Recommendations Worst Novel On This Site? (By Your Opinions)

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Evil_Ginger, Aug 3, 2016.

?

Worst?

1. Invisible Dragon

19 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. NTR

34 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Yaoi

23 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Smut in general

11 vote(s)
    11.1%
  5. Nine Heavenly Thunder Manual

7 vote(s)
    7.1%
  6. Dragon Martial Emperor

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  7. Shen Mu

3 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I admire your patience...I stopped after 20...still don't want to go back

I found MGA is bad but somehow I can't stop reading it since it's so absurd just like God Of Slaughter

oh and btw X-ray is amusing as hell

2. Jaded

Jaded Majoring in Erology

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol.

The question asked was which was the worst novel, but the vote options have 3 genres, two which are leading.

People over here far too sensitive to the word NTR. And homophobia seems to be a problem here as well.

makenai89 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    :coffee: worst? IDK most novel that I feel bad have dissapear from my reading list some titles(mostly CN) that still on my list just to for spending time or just stacking for throw it later~
    that sound like M~ enjoying that feeling~

4. Midnight2010

Midnight2010 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now tell me why would someone like to see their girl taken away?If I am to place myself in the mc's role then why would I wish for that?This is for novels solely.As for hentai,the NTR is so dumb that sometimes I can't even take it seriously.
    As for yaoi,I just don't bother with them.Though it's unsettling how some people here scream "yaoi is life".

5. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    There are people who keep screaming about their love for Yaoi? I'd say the opposite is more true, people talk about how they really dislike it.

Your question about ntr..... ask @anhrefn lol. I don't particularly enjoy ntr either. But to say that novels with ntr are the worst novels....is stupid. The novel Step Into the Past has ntr. Plenty of tragic stuff with the MC's harem that makes you feel like beating the author to death. But the worst novel? Nah. Plenty of novels that are way worse than it.... with flat characters, boring plot and a bad story line in general. Yet these novels would be considered better than Step Into the Past, simply cos they don't have NTR?

makenai89 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  6. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm,I think you take the word "worst" too literally.I don't think it's worst in the form of bad plot,flat characters or grammar but more along the lines of bad feels.It is worst because it gives us the worst feelings.If I see a novel with ntr on a heroine I adore,you bet it will take the worst place for me no matter how godly the plot or grammar may be.
    Of course,it must not have a mc which is wimpy,cringe-inducing and useless,otherwise with all the these manga and animes I've seen about these types of mc,I'll scream NTR 24/24 at any new guy which seems better than the mc.

7. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there's a NTR novel/manga where the MC is not a wimp????

8. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    What a paradox I've made then.

There could be in a Xianxia novel or cn novel for that aspect,since it deals with the whole power issue,but in the ones we read it is only an attempt,since I doubt we will enjoy ourselves with an actual one.

9. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yep yep that's the problem with people hating NTR...it's not like they don't like netorare since they probably love netori but they can't stand watching a wimpy useless MC that can't grow....on that wimpy useless MC thing..a good example for a good title with wimpy MC would be re:zero kara for me.

10. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
  11. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Lawful Neutral』『Cheese Master』『安德鲁』

Reading List:
    Link
    No, i meant for writing, style, character, and all that stuff. People's opinions do matter, but this is research.

12. Jaded

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye.
    Step Into the past.

13. cheval

cheval Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice!!! Thank you...and it's completed too.gotta read it later

14. rozenmaiden

rozenmaiden Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if you want to make a list of sh*t fest, i can make it for you
    Re: Monster (Straight wish fulfillment LN. WTF with this story? At first he doesn't like rape. After he become strong, he rape too. And Girls love him. The F*ck with them? And literally, all girls fall to him in matter of days. Character development? EAT SH*T this novel say.)
    God and Devil World (I don't know about you all, but i am disgusted by this novel. Women fall to him like fleas!! And in this novel, the women are like mindless moronic dumb creature that couldn't do anything! Char Development is almost none.)

Evil_Ginger likes this.
  15. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am to be expected to put myself in the mc's shoes,then ntr stays away.The thing with netori is that you never see or feel the relationship between the woman and the man.Plus that beside hentai,most of the time the girls are not really in love with the man they're stolen from.Most of the time it's an asshole and the girl hates him so we cheer for her to be saved.Anyway,I doubt that people would like netori if the mc stole the girl from loving couple about which we've been told a little.But that would only work trough mindbreak,force or other shit since the woman loves the guy.
    As for the wimp,most of them go in japanese section.With the manga,it doesn't even have to be ntr,if I have a heroine which I like very much and yet she receives so little screen time and afection,bye bye.With the anime,it's hopeless,gotta deal with it,sometimes they should get ntr attempt just so they can move a little in their relationship.
    Anyway,I won't care that much for a wimp getting ntred since I won't care about him at all,plus that he deserves it.The problem would be the less screen time even if she gets ntred by a nice and interesting guy.After all,the mc is the hero of the story.And I won't watch/read with that kind of mc.
    As for the re:zero,thanks god I didn't watch it.Sometimes I don't even understand how can they be so naive and dumb,especially since the story takes place in modern day and they have internet and all this.

About God and Devil World,I kinda like it.Though I've stopped at 100~ but it was nice besides all the sudden useless woman thing.If the woman wouldn't have becomes pets and w/o any shred of dignity,the novel would have been awesome,mostly because I found an mc which doesn't take shit from woman.No chivalry,no pointless white knight,no abuse from woman.Hell,the comment he gave when in the early 20-40~ to a girl who wanted him to protect her was gold.

"A pretty and petite girl name Zhang Xin frowned, and said to Yue: “Is it not a man’s duty to protect women? You are too petty, and do not act like a man. Haven’t you heard of the phrase, with great power comes great responsibility?” [Translator Note: LOL, spiderman quote. ]

Zhang Xin is an only child, is pretty, and pampered from childhood. She had more courage at this time as she was in a safe place.

Yue looked at Zhang Xin, lightly said: “Let me ask you, many refugees in Africa have nothing to eat, is that not sad?”

Zhang Xin blankly said: “It is sad!”

Yue looking at Zhang Xin continues to asked: “They are so poor, why don’t you sell your family’s assets and donates to them? In the past, if you just sell all your family’s possessions and donated it, you can save the lives of hundreds, or even thousands of African refugees. You have the ability to save them, but refused to help, then what is that call? You spent hundreds of dollars on a bottle of cosmetics, which can buy how many kilograms of rice, and save how many African refugees, so why do you not save them?”

“Let’s just talk about the countryside and not some place far away; there are still many people that can not read because of a lack of money for school. Since you are so noble, why don’t you donate half of your living expenses to help them? Perhaps your dinner can help pay for a student to learn to read.”

Zhang Xin was not mentally prepared, so she was speechless when asked a series of questions by Yue.

Yue lightly said: “After all, you are but a hypocrite. If you can not do it, what right do you have to force someone else to do it? I admit that I can not do that, I’m just an ordinary guy, and I’m not great enough to sell all that I have to save some stranger. Before this, you and I were just strangers. After saving you, what right do you have to demand that I protect you? You can find someone that will dedicate themselves to protect you guys, I’m sorry, that is not me.”
    It is not some deep shit but I liked it mostly because I was tired of all the times a woman did some stupid thing and yet no one reprimanded her.So in times like these,I like the mc a lot.But then it went downhill with all the woman who supposedly can't fight at all,which annoyed me.Can't fight against zombies,can't do anything against men.I know men have a bigger build and fighting power,but a knife can do wonders.

16. Fooljastic

Fooljastic Truly Foolish

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is there no "all of them" buttom...? Or martial arts included.... xD

Guess I will just say "yaoi" is the worst.

17. Midnight2010

Reading List:
    Link
    Heathen,how can you dislike martial arts?

18. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    someone made a thread about it before, it is not about what ppl dont like, you are wrong about it.

When I was a kid (4-7 year old?) I loved to watch teletubbies, power rangers and the like, today it almost makes me puke.

likewise, when I was beetween 14-21, I used to love anime like naruto, bleach, one piece etc.

When I found out about chinese novels, my interest in anime, manga dimmed and I use most of my time reading it.

my main language is not english, so I find it hard to think of some words. But you most likely got what I mean, ppl of different ages likes different things, with some exception.

TMW and MW are novels with "typical" plot (mc starts off weak, gets a luck change encounter and becomes stronger step by step, and there is a circle of developments where the mc fights and beat up ppl again and again, and the most hateful hateful thing is the author repeating something over and over again), these two novels, I obviously have all reason to not like it, but for some unknwoed reason (really, I have no ideia why!!) I just like it.

I wish you good luck when writing you novels. :)

I only read you initial post, so I got a little upset and wrote what I wrote (it is true though, no translator will like to know his "work" is the worst out there).

Evil_Ginger likes this.