Discussion Would you kill an evil adult baby?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fakhruddins, Nov 16, 2019.

1. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So i was reading death mage doesn’t want a fourth life or whatever the title is and he acquired an ability called youth transformation. Its where you reverse a person’s age and he thought of defeating bandits by reversing their age till they died.

So it begs the question, if you could reverse someone’s age, if a person were ‘evil’ would you reverse their age till they’re a baby and if so, would you give them a second chance at life or would you literally erase their existence of this planet?

Edit : Seeing as there is alot of wonderful replies, let’s give an example. The age old question, would you kill a baby hitler? In this case, it would be a bit different. If you were there after WWII and before Hitler killed himself, would you with your powers wipe him off this world or turn him into a baby, educate him and give him a second chance? Same goes with let’s say a murderer of a family member or a serial killer or maybe even a rapist, knowing the deeds that they have done, would you try to give them a better education, and give them a second chance? Because if we think about it, its not about whether they would turn out to be the exact same version of themselves, rather, do they deserve a second chance? (Since you could manipulate age, you can kill them anytime you want and you basically have no risk of them repeating the same deeds they did)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you wanted to eliminate someone, there wouldn't need to rewind their age back to an infant. Rewinding them means there is a purpose that priorities over elimination, does it not?

Zomula, Sin and Jiggy like this.
  3. Innieminnie

Innieminnie Secret Parrot, Hidden Dodo

Reading List:
    Link
    Give them a second chance...would have to find someone to raise them though.

lychee likes this.
  4. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does making them young, erase their memories and thus return them to innocence... or does it create "wolves in sheeps clothing" ?

Innieminnie, Zomula and Sin like this.
  5. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    If I am an emotionally damaged person and hell bent on revenge (just like how the MC in death mage is) then I don't see why not, in fact that seems somewhat merciful as a method of killing :hmm:

6. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    If they were as malleable as a baby I would conduct many experiments and once they grow up just reverse their age again and start over. I reckon I will have a buddha or extreme psychopath in the end

Jiggy likes this.
  7. Si Kucing

Si Kucing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would rather turn them into an experiment.....

like for example give them a disease or wound as a grown up and reverse their age, would they get healed and if they had any scar what would happened with them? What about their memories? Would it remains? Their conscience? Would it revert or remain tainted by the banditry they did? Should their memories remains what effect would it had on their conscience(reverted or not)..... there are numerous questions that would arise and it would be a waste to kill them.....

Turn them into a child, completely wipe their memories and implant an idea that they're not human..... like they're a dog for example...... and then watch how it would affect their body as they grew up and compare the new data with the one take before....... implant the idea tha they're female, that they are a tree, an inanimate object like rocks and so on...... watching those various things affect the growth of a body would be more...... interesting and beneficial.....

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  8. Jiggy

Jiggy I am JiggyliFAP~ the not fat anymore guy.

Reading List:
    Link
    If they retain their memories then yes, I wanna make THE RANCH in another world.

9. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To those asking if this would cause them to lose their memories of being an adult, and their adult personality, the answer is yes. It doesn't even have to be an effect of the spell if you turn someone into an infant you are transforming a fully developed adult brain, into an undeveloped baby brain. The brain of a baby is less advanced than a dogs, they'd have to no way to retain any memories of adulthood, or evilness. In fact even if you reversed the spell and turned them back into an adult the damage would likely be permanent, you'd have an adult that was the equivalent of someone whose been in a coma from birth. They'd have never learned to speak, to reason, to interact to socialize, they would need constant care just to survive.

10. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With magic you never know... But if they lost their memories and with it the so called "evil"... I would see no reason to kill em...

But if they retained their "evil" in the baby form... I would be hesitant to expose potential parents to them...

11. Nara

Nara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe that human can change, but I'm sure that there's always someone born to be evil.

12. Falatharo

Falatharo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They may not lose their memories if you just reverse their age as the memories seem to be stored in the soul in Death Mage.

ongoingwhy likes this.
  13. hipployta

hipployta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Memories are in the soul.

Also I'm way behind but if he actually recovers ALL his memories in his souls that would this already messy situation explode in epic ways

14. Kuronairo

Kuronairo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda makes me remember "is killing angra manyu justice or evil" ? does something that isn't born yet have no sin ? even if it contains all evil in the world ? Anyway my answer to your question would be yes.

15. fakhruddins

fakhruddins Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It does defeat the purpose, true. However, say that you’re weak and you can’t kill someone without relying on this power. When it turns into a baby, would you be willing to kill it?

16. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But what is the "soul" ?

I seem to recall something in the bible about god taking dust and making a man out of it and throwing in some breath of life into the mix and, voila! Living Soul!

Does that not imply that "soul" is the meat machine?

17. lychee

lychee [- slightly morbid fruit -] ❀[ 恋爱? ]❀

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm definitely in the second chance faction.

I generally believe that nurture (environment) plays a bigger role on someone's final outcome than nature.

18. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If my only options are:
    1. Let him stay as he is and go free and possible cause more mayhem...
    2. De-age him until he is an innocent little baby... and then let him live...
    3. De-age him until he is an innocent little baby... and then kill the innocent baby...

I would pick number 2.

But why can't I just let him kill him self, or shoot him dead, or stab him dead, or club him dead, or... ?

19. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    If you've already taken the effort to turn him back into a baby, why would you still kill him? :blobwoah:

20. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aye, you're forming a contradiction here. You speak of murdering your enemy without any hope except for rewinding, but yourself also says now your enemy is but an infant, there are now thoughts of willingness to do the deed or not? Is this not indecisiveness, and are you not already determined to kill, when there is no other means than rewinding your enemy to death?