Writing Game: Who's line is it anyway, but micro written scenes

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by Vanidor, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a creative game, anyone can create a scene fragment or throw out a suggestion. The idea is similar to the skits in Who's line is it anyway but a solo improve.

The idea is for non-writers to write something tiny, and for writers to write something in a genre or style they wouldn't normally. And for any involved to maybe stretch themselves a bit. There's no need for character development or backstory. You could write it similar to a webnovel, or Yuusha Gojo Kumiai Kouryuugata Keijiban, or a western novel, etc.

If you have 'the best idea ever' for a novel or something, don't post that, write it out in full yourself.

Rules:
    1) Any scene should be less than roughly a written page and can be pictured as opening a real story and reading a random page. It isn't flash fiction, just an imaginary snippet from something bigger
    2) Any suggestions should be fair short(1 line) and a bit vague to leave it open to imagination (ex. "Tsundere in the old west", "An alien cooking show", "An elf who likes grannies but all the short lived races have died out").
    3) Either quote the suggestion, or tag the person whose suggestion you are using.
    4) Don't break forum rules on explicitness, real life politics, etc.
    5) Can be a fan fiction, but please name it for those not 100% familiar
    6) It isn't meant to be a build on the previous story, more of alternate takes of an idea.

I'll give an example:
    "So, the third step in this is making sure you pick the right spice ingredients that evaporates at a temperature compatible with the boiling temperature of the whatever liquid is used on the planet," said the bubbly voice as it narrated over a space shot of Earth.

"We provide software for your cooking planetoid on our site on how to maximize convection of ingredients as you boil off the oceans. If you don't use it you risk having a few million of your avatars eat natives who are cooked too spicy and millions of others have no spice on their food"

"It provides locates transport locations for spices, helps plan firing plans for your main weapons to make sure you sterilize all the food, and even can modify the firing plan if the weather distribution starts to fall out of predictions."

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  2. Olives

Olives [Former] Professional Basement Dweller

Reading List:
    Link
    I s'pose I'll start.

"Good evening, Andromeda galaxy, it's your host *series of incoherent clicks and the sound of a raspberry being blown* it is currently 5:30 PM Earth time, and you know what that means! Let's ask my wonderful co-host, the beautiful earthling Amy!~"

I leave this to you nuffians.
    I also leave "Condiments civil war." and end my turn.

Vanidor likes this.
  3. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    *Amy's many and varyingly sized arms twist and pulse myriad colours as subtitles display on a connected screen*
    'Yes, it's wonderful to be here tonight, John. I'm looking forward to seeing what the contestants put forward.'

Vanidor likes this.
  4. Alundric

Alundric Member of Gentleman Alliance

Reading List:
    Link
    >>drrriiiingg..... drriiinnngg<<
    *call gets picked up by Amy*
    "Yes our first contrator coming in. May i know your name? "
    'mushi... mushi... mushiii... musssshhii'
    "Yes, it's master slime from alternate dimension which his/her screens are in play on tv series on earth at the moment "
    'musshhii. .. muss... mussshhh. .. muu'
    "Okay sire, so you're asking oon how to get the recipe from the contestant?. .. Errr, we will send you the info after the show? ... You'll contact again isn't? "
    'mmmuusssshh... usssshhi'

Vanidor likes this.
  5. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    937 AD was the year it began, the beginning of the end for the Kingdom of Aksum. Fanatical Curry worshippers had been consolidating their bases of power on the east coast while inland the Salt Purists had gained firm control over several army commanders and local governors. Emperor Dil Na'od was increasingly isolated from real news of his kingdom as his Curry supporting ministers blocked the news of purges in the southern cities.

Each massacre led to retaliations which led to new purges in the army and civil service. Pure Pepperists were jointly purged in one bloody night since that was one thing both factions could agree on. Both main factions sent their people into the night and bloody knives danced, killing entire families and burning their stocks of Pepper. The clouds and smell of roasting peppered human flesh covered entire provinces.

6. Bitter Sweet

Bitter Sweet 『Gomi Delivery Service』

Reading List:
    Link
    A stout figure meanders through lonely halls.