Discussion Would you accept mpreg? [Scenario Fun]

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Moonpearl, May 16, 2019.

?

Who do you let bear the children?

1. You

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Your husband

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    [Disclaimer: No real-world politics allowed. That means no tantrums or snide comments about sexuality or gender. Take it elsewhere, because it has no relevance here.]

Another scenario thread~! This time taken from the first time I ever had to write mpreg. :blobmelt: Ah, the start of darkness...

If you're not familiar with these already, the "game" is to answer the question based on the information given. I've provided quite a lot this time because I think there are reasons why both kings are potentially a terrible idea to give a pregnancy to, and I wanted people to be able to judge based on what matters to them personally.
    I welcome explanations of your choice as replies to the thread~! You can also ask any questions you like about the scenario and its characters and world to help you make your decision.

I put a little bit of history under a spoiler because it seemed less relevant to me and I didn't want to scare people with a wall but do check it if you're super interested in factoring everything into your decision~!

General Information/Important Context that may guide your decision:
    This takes place in a fantasy world ruled by a single omnipotent goddess who actually physically appears and intervenes with people's lives. Most countries at this stage in history are very isolated and xenophobic, and so they've "developed" at different rates and in different directions.

You are the king of one of the world's most prosperous countries, it being a high-tech European feudalistic country. You're well known for your superior military. You are married to the king of a neighbouring country - much more stereotypically medievalist fantasy, although their culture focuses heavily on deceit and avoiding open conflict. They're heavily favoured and protected by the goddess because her lover is trapped within the blood of his descendants and will die if the royal family does.
    This marriage was arranged against the will of both of you - and against the will of your father - by the Supreme Goddess when you were 15 and he was 24. You were married the following year and, despite the unpleasant origins of your relationship, you have both grown to love each other dearly.

You took the throne when you were 16. Your father blamed you for your mother's death in childbirth and was always abusive towards you. He spent his life undermining your position as Crown Prince and plotting to put your step-sister on the throne. The only reason you are king now is because you are the last remaining member of the royal family: everyone else was slaughtered in an uprising by a widespread heathen cult while you were on your honeymoon.
    The first several years of your reign were spent fighting a bitter war against the traitors, aided by the resources of your husband. You were able to gain some respect fighting on the frontlines.
    You are now 26, and your position on the throne has only just gained acceptance. There are many in your country who remain loyal to your father and his conservative beliefs, and your marriage to a man and lack of dedication to tradition have caused a great deal of tension.

Your husband was forced to become king of his country when he was 13 and his incompetent father abdicated to let him clean up his messes and steep debts. He befriended a string of eccentric geniuses and hired them as his personal council, and together they succeeded in restoring their country to one of the wealthiest in the world. He's guaranteed to go down in history as a legend and fully deserves to.
    It comes at the cost of having to plot, lie, and murder to get by in the international scene. He relies on other rulers viewing him as a complete imbecile to scam and manipulate them.

Your love is strong and you currently take turns visiting each other every 2 months. Your husband supports you in all matters, lending you his council members whenever you face difficulties in your country and securing trade deals in your place when you lack confidence. Of course, it's not perfect.

Your husband is a workaholic and a mild alcoholic. He struggles to trust people to do things for him, preferring to at least work as a team, and as he doesn't trust you to be able to keep up with him and his council's lies, he rarely includes you as a team member in their plots. This means that he keeps major secrets from you. Although 11 years have past, he has a tendency to still think of you as a young and vulnerable boy that he has to protect. He tends to take on too many responsibilities and hide his true feelings from you, claiming it's only natural because "he's the senior".

You remain deeply insecure, prone to mental breakdown and thoughts of suicide. You are also a sex addict. You have had countless one-night-stands, most of which you were too careless to keep from public knowledge, and all of which your husband has had to clean up himself. Even you can clearly see that your infidelity has destroyed your husband, although he rarely speaks about it and always pretends to be strong.

The Current Predicament:
    When the goddess forced you to marry, there were many outcries against it from your countries, who pointed out that there would be no heirs to continue the royal families. Of course she dismissed you all very easily, saying that she'd obviously make you able to have some.
    But it's been ten years since you were married, and there hasn't been a peep from her about it. Your countries are tense; your own country's people are hostile towards you and likely about to start a second heathen revolt.
    Your councils have agreed to hold a meeting to summon the goddess and force her to comply. This meeting will also decide the more controversial issue of which of the kings should bear the children - because it doesn't take a genius to realise that her intention is to cause one of you to become capable of falling pregnant.
    Neither of you want to be that person.

Your council are pressuring you to bear the children. Most of your country is extremely religious and view your marriage as the divine will of the goddess. Your infidelity is therefore blasphemy.
    They want you to be the one to fall pregnant in order to show your commitment to your marriage and your obedience to the goddess.

Your husband's council will wholeheartedly back whatever he wants, and he is - as always - gritting his teeth and trying to shield you from the responsibility.
    He argues that his maturity as the senior will allow him to ride out pregnancy much more easily, and that pregnancy would only weaken your position as king, as you would be unable to train to maintain your strength and fight in the tourneys that your country prizes. He, on the other hand, is never expected to fight and his people are less likely to lose respect for him as a man and a king for falling pregnant.

Your council are determined, but your husband will certainly win the battle if you stay quiet and let him wear them down. If you speak now and say that you accept the responsibility of bearing the children, he'll have no choice but to back down.

What do you do?

2. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The whole situation is stupid because why not just unite the two country into one by joining the two monarchy bloodline to form one United Kingdom like what happen with Scotland and England that laid the foundation for Britain formation?

Lunaleska likes this.
  3. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    Your countries have a closer alliance than anyone in the world has ever had, but they don't want to become one. Your cultural values are too different, your technology would interfere with your husband's ability to control the populace, and there's really no neat way to force you under one banner due to your important histories.

That also wouldn't solve the current situation about who's going to get pregnant?

Scheherazade likes this.
  4. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does my husband have any relative?

5. 123abdi

123abdi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    both

Loni4ever and Moonpearl like this.
  6. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link

He's an only child but both his parents are still alive, and he has a few cousins. The blood of the goddess' lover is specially concentrated in the royal family that's born to take the throne, though, and his country prefers to keep them on it so that the goddess will be forced to help them all the time.

Scheherazade likes this.
  7. IceLight303

IceLight303 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what they are trying to do. They just need to know who should carry the child. I say the young one should carry the kid. Because one it will give him some responsibility and maybe earn the respect of the older king. Also if the younger king already is under pressure for not following the Godess's will then this might help calm peoples' anger. So I think the younger king should carry the kid. Also alcohol is really bad for the baby.

Loni4ever, Scheherazade and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is what I think :hmm:
    This scenario of yours needs the following:
    - Flat earhers believers to decide what is what (make them into some cult with some actual power and they want to reach the goddess or some reason :blobhero:)
    - Yanderes to make things more spicy and gory (they want both countries and sent spies to abduct both kings because they love them and don't want them together but they didn't decide how to share them amongst themselves yet or perhaps they don't want to share :blobcat_knife: but too soon to reveal their cards and thus, the truth a temporary truce :blobspearpeek:)
    - Lolis because they will make the story more cute (perhaps, make them pregnants to give the FBI a reason to follow this mpreg :blobpoliceangry: as well, sharing is caring no?)
    - Some psychopaths with evil intentions and who are secretly cultivators from another dimension who don't know why they are there but somehow were involved in the whole matter with the two kings.
    - Make the two kings become drag queens in the end when for some reason in a struggle of power, chaos filled the world and furries conquered the two kingdoms :blobcat_rawr:
    And thus everyone lived happily ever after :blobpeek:

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2019
  9. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    ... There is actually a yandere for the younger king who's a major villain. :blobshh:

Moy and Deleted member 155674 like this.
  10. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I make secret contact with the Goddess?

Moonpearl likes this.
  11. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    No. She'll absolutely sell you out - she's biased for the other king.

12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What if I say I can release her lover if she was to make deal with me?

13. Kirill

Kirill New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I could probably accept being the pregnant one then use that as an excuse to fk off this pain in the ass situation.. I'll just let my husband do all the work while I become a rice weevil _( : з」∠)_

AimieNam1003 and Moonpearl like this.
  14. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    You can't. It's a self-imposed prison to protect him from her yandere ways. Even she can't break the seal, and he'll definitely rather kill you than let you throw him to the wolf.

15. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, but I don't give a shit what he thinks, and so I say I will help free her lover from his prison, as there is no such thing as unbreakable, only one did not try hard enough.

16. Lunaleska

Lunaleska Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    First and formost, it doesnt make sense to have a long distance marriage. The two countries would have to unite and become one. Or one of the kings would have to hand over the thrown to someone else before marrying.
    Second, with the united countries the two kings would likely build a new castle neer the border of the previous countries. With this it would be easier to facilitate ruling both countries and it would put a stop to at least the sex crazed kings affairs due to being able to live together (and get some lovin every night).

As for who the people standing against the two mens wedding as unnatural. . .
    You previously mentioned the goddess as real and very much an active part of people’s lives. And since everyone is clamed to be devout, and it was the goddesses decision. . . I cant see anyone objecting to the marriage without being stoned to death (or similar) and claimed a heretic.
    As for the logistics or who carries the baby.
    Hmmm.
    On the one side, older king is right, he doesnt fight and he has a ‘fool’ persona so it wouldnt be an issue for him. However, he is older and that may or may not lead to more complications, however my main concern is that he’s an alcoholic. Thats not the best thing for someone who is pregnant.

So my final conclusion is that the young king carries the baby, but only after both kings move into one residence together. Even if it means living in one country for half a year then the other etc. They NEED to live together.
    Also, is there no option to allow both kings to get pregnant? Why is this goddess so stupid and fickle?

compass96 and Moonpearl like this.
  17. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmmmm... Well, that's a weird scenario for me because I can't really enter the character to make a decision... I can't imagine myself not wanting to get pregnant, probably because I'm sterile...

I chose myself becoming pregnant, but it's a mostly personal and almost completely unrelated to the scenario itself... >.>

Moonpearl likes this.
  18. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean? Do no work at all?

Ah, well... First, she won't believe you in the slightest. Second of all, even if you get as far as trying... You die. He's an extremely powerful sorcerer, he just oneshots you.

Also, your husband turns against you for putting him in danger.

What was the "contract" you wanted to make anyway?

It's not possible to merge these countries or for either king to abdicate, but it is perfectly possible to have a long-distance marriage. They've been doing it for eleven years.

Nobody's going to stone people to death for having old-fashioned beliefs. People aren't always going to own up to having them. Many cult members are undercover until the next revolt.

Also... Feel free to choose that here, it's just the poll that forces a black and white decision.
    But the goddess isn't stupid and fickle. She's a downright selfish, unhelpful bitch, and that's well-known.

That's fair~! You could also base it logically on who's the most dangerous to make pregnant.

AliceShiki and Scheherazade like this.
  19. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She does not need to believe in me the slightest because I will ask her to put a terrible curse on me that will kill me in six month if I fail to free her lover from his self-imprisonment, but in that six month nothing in the world can kill me in that six month because I will ask that my soul be kept in a phylactery kept safe by the Goddess. So if I was to ever cheat her in my deal she can kill me in a moment notice. This deal is like from a stupid mortal that don't know his place and just want to get rid of responsibility. So she will probably playfully accept it with a scorn smile on her face.

Moonpearl likes this.
  20. Moonpearl

Reading List:
    Link
    She won't do that. Don't count on her to do anything you want or anything helpful... She married you off in the first place because you're her "dear friend". This whole situation was her idea of doing you a favour. Also, she doesn't take that attitude towards mortals...

But I meant, what was the secret contract you wanted to make? In exchange for all this?