LCD Wortenia Senki

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by runsing, May 20, 2017.

1. Silvertin

Silvertin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread makes no sense to me, just noticed the "no spoiler" bit and what OP said ... how the heck do you discuss events in the latest chapters without spoiling things that happen in the latest chapter? Just coming to the Latest chapter discussion should in itself be obvious it would have "spoilers" of current events transpiring in the novel ...
    You just know they are going to betray Ryouma! Those fools! All they have to do is uphold their promise to clear his name from when he was framed! You know, which only happened because he was dragged into their stupid civil war.

"He is too capable! Its scary! He does not have allegiance or loyalty to the Kingdom of Rozera, and because he is too capable he must be assassinated afterwards! Just in case he becomes our enemy" Idiots! Even from the beginning he is helping and has said he would only help so he could be cleared from being framed and stuck with such a serious crime.

I am somewhat exaggerating of course, but the fact that some knights and higher ups are even having such thoughts is just foreshadowing something stupid like that is going to happen.

Meanwhile Ryouma is basically and essentially the ONLY reason they were able to survive that civil war and come out on top, he literally has the most achievements in the whole thing. Several people even know its the princess they are supporting will be too incapable to keep things running smoothly after the civil war (or maybe that was just Ryouma and he did say he doesn't care what happens after they fulfill their side of the bargain and then they just amicably part ways.) They better not do that really stupid thing of betraying him over that simple baseless fear of theirs. Them even doing that stupid thing to prevent what they most do not want to see is what is going to make what they do not want to see happen!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  2. runsing

runsing status : bleeding, health -10/s Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    L,C,D. Is it really that hard to understand? [spoilers] as in from yet-to-be-translated chapters, at any read time. we have a dedicated section for that, this subforum section, and all thread tagged with LCD, are meant to discuss, speculate, or rant about current translated chapters, not spoiling events from future, raw chapters. you can, include spoilers, but it must be accompanied by a spoiler button. simple.

lcds.jpg

============================================

as far as cuurent chapter goes, i am a bit dissappointed with ryouma 'dueling' kyle, when all this time he was potrayed as a strategist.

Paps likes this.
  3. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not dissapointed in that because since the begining it was stated that he is a warrior not a simple strategist, but the way the author made that figth was well, disappointing even more with scene when kyle lost his arm, thing shouldn't have happened like that.

runsing likes this.
  4. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    @runsing It somewhat is actually, but do hear me out on why I say that. It is actually a pretty good reason. This is my first time even posting or even reading anything from this sub-forum. I read the latest (translated) chapter(v2c40) and my impression of LCD and especially based on the fact that clicking the little speech bubble on the NU series page goes straight to their respective series LCD thread would assume it means latest translated chapter, discussion on raws didn't really come to mind, but now that you mentioned it I guess that could somewhat also sort of classify as a latest chapter discussion. So basically, I came here only thinking it meant the translated chapters released.

That aside, basically how it played out was I clicked the little speech bubble, it took me to the latest chapter discussion of Wortenia Senki, which at that point I didn't even think of the difference of translated chapter and raws (raws didn't even come into the equation for me), but again, the link from the NU translated page just implies we would be talking about translated I guess. So I clicked that speech bubble, came here to basically speculate and rant (that is whats in the spoiler by the way) about the latest (translated) chapter discussion (v2c39 and v2c40 since they were released together). Which I now learned that I have to clarify specifically that since Latest chapter discussion could misconstrued, or otherwise perceived or interpreted as including raws, or about raws. Since what "Latest Chapter Discussion" means becomes somewhat muddled at that point.
    Now I will straightforwardly say, I didn't read the entire thread because the thread it somewhat old and I am not really here to talk about or read about chapters a few months ago. But the speech bubble link from the NU series page took me to page one, i skimmed page 2 to see if anyone was talking about more recent chapters ... to which no. I basically glanced a few posts, mostly just #1, and the dates.

After posting my speculations and rant (based from latest translated chapters, no influence from raws whatsoever). I noticed the "no spoilers please tag" (because my post started page 3 and so because of that, my post was directly under that tag) that tag confounded me in itself for exactly why I explained in my previous post in this thread (keep in mind, this is still from when I only had translated chapters in mind, the thought of raws had not yet come to mind). So I re-read post #1 no real content on that there, skimmed a bit of page 1, briefly saw post #20 agreed with what that said, but my perspective made me perceive it as meaning translated chapters. Saw your post #21 found myself more confused due to my interpretation that had yet to have raws enter the train of thought. Made a small edit explaining my confusion and put all my content in a spoiler in an attempt to abide by whatever confusing rule was going on.

I really hope I phrased all that correctly, I started getting confused with my back and forth phrasing between latest raw and latest translated chapters. Anyways, I just want to highlight a particular loophole of confusion here ... I went from clicking the speech bubble link on the NU series page to this thread, That red underline and arrow was completely bypassed, and I entered this thread (sub-forum as well) just under the impressions of everything being form translated chapters, but then understood how raws could come into play and how misinterpretation gets thrown into the mix, from what other people said now that I looked more closely.

*edit Also I just realized I haven't clearly clarified, that in post #41 of this thread every time I said latest chapter discussion, I meant latest translated chapter. What I thought I said and how it was perceived ended up two completely different things and explanation on what and why on that explained in the long post above.

5. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    the fight is not interesting at all, tbh. a far cry from someone whos supposed to be a well-versed in swordsmanship. and didn't it was stated that kyle can also use magic?

the tag was there as precaution, a warning, a pretext should any of the post (that was reported by readers who avoids spoilers) was edited and/or removed by mods.

a good, not-much-to-complain series usually gets less discussion compared to a series with a lot to rant for. not to mention, wortenia still isn't far enough into translation. we barely even get to know sara and laura.

6. Silvertin

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? it has been a little while since I read the previous chapters (more so with how long the war arc was being). But wasn't it explained that they were ex-nobles of a country (I think it said fallen country, but that might have been a different novel I was reading.) The people that they were hitching a ride from and being protected from had betrayed them due to greed and thus they were sold into slavery? As for why specifically they decide to wholeheartedly follow Ryouma I had forgotten, it was stated but i had forgotten what it was. Granted we don't know much about them before that incident of their kidnapping/enslavement. Ryouma did meet them soon after that happened ...

As for the fight, kyle was using reinforcement magic, as for other types of magic I do not think they really touched on that, but I may have overlooked it. As for Ryouma, I am also surprised he didn't completely trounce Kyle more, then again Kyle was apparently one of the top Knights in regard to combat.

7. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    what i meant by barely was that the twins, as they are now, are just a side characters. get mentioned just for the sake of mention when they could've play a lot more role (in current war). but again, it is probably because the story is still in early stage.

the fight could've been more exciting if ryouma were to use chakram + hand-to-hand. but being a japanese novel, they just couldn't let go of their obsession with katana, do they? and hotspring. >.>

Paps likes this.
  8. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that the author got to stuck in making a duel out of it, and the describing sequence of the figth wasn't so well done, I really didn't understood how he jumped, slashed trough a shield, cut skin, muscle, and bone without chipping the sword, and after the strike they just went back like a competition and standed to talk????

runsing likes this.
  9. Hasutsuki

Hasutsuki Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, Kyle fight is very bland, even for me.
    The development of the characters also lacking, especially the emotion and interaction between people.
    I read the manga, and the character there actually have more emotions and interactions.

The novel is focused more on decision making and politic.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    runsing likes this.
  10. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Really Queen Lupis has dissapointed me completely with this last chapter, why would she think that selecting Mikhail for a postition of generals deserve to be even an idea??? She is barely in the throne, imcapable of securing her position and stabilizing the country and decides to make that nucth of a blunder????

11. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    i hope elena keeps getting dissapointed, where eventually 'the knife is pointed towards her'. the mc will then be able to secure another great general in his sleeve

Paps likes this.
  12. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If Lupis screw it off enough for her government to put the kingdom at risk, and Ryoma seems as the most likable option to save it, she would run to him in a heartbeat.

runsing likes this.
  13. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    i jut hope the author wont turn ryoma into the typical jp mc where "although i hate her, the citizens are in distress, so i have to help, it is chivalrous thing to do", and get stabbed in the back for the second time bullshit.

Gum_Drops and Paps like this.
  14. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't believe there is room for that, she not only betrayed him but had the intention of disregarding him as a equal human. Thats what have him so badly mad at her.

15. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

where's my .5 chapter!!??? Stingy author.
    btw, he didn't bring back the maid with him?

16. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well at least we know for a fact that they are shitty nobles. So is confirmed Ryoma already did the did before the maids, those mafisto sister must be crawling the walls!!!!!

Arbalest likes this.
  17. Arbalest

Arbalest Arcane Knight Anti Mage Honeytrap Devourer

Reading List:
    Link
    Half baked princess and a lot of scheming nobles I got a feeling her way of rulling her kingdom will not change anything instead it will hasten the brink of ruin cuz she let that count live as well as that fake 2nd princess Nadine alive and that will cause a lot of problems in the future like rebellion economic sabotage and more. But the biggest reason of her downfall is when she decided the betrayal and confined ryoma on wortenia peninsula no one will gonna help her anymore and mc burning hatred will bite back at her later.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Gum_Drops, runsing and Paps like this.
  18. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The moment she decided to let live the Noble that iniciated the hole Civil War to save quite frankling one of her worse subordinates was her undoing, Ryoma already said that in 5 years time if she hasn't cememnted her status as queen, she won't be living long.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    runsing and Arbalest like this.
  19. runsing

Reading List:
    Link
    ryouma is waiting for the marfisto sisters's reports, unsuspecting, when actually, 'his reports' are the ones being 'waited' by the sisters.
    kukukuku, ryouma-kun...you're in biiiig trouble... :blobpopcorn:

Paps likes this.
  20. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    H either guets his ass whooped in there, or raped, either way he is not walking out of there!!!!hu hu hu hu :blobdevil::blobdevil: