Feature Request wouldn't it be great

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Amaruna Myu, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    just a casual thought as I see many people dislike poorly translated novels.

wouldn't it be great if NU had a feature where you would be able to see the way of translation by a particular group(mtl/tl) as well as let people rate the fluency of the novel so that picky readers would just not read it and we'll be free of threads scolding poor translation sites?blobmelt_thumbs

I wanted to make another thread but I didnt remember what I wanted to make as the topic~:blob_pout:

Devil of Boredom and Arash1 like this.
  2. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link
    I see~
    if their translation quality gets better, wouldn't their ratings also increase?

just like the current review system, wouldn't it work if people could give their own opinions while rating?

3. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    hm...from my 200+ novels read, i've never encountered badly translated novel...there are badly written, but that's from the author

i think i'm a bit tolerant about translation, since it IS from another language. it is okay as long as i understand it LOLOLOLOL orz...

there will be some idioms, words, or sentences that are only make sense in original language. OH, it'll be better if some translator give notes about these things, since there are some words translated into weird sentences. i feel like reading Shakespears' script, make me a bit dizzy LOLOLOLOL

4. Amaruna Myu

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you have never read novels translated by translators using mtl

5. susanty.smile

susanty.smile [Insomniac]

Reading List:
    Link
    i guess ???
    some of the translator sometimes note, 'this is unedited translation' but i don't know if it was pure MTL
    i once try google generated translation on one of the raw novel that i read, it was a bit uncomfortable in reading but i still understand the story...but it was just 1 novel tho...and it was also modern setting...so easy translate...