Would you refuse Xianxias if someone described it?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Azusky, Mar 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. podlizurko

podlizurko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have no friends , so i guess i just read all day and wail in my misery.

2. Iiploplo

Iiploplo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I let my friend read some of the lines from LLS
    He got interested in LN

3. Dragn555

Dragn555 Writer of Unnecessary Essays

Reading List:
    Link
    Xianxias are like if DBZ had established, deeper levels of power and a darker, more complicated story. Often times the main character dies only to reincarnate and seek to better themselves through harsh training and adventures. During these adventures, the main character often obtains legacies through action packed trials, fights against clans who nobody else dares to provoke, and literally make the heavens themselves want to get rid of them. The stories are quite long as well, so the variety of the stories are fantastic.

If you enjoy powerful protagonists and crazy conflicts then you'll like xianxias.

That's roughly how I'd describe xianxias if I was trying to sell them.

4. Titan23

Titan23 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get what you are saying. Ive been trying to explain some of the stories I've been reading to my SO. She said "yeah, those are cool stories but why do the MCs ALWAYS have to be reincarnatied?". For some reason she hates just THAT aspect of the stories. Just keep trying. There is bound to be something he'll like. I got her reading tensei shitara slime datta ken. So anything is possible.

5. iampsyx

iampsyx Have some rest, and let's do better tomorrow

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a problem with telling people, or more specifically, my little sister ('cause she's the only one with the slightest chance of reading them), the latest stories I've read. I always get too passionate, and start rambling off, and in the end she gets confused and annoyed. (She also has the same problem btw) Somehow I've realized that listening to someone narrate their impressions and mix up plot points doesn't make me interested in reading the story...even if I would've liked that story if I discovered them myself. Or maybe it's just my arrogant assumption that my little sister would never be able to give good recommendations...

6. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have no problem if someone described xianxai as someone overcoming hardship, defy heavens will, and seeking the path immortal. the thing is if you talk about the plot of these novels and what the MC does and their outlook on life, by no means I would avoid this genre.

7. BlueBrute

BlueBrute Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No, I wouldn't. But, I had watched The Hobbit and Avengers, played LOL and listened to post-rock because was asked as a favor, so I could read if they really need someone to talk to.

8. A5G_Reaper

A5G_Reaper [DCLXVI, sohyee, and iampsyx's cute imouto]

Reading List:
    Link
    It depends on who's doing the describing, really.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.