Write some Otome isekai plots using dream and vision from modern alternate selves only

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Hernd234232, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Hernd234232

Hernd234232 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternate extended title : Let's write some Otome isekai plots that use receiving dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world instead of transmigration/reincarnation trope

Hey everyone, I am just going to talk to you about the trope in the otome isekai and that we are going to come up with short stories that are opposite to that trope.

And that trope is the transmigration/reincarnation trope, this trope is usually used at the start of every otome isekai stories (and even isekai ones) where a girl from a modern world gets killed off and end up reincarnated or transmigrated to a fantasy person (or a minor character from her favorite novel/game) and like the usual otome isekai stories she is trying to make her life great, trying to avoid her worse fate and even hang out and later marry the male lead (which are mostly cold personality types) .

This trope is used mostly in otome isekai stories (and even isekai ones) because some claimed it as the code to the otome isekai genre and is considered the biggest in the otome isekai genre and most people like it , but the truth is I think its boring and repetitive for various reasons,

Every otome isekai stories always have the protagonists die at the beginning of the story before reincarnated as different person in the fantasy world , they didn't miss their original life and loved ones back in their world throughout the whole story .

Until when I read "This isekai maid is forming a union" where the protagonists receive the knowledge from her alternate self from our modern world , that's when I decided that some otome isekai stories should use this trope instead of the reincarnation/transmigration tropes which is repeated in every otome isekai stories

Which is why I am making a thread , where people will write short summaries of their otome isekai stories but only use the dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world instead of the transmigration/reincarnation trope.

I will start with mine as an example, which is a satire of bad otome isekai novels,

"The story begins with the protagonist's a maid who works for the noble family, she hangs around with her fellow commoners and just doing her job even though she gets frustrated by the habits of the noble people including the male leads like the cold duke of the north who is a jerk.

However, sometimes the maid feels tired when she wakes up because she always have recurring dreams involving her alternate counterpart from our world (who is alive and not dead) like her day job as café waiter, hanging out with her friends and read webcomics and web novels from her smartphone and it was set it in real time in both the fantasy world and real world at the same time (like the time zones in our world)

But one day, when the maid had the dream of her alternate counterpart reading an otome isekai novel from her smartphone, that’s when she realize the setting of the novel her alternate counterpart read is the world she lives in as it focus on a modern girl who ends up reincarnated as her fictional character, trying to change her fate and be attracted to the male lead.

And that woman the modern woman possess is actually one of the noble people she served and on the exact day when the modern woman transmigrate or reincarnates as one of the noble people, the maid then asks what her modern life was like, why did she transmigrate as the lady she served, why she died in her world and a lot more.

This is when the otome isekai protagonist now has an existential crisis as she realizes the world she is now living is her own series not the one she read, and her life felt like a lie especially that the story in the protagonist's world begins to take a divergence turn instead of the one her alternate counterpart read ."

The rest of the story satirize the bad otome isekai novel stories and its tropes."

Now it's your turn, write a short summary of your otome isekai story but use receiving dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world only instead of the transmigration/reincarnation trope

And I will give you different bases so you guys can come up with your otome isekai story

For normal otome isekai story

• Write your usual otome isekai story, but use receiving dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world instead of transmigration/reincarnation trope.
    For a story that satirize or deconstructs otome isekai story like this isekai maid is forming a union.

• Have the protagonist a commoner who works for the noble or royal family like a chef, a Gardner, or maid.

• Make her receive dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world instead of transmigration/reincarnation trope.

• Have her satirize,criticize and deconstruct against the tropes of bad otome isekai novels

• Have her be friends with fellow commoners, but have her hang out and later fall in love with one of her friends that will later make them a romantic couple.

• Maybe focus less on romance and balance with drama and comedy (optional)

• Have her stand up against the corrupter Royal/noble family with a help of a honest noble (who is not the female otome isekai protagonist) including the male lead of the otome isekai novel who is actually a jerk but will get his just deserts in the end

• Have the OGFL a regular otome isekai protagonist become the ally of the female protagonist so that she can find a way to return to her world and be herself again.

• At the epilogue, the female protagonist lived a good life with her friends especially that she is married to a fellow commoner and when she is now a old lady tells her story to her alternate counterpart in her dreams and give her some advice and stuff like a recipe for a meal she is making (if her alternate counterpart is a chef for a diner) or hang out with a person who is the alternate version of her spouse from her fantasy world.
    So write down the short summary of your otome isekai story but with receiving dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world instead of transmigration/reincarnation trope in this thread , give it a try.

2. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    Fake Saint of the Year did a really good job with that alternate self idea.
    Falling for the Enemy did a shoddy job with it.

3. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Um my apologies but when I said alternate selves from the modern world, I mean alternate selves from the modern world as in people from our world.Your examples are alternate selves from another fantasy world.

4. Miku

Miku

Reading List:
    Link
    well... is chatGPT cheating?

5. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Doing chatGpt which is AI writing is okay, but it will prove to be controversial like with the AI art in deviantart, so i suggest you use traditional writing instead with your mind

6. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Hernd... are you trying to get someone to write your story concept for you again?

7. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's one thing but also the most important thing and the reason for this thread is that , I need to convince everyone who wants to write an otome isekai story to use the receiving dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world instead of transmigration/reincarnation trope because the transmigration/reincarnation tropes has been repeated in every otome isekai story and I think a change must be needed.

So that I hope that if they write a plot summary for their otome isekai/rofan story they will use the receiving dreams and visions from alternate selves from the modern world isntead of the transmigration/reincarnation one.

8. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    If you had bothered spending a hundredth of the time I spent reading your post on looking up the two titles I mentioned, you would have known Fake Saint of the Year is from the modern world.

Insisting that it has to be an alternate self in a modern world is also a very shitty qualifier. It adds nothing and actually detracts from the options for the story. There are plenty of stories that have used much more interesting mechanisms to dole out info. Very cliche.

Unless you mean something like Maydare or Bokura no Kiseki where the past life knew another character personally. But that doesn't sound like what you're talking about.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
  9. Hernd234232

Reading List:
    Link

Well, the reason I thought that receiving visions and dreams from an alternate self from the modern world should be used instead of reincarnation/ transmigration trope is because that trope has been repeated in every otome isekai stories (even isekai) that the genre also repeated the same tropes in every story.

Especially that it's ridiculous to have a person who died in the real world reincarnate in a fantasy world as a different person when she has the memories from her past life back from the real world and that she used to has loved ones back in the real world.

So I decided that reincarnation/ transmigration trope should be used in 2 types of otome isekai stories

A regular otome isekai but with less cliche tropes with a good plot and some which are opposite to the regular otome isekai tropes

Another which might or might not be otome isekai story because inspired from this isekai maid is forming a union , it should focus on a commoner who works as a servant or maid to a noble family in fantasy world when she gain visions/ dreams at night from her alternate counterpart from our world that the world she lived is the setting of an otome isekai novel involving a modern girl who reincarnate as a different side character of a novel she read from her previous life and make her life better while some terrible thing will happen to the commoner protagonist along with her friends involving a disaster .

So the commoner protagonist decides to change the fate of the story, by revealing to the otome isekai female protagonist that she knows about her original identity and her past life, help her find a way to get back to her world, stand up against the tyrant male lead and reveal his true face to everyone what a jerk he really is and make an honest noble to be the king or something to make it a constitutional monarchy as this story is a satire/deconstruction of bad otome isekai novels and its repeated clichés.

Also the commoner will hang out with her commoner friends some noble friends and maybe have a romantic relationship with a fellow middle class commoner.

Which is why I think the receiving visions/dreams from their alternate selves from our world instead of reincarnation/transmigration trope which is in every otome isekai stories along with the repeated tropes/cliches in every otome isekai story and maybe you can write an example story that uses the receive dreams/visions part from our alternate selves from the modern world but use it for a satire/deconstruction on bad otome isekai stories that repeated the cliches/tropes.