LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Sue Xue Er be badass..:blobhero:

2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    I get it now! MC will pass the waifus soul points through kissing ability! :cookie: (maybe system also actively reserved points for contingencies, through the 10k cost).

lunarshadow, userunfriendly and tkato like this.
  3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    laura is gonna get adopted by GQS and Su Xue Er and shes gonna flaunt it to Anna that they "have" a kid together lol.

lunarshadow and userunfriendly like this.
  4. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    The three swords convo in the last line interpreted.

Sword 1(Earth): 'Lol, GQS thinks he would do smt if he was not pretending to be asleep'

Sword 2(Shannu): 'xD. Even that kiss was smt Xueér did first. Who knows how many yrs GQS would have taken to take that step. *Even though I want it as well*'

Sword 1(Earth): 'Maybe he is the type of guy who thinks hand holding is a lewd act'

Sword 3(Chao ying): 'Wuu Wuuu UwU OwO'

gauthamc, tkato, elengee and 2 others like this.
  5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

6. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would her feather be hidden in that berry? Wouldn't it be much easier to just seal it the way the kid did and then stick it in her pocket or whatever?

7. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i feel like the author doesnt want to have the mc do anything off screen so we get a lot of chapters like this. while there was definitely useful information these 2 chapters could have been probably been half a chapter. same with some of the recent Su Xue Er chapters. i wouldn't call them filler cause they do have useful info, but i think sometimes he overwrites the situations that just arent super important.

8. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm guessing for extra security. It's said in the chapter that Ilya is about as strong as Triste, so she would know what is and isn't redundant to do, whereas we might feel like putting it in her pocket seems much simpler. There's also no confirmation that it might have been her who put it in the berry, maybe the beasts found it lying somewhere already sealed and put it near the berry because it gave off a cold chill.

It's a trait of Chinese web novel writing in general i think. The author gets paid for each chapter he puts out, not how much progress he makes in his story, so milking details like this is a natural occurrence. I've seen other novels do worse with 2 whole chapters full of fluff and a single minor detail that fits in 1 sentence.

9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The reappearance of the VR game (Worlds Apocalypse Online: Kindling) really made me think about a post I made before:
    At least in recent chapters it has been confirmed that the VR game was made by or is at least related to the demons; that it's a tool for them to more easily take over worlds.

However, unlike what I sort of thought in the beginning, the War God UI system is seemingly unrelated to the system from the VR game (not sure if the system in the game on Earth was also called "kindling" or if there's multiple "worlds apocalypse online" though).

Or maybe the systems are related somehow, but at least they're not all made by/for the demons.

Speaking of systems, the system Su Xue Er has should neither be the War God UI or any Worlds Apocalypse Online system. I wonder how many systems there actually are...

10. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    my thoughts is there are tons of systems out there probably but their not all related to each other. even though their all the same thing in a way. hard to tell though cause we dont actually know anything about systems other then they seem to be somewhat sentient or at least GQS is judging by some of its responses.

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i wonder if maybe systems are a type of race, i mean we've already seen machine guns, roosters, and bikinis so systems being a race could be a thing. and while some fight against the demons others joined their side to get more powerful (by gaining mass numbers of players). that or they could be like the machines we saw during the hell arc and some higher being or beings created them and some are just now used for evil purposes.

jacobpaige and userunfriendly like this.
  12. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “I am a bit afraid of heights” Isn't she a bird?

"A very small chance" Ah, so its guaranteed then. The only time its possible for an MC to fail is when there's no chance of failure.

“Ever since I returned, I’ve understood that I can’t only live for myself” Coulda fooled me.

“I don’t know how to read” lol. Such blatant provocation XD

tkato likes this.
  13. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this was basically the opposite of a couple chapters ago when he said the good thing about being an orphan is less people care if you die even though hes got tons of people that care about him. thats also just not how you console a kid whos parents just got killed. imagine batman if detective gordon instead of giving bruce his jacket and consoling him just said "well at least hardly anyone will ever care about you enough to be sad when you die now." lol hes got a long way to go in terms of emotions and relationships but since hes about to adopt a kid with Su Xue Er im sure they'll teach him better.

jacobpaige likes this.
  14. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So are ostriches and kiwi birds, and it's been established that common sense doesn't apply in the 900 million World Layers so...

Exactly, that's why I find him so interesting, since perfect characters are boring to read. I'd be more shocked if he actually handled that situation well, since he's been shown to be the kind of person that's more rational than emotional.

jacobpaige likes this.
  15. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ya its definitely more interesting when mc's have room for improvement, whether thats internally or physically. but even with that for improvement the author still couldn't help himself from giving him all the waifu's lol. not that im complaining, a mc not interested in anything other than cultivating is usually boring but our mc has a super power for attracting women lol.

16. changen4125

changen4125 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holy shit, I finally understood the plot. The 'Old Gods' are looking for successors and the MC happens to catch the eye of the 'War God' at his last moment of life. Does our girl Su also have different god looking out for her?

17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he doesnt want to waste time saving them, but if he really thought about it it's the perfect time to make connections and have really talented young people owe you for saving their life. everyone that answered the call is somewhat strong and im sure lots come from strong and rich backgrounds. saving tons of them from becoming demonized would surely be good for him in the long run.

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    By punching holes on the side of the building, he’s basically playing Jenga...with a real building!

:facepalm:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

19. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as he said in the novel, those that are still stuck here after so much time couldn't possibly be that strong, and since these people are supposedly the scions of their respective worlds, it would also mean their worlds aren't that strong either.

20. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    true, but you never know when theres a diamond in the rough, after all hes also from a super weak world. sure maybe most of them arent worth it but there could be someone. but obviously his more pressing concern is Su Xue Er and the world apocalypse system at the moment.