Wouldn't recommend Asianhobbyist

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by DarkLegions, Jun 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    So someone from on here send me their complaints in private. That was a surprise although it was all insults.
    I am surprised how tame it is, did people on NU go on a pilgrimage to find their humanity?
    I expected much worse.. I am a bit disappointed but I will address the main concerns

1. Splitting Chapters Into Parts:Everyone does it, at least with Josei novels. I guess you don't read Josei novels. You are not a man of culture tsk tsk
    2. Scamming People By Using Chapter Parts: Dude what are you smoking? All my ex girlfriends who dumped me dumped me because I was too honest and blunt. Even if I am committing a crime, I will be honest about it. Although answer to No.1 makes this a none starter.
    3. King of the Battlefield Was Marked As Completed Because of Chapter Parts: This I agree with. It is all @Tony 's fault. Anyone and their dog can make edit on NovelUpdates, if only it requires a 500 word essay in Korean, Japanese and Chines before one is allowed to make an edit. This won't happen.
    I am going to regret this.. yeah right
    Disclaimer: This post of mine is a trap.
    Respond to me and I will block(ignore) you, mention me on this thread and I will block you. Except for @asriu that dude is special.
    Why respond to this thread when I can instead spend the time ogling Song Hye Kyo and Kim Tae Hee?
    [​IMG]
    upload_2020-6-11_21-54-3.jpeg

Over and out.
    Let's have a moment of silence for all the people who will join my ignore/ block list..
    [​IMG]

P.S. I think there is a misunderstanding, the goal of my website is to pay translators and possibly authors in the future. Readers are secondary

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. yamibae

yamibae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would probably help if people actually clicked on the ads then translators wouldn't need to have so many ads on their site. But most people run adblockers on the site and the ones that don't are few and far in between on desktop, your only real hope after that is to just hope for people clicking on ads on mobile where it's harder to block either accidentally or because they want to support the translator. Chapters take like half an hour to vomit out for a normal CN and then you need to edit it yourself on top of it just for probably a few cents in ad revenue pretty shit job tbh.

There are some pretty nice donors and people that just click on the ads after they read too though, much love to you guys.

Gitami likes this.
  3. Nimroth

Nimroth Someone

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't trust ads in general, no matter which site it is, ever since the ads on wuxiaworld caused repeated memory leaks on my computer years ago.
    I avoid asianhobbyist in general for other reasons though.

Nightow1 and Mentalperson like this.
  4. Amburger

Amburger Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've certainly considered it, but ended up just deciding it would be best to just work on my own project rather than stepping on any toes around here. Might still go for it if I start to miss some of the series that have been taken by AH.

Mentalperson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.