LCD Worlds’ Apocalypse Online

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Aug 26, 2019.

1. akumetsu_F1

akumetsu_F1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw Anna is undisputed best girl.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have to wonder how he'll even find time to use his fancy tower at this rate, not to mention finding and merging the other samsara worlds.

tkato likes this.
  3. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like it was a good time for earth to become a super dimensional world, and at the same time seems like its a super dangerous time for the cultivation world lol. well im sure his shifu will figure something out

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “Bastard, he actually knows how to use a bow, everybody at once!” Wtf in the Stife Zones would pull out a weapon they couldn't use in a situation like that?

I'm betting that the tree or its kid is the owner of the blackmarket.

5. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The guys decided to attack him on the grounds that some sort of device told him GQS was weak, I think it's obvious that these guys are small-fries among small-fries that doesn't even judge a book by its cover but rather by its rating on NU.

tkato likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Then how did they even qualify to enter the Strife Zones in the first place?

7. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You get to enter the Strife Zones on basis of strength, not mental fortitude, by how they decided to attack GQS, it can be assumed that they are in fact stronger than he is, looking down on him and letting him strike first was how they lost, not because they were actually overpowered by him.

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering the complaints of those that chose to accept the Demon King Order, it should be extremely difficult for people who would make those kinds of mistakes to 1) not die, 2) be allowed to become that strong, 3) be given the opportunity to take the test to enter, or 4) live long enough within the SZ to become stronger than GQS.

9. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only thing those guys complained about were:
    1/ They had to work for stronger people for too long in order to become strong, and there are no other ways since resources belong in the hands of the strong.
    2/ The Strife Zones are too dangerous and they're likely to die in there.

Neither of which had anything to do with any of the points above. If they simply do manual labor for years on end and finally reach a point where they're strong enough to enter the Strife Zones, they'd be clear all 3 of the first points without problem since they technically are under employment of a powerful person. While we already have confirmation from Barry's example where you don't necessarily have to enter the Strife Zones as soon as you're strong enough to do so, it's possible that they are already stronger than him when they first came in.

We also don't know what kind of people would lady Darksea not allow entry into the Strife Zones besides being too weak, I assume she would also disqualify any demonized people who tries to sneak in, but even that wouldn't guarantee that they're not small-fries mentally. Just take Wang Cheng and the scavenger crew for example, they are in the Strife Zones, but they obviously weren't any better than these guys

10. gary0044187

gary0044187 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ugh, just got to 684 and man, wtf is with the escalation of this story? mc is finally stronger than he was when he reincarnated, but that means nothing as it still puts him well below his shifu who is well below the lord level combatants, and now we are being introduced to some jackoff new threat that is strong enough to rip the souls out of the lord level combatants? all those people dying like chumps, why? so the MC can grow stronger and save the rest? how many chapters is that going to take? I am already losing interest now because the author can't manage escalation.

11. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    uhh isnt that sort of how all cultivation novels go? reach the "highest" power level then discover theres a new realm, go there and realize that your idea of the highest power level is the lowest in that realm, and repeat. at least this novel mixes it up a little in terms of other characters being stronger like his shifu. i imagine though this is going to happen at least a few more times considering were at least 1000 chapters behind the raws and theres no way were anywhere near the top of the power level.

12. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, escalation is the nature of these stories but when escalation is out of control it's meaningless. this would be like the MC of one of those other stories at chapter 250 instead of appearing in the next realm and realizing his new heaven beyond heavens, he appears at the realm slated for his arrival at chapter 1000, except he hasn't gotten the power ups from chapter 250 through 1000. and when you say this is going to happen at least a few more times. when the escalation is already this far out of line now, how much further out of line will it be next time, or the time after it. all of this was already annoying when he had to deal with that guy 4 realms stronger than him when he went to that cultivation world with the floating sect islands. the trend is showing that the author will just continue to leap frog even more. he can defeat someone 4 realms higher than him? haha, now he's going to defeat someone 40 realms higher than him! next time 400!

escalation is going to be a thing in these stories, and that is fine IF you manage it well. however, if it doesn't get managed well, then the trope is seen through and the drama falls away.

13. la0o9

la0o9 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that part still remains to be seen doesn't it? It isn't the first time our MC was suddenly dropped in a situation way above his pay-grade and has to do something about it when the use of brute force isn't available.

Personally, this level of escalation is usually expected in an apocalypse-themed novel, because if a problem doesn't require the MC several hundreds of chapters and the help of at least one unknown external force to solve, it's not really considered an apocalypse, that's just the MC being a gary stu that happens to stumble upon the answer to a question no one else could solve.

It's a bit of a biased view since i'm the translator, but this current arc we're in is personally the most well done among all the arcs in the novel even up to the raws so far (1950 chapters)
    many things we thought to be unique to the MC will turn out to not be so, and even with the ridiculous cheats that he has, the enemies are still going to one-up him several times.

Honestly, if you expect an "enemy of the week" type novel where the power level around the MC goes up 1 step at a time, allowing him to catch up, you won't find it here.

14. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    It was mentioned that cultivation system's levels don't account for much at the top power stage. It was said there are specific abilities that can be strong in one situation and weak in the other.
    Mc also uses soul points and at this point can use more than one weapon so he is not a pure cultivator.

15. gary0044187

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah, like I said, issue is that it feels totally deflating to see dude take one step forward and the bar move 3-6 steps further away. not saying I don't like the story. I actually find it very good, but man, the escalation is a bit out there. you make a good point TL, the issue is that I was viewing this as a typical power up story, it's an apocalypse story, they don't have the same power curves.

16. The_Loner

The_Loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't he join the cultivation world together? and while he's at it combine it with the other world that is not just cultivation based to improve his worlds resources and the other professions?

Wasn't it mentioned that there are 9 billion world layers, and with an enemy that was so strong the old gods could only delay them using the worlds that they have created while they escape. Also, the enemy that GQS is facing is one of the enemies that the divinities found troublesome to face, not the old gods (Which I presume to be much stronger than this "Gods"). Relying on that fact I assume the final curve of the and power limit of the story is based around the ones controlling the DKO and the rest of the demons and GQS reaching the level of strength way stronger than the old gods to finally defeat the enemy and save everyone from being destroyed

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  17. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well he could, and i think we all assume he will at some point but who knows when. it really depends all on how long he stays in the strife zone and if he even returns to earth or the cultivation world when he finally leaves it

18. The_Loner

The_Loner Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heck, other people such as his shifu or the club members can do it instead of him and combine it with the super dimensional world! Why not them?

19. tkato

tkato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i actually originally typed in my response maybe he could get kitty and his shifu to meet up somehow and has one of them or maybe even the impartial goddess merge them but i dont actually know how he could do that unless he told his shifu where his world was or kitty he told kitty to go to the cultivation world and do that. im sure theres a way like maybe how lady darksea communicated with him but right now i cant think of a good way to get it to happen besides having previously told them to merge them together before he left

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he can learn any skills from touching the planet he's on. I kinda doubt it, but it would be interesting to try.

I was kinda expecting him to just form a team with his sword. Now, I'll be shocked if he doesn't form a team with the bumbling robbers.

The_Loner likes this.