Question Would you or not ?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Tsuru55, Aug 14, 2019.

?

Have children ?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had this question after reading cultivation novels but didn't bother to ask before today.
    Today i saw the series "Immortal" in MTL comrademao website and there was 3 betrayals and 1 good one.

The question is: Would you have children in a cultivation world/isekai ? (does education change the individual or most of the souls in cultivation world bad from the beginning and you think nothing can change that?). Info: let's say this isekai got 3/4 of selfish/greedy/bad people and the remaining good people.
    PS: There is magical contraception

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  2. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    At first definitely contraceptives, but later on who knows. I’d like to have children even in another world. At least that’s what I would do.

gheist1234 likes this.
  3. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would, like most japanese characters, question the morals in the isekai world. But after some time I would accept that the morals from earth doesn't count here. After that I would sacrifce babies, mine included, to power up my cultivation.

zanari, gheist1234 and Gon_ like this.
  4. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Got 3/4 of selfish/greedy/bad people and the remaining good people huh :hmm:
    Alright, brace yourself whoever is reading this, because this going to be long
    The way I see it, I either going to be like those MC with revenge and such and be like
    [​IMG]
    Or be like those trying to make a country and live a peaceful life only including good people alas
    [​IMG]
    As for that children matter, whether in isekai or IRL
    [​IMG]
    Unless, somehow and for some reason I get tricked like this

Ichigoeater, gheist1234 and Nusan like this.
  5. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    No babies, just grab the first orphan kid that you find and give him a ring, he'll protect you for the rest of your life

6. Nusan

Nusan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i would have children but only after i settle down with someone(s) in country side and bad people? well i won't be "justice is on my side" as long as they don't attack me or my friends i will not go out my way to destroy them or if they are close to my house then i will kill them

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure. If i can afford a comfortable lifestyle for them. Why not have a few kids eh. Or if its a polygamy world, a few wives.
    I do not see the harm of removing those who have ill intent on you or those close to you. Even if they're blood related.

8. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    https://comrademao.com/novel/immortal/
    Very beginning. In this series, MC/adopter father asks his 8 sons to participate to a tournament. If they win and become recruited by the immortal sects, they would ask for a breakthrough pill for him.
    4 died. 3 were accepted 1 lost (or didn't participate i am not sure). Basically when the recruited people were saying good byes, his sons didn't bother with saying anything. MC got his spirit broken. Remaining son shouts, accusing them to being unfilial : "Who was taking care of you when you were young? Give you a wealth of money, who is the Adoptive Father, do you repay the Adoptive Father?"
    Try to attack a bad brother, the master of the bad guy stops and try to kill him. A cultivator monk saves him and proposes to recruit him (surely because he is a kind character/he just had a smirking attitude, the usual mysterious attitude of finding a good disciple) blabla MC got a pill and breakthrough and everyone go away but MC remembers the actions that he got from his 3 sons at the bottom of his heart. Also before MC bury the 4 sons he wonder if they would have acted like the bad sons or the good one.

So my question, don't you fear that your children will be bad ? despite the good education you will give them.

PS: It would be nice if i found someone to spoil me when MC will retaliate against his 3 unfilial sons.

9. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Would be lyin if i say i don't worry. But you know, i know that i gave them the same education that i received, instill the same value that my parents gave me when i was a kid.
    Quoting kevin hart with slight change "i love them the best that i could. What i could do i did, what i didn't do i tried" and if they still turn into rotten apple then "you know what, fck it". They're not kids anynore that i could punish them when they are being bad. No other way than to accept you got shitty kids and hope that they get elightened one day.

10. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    Betrayals by children? Well it would depend if the cultivation world is normal and reasonable, not like what those brainless authors write with arrogant young masters all over the place and pointless generic conversations. I would have to restart that whole multiverse by killing and burning everything, and then making new species that would have brains and common sense.

11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Or you could fail because the souls are the same and they are still rotten apples. That is the problem that i think would happen.

12. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would their souls be rotten. Are we talking about reincarnation, the worse you do in life the worse your start in the next?
    Anyway I would rewrite the laws of the universe to not be retarded, everyone who would get raised well would likely end up a half decent person.
    I would just raise them the best I could and worry about them getting killed. It should be easy to spot greed envy and lust in children, especially with empathic/mind tehniques, and then correct it or cripple their cultivation and keep them nearby to live out their lives in some comfort.

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Reincarnation. But the souls are what makes a human a good person or not (and a little because of education) = evil or good souls.
    But yeah maybe that would works if you become a god and modify every souls or the system.

14. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah true that using mind techniques/telepathy could be the way to solve the problems. GJ Jojo that was really smart. But too bad that series doesn't use them.

15. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah well I'm talking about xianxia and CN novels in general. Not that anyone of them thinks to check their subordinates and children with such spells or something. But most of the problems would be solved if characters actually had personalites and were smarter than a sack of bricks, it's the fault of amateurish authors that can't bring life into their characters so they aren't acting like humans. They're acting like some twisted dumbed down knock offs of knock offs cut of from the same cardboard.

16. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have a kid, but I would adopt.

17. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I think adopted kids are more likely to turn bad because no blood link or maybe the reverse because they really like you for adopting them.

18. 25th bamm

25th bamm A Self-proclaimed Normal Reader and Tea lover

Reading List:
    Link
    haha so it'll either turn out bad or good not much of an in-between in the way of novels.

19. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol the poll got 10 votes for each.

20. AcasualPawn__

AcasualPawn__ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    IIRC they hate him for a reason. Also later they plotted against him. But in the end the reason why they disliked him was solved and they were together in the end. I don't remember accurately i read it a long while ago. And maybe I'm mixing it with EVERLASTING IMMORTAL FIRMAMENT (from same author). Immortal and EIF is somewhat similar so, maybe I'm wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.