Writing prompt to do

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by Wiger98, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    I have 3 writing prompts to choose from and I don't know which one to do should I work on them each a little bit of focus and fully flush out one story?
    first vr setting with the attempt that irl happening matter just as much as virtual(no freaking sao syndrome)
    second chance encounter where mc is left with no idea or how to contact lady at this point
    third shitty dream showcasing bad mentality of mc and world building from there.
    PS may have posted in wrong area sorry mods

Silver Snake likes this.
  2. Joseph08

Joseph08 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should have a thorough understanding about all of these. Only then you can figure out which one you can work on at your best.

3. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    Go with the one you connect to (sparks your interest) the most. That is the only way to write something with heart.

Sabruness likes this.
  4. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft. Just combine all three. If it hards to choose from them, just put them all together.

A novel about a mentally disabled MC which is a sociopath and decides to bring his evilness on the new vr game where he is the most toxic player there but encounters the heroine which had made the MC today. A rom-com, vr game, mentally disabled MC on a weird fixation to watermelons(*cough* cut the last part).

GDLiZy likes this.
  5. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand your problem.

For nanowrimo I was torn between writing
    1) Starship Supermarket
    - Story about a supermarket that was wrenched from Earth and turned into a spaceship by unseen alien hands, thrust into the center of galactic conflict in order to be the mediator for the quarreling aliens so that they can confront the bigger threat.
    2) Claw of the Guardian
    - Story about a bunch of humans (about a million people) who fell through a wormhole into another planet in another galaxy. As the wormhole is one way, the aliens have no idea how to return them. And then the bugs appeared, and the humans stole a warship in the confusion, becoming a new power in that region of space, at least until they find the way home.
    3) The Hounds of Hell
    - Story about a private high school that was ripped off the land they stood on and thrown into another world where the only creature left was a race of ravenous dog-bears or bear-dogs whose only purpose was to consume. And they were sent there by a god of that world to feed his little pets, the dog-bears, or bear-dogs because there was nothing left for them to eat other than each other. And so started the battle for survival for the high school students who just a day ago was playing computer games on going on dates.

At first I thought about writing Claw of the Guardian, because I was motivated about that story. However, the amount of preparation I had to make to write it slowed me down and I lost motivation 2 days before nanowrimo. So I stopped this story, perhaps another day.

Then Starship Supermarket was conceived, because it's a story I've always wanted to write. However, just like CofG, the amount of preparation I had to make slowed the progress considerably. So I stopped.

Then The Hounds of Hell. Frankly, this story has always been on Ai-chan's back burner. You see, this story does not fit the genre of the site Ai-chan regularly posts on, Ai-chan can't write fast enough to compete on royalroad, and people on NU don't normally read/comment on stuff posted here. But the storyline was written as far as a quarter of the book (it's a very long story) and Ai-chan still have some passion about the story, so Ai-chan chose this for nanowrimo.

Silver Snake and Wiger98 like this.
  6. Wiger98

Wiger98 Custom title

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks ai chan for sharing your story kinda helps in my decision making.

7. Silver Snake

Silver Snake Magician of NUF|Show-off|Awkward|Genius

Reading List:
    Link
    These aren't really writing prompts. They're more like early concepts. Could use more information, a first chapter, or how about a synopsis?