badges tracking kills, they wouldn't get credit for the monk's. It doesn't seem like killing just a few would get you much in the way of merit.

8. WhiteRoar

WhiteRoar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone know the purpose of the soul cap if he can just bypass it??? It’s capped at 20 but he keep getting in the hundreds, why don’t the author just remove that?

9. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the rule is that if it's under demon is under 20 points, he can only earn up to a maximum of 20 points.

If he's at 0 points and kills two 10 point demons he'll be at 20 points. However, no matter how many 10 point demons he kills after that, he'll still be stuck at 20 points. Whether he kills a 100, 1000 or 10,000. So basically, any demon less than 20 points is worthless to him.

It means that he can't "grind" weak demons to get stronger. I imagine the cap and cost of skills will increase eventually.

Astaroth likes this.
  10. gpn159

gpn159 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he needed to kill demons of higher cultivation than him to bypass soul cap

Astaroth likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm assuming that they killed a ton before they were so badly injured that the monk had to sacrifice himself to protect them. I mean, they are top disciples of one of the major sects after all. There's no reason to think that they're weak or incapable of slaughtering demons. Also, I wasn't saying that they should get the merits instead of the MC's party, but in addition too.

12. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the way this system had been described, Merit isn't gotten so easily. Killing demons to gain ranks is limited for only players, while cultivators of the world had to make contributions( which we don't know what actually counts).

The fact that they weren't able to defend a camp and had to be rescued probably counter-acted any Merits they gained from reporting the fallen camp, which they didn't. They only told that to the MC, the MC's group is the one that directly reported it to the superior.

And I'd argue that reactively killing demons to defend themselves is part of their duty, something that they have to do regardless of the situation. Unlike the MC and his group who went out of their way to rescue the girls, which is why they got the Merit for doing it.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why no one else noticed him ranking up. I thought it was something they'd detect even if they didn't want to.

“Hah, but I would’ve preferred to survive as well” Then maybe you should have taken the antidote when it was offered and hoped for the best?

So, the formations aren't omnidirectional? That seems like a strange way to design them. Or, if they were, then why didn't the MC's personal formation turn up anything? He cast it without a plate, didn't he?

Honestly, I thought there'd be more to that last guy's death than that. Though, it does feel a bit hypocritical when the MC was doing such a bad job as a guard himself. If that snake had come while he was at a critical point in his breakthrough, or before he recovered from the second breakthrough, then he and everyone else in the camp might well have died. Breakthroughs aren't something you can stop just because you want to. Well, at least not in most cultivation stories. The cost of trying to is usually quite severe.

14. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The formations are omnidirectional, but the MC's own formation doesn't have enough range to let him notice what happens in the camp itself, nor is there really a reason for it to. He's trusting that the formations they had set up inside the camp would alert him if something is wrong, and that there's another guard on the other side that's ready to come call for help when necessary. Obviously that didn't happen.

Yeah but the point is that the other guy fled when he saw the snakes coming instead of running into the camp to notify the others and himself. There was no traces of spirit energy so it's safe to assume that the guy didn't even try to fight, meaning his reasoning of "being lured away" is absolute bullshit. The point of being the night guard is to not let the camp be attacked unprepared, not stop the attackers.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    When he suspects that there's a problem with the formations, it seems odd that he wouldn't guard from a position where the formations would overlap, precisely because one or more might fail.
    Yeah, that's why I only felt it was a bit hypocritical rather than extremely so. I'd still say that they both performed their duties in a willfully incompetent fashion. Though I'd agree that his relatively short periods of leaving the camp undefended on his side were certainly better than the other guy silently running away at the first sign of trouble.

16. Westeller

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh. He died on the spot, right after saying that. It probably was too late, and he knew it. Shame, I thought it was nice there was someone around that seemed to be able to pull their own weight. Y'know, other than the MC.

The cooldown on comprehending cultivation scriptures seems like nonsense. He can only do it by having killed enough for the requisite number of soul points in the first place, so the implication that it's holding out on him to make him kill more is redundant.

17. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't a coward but a traitor. I think he intentionally broke the formation and then let the demon through. I think his excuse was too casual for him simply being a coward.

The MC suspected him and just used that military rule as an excuse to kill him without having to convince anyone else that he was a traitor.

Astaroth likes this.
  18. shinikage

shinikage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that would explain the way he acted after checking his beasts bags

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How would they not know what sect he's from? There's not many people as famous as him, and they knew who he was well enough to identify that he was the one that killed their friend. It feels a bit forced for them to not know his sect, even more so when he refused to tell them.

Westeller likes this.
  20. moridin84

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah. I guess his beasts are traitors too?

You're assuming they even know his name.