Discussion Wrong perspective in "I was reincarnated in the world of a game/novel/etc"

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jgfenix, Sep 11, 2019.

1. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    No I do not know that movie, but I think Oyasumi pun pun is a good manga where things go wrong/MC chooses stupid choices that you get frustrated seeing but understands because It’s relatable.

Return likes this.
  2. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    i stopped at chapter 100 as i couldn't go any longer than that as the story is just down right realistic i agree oyasumi punpun was great but it just hurts to read it idk why though

3. MasterCuddler

MasterCuddler Handsome Chicken

Reading List:
    Link
    Understandable, Chi wo wadaru is also pretty good

4. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, he was even kind enough to give three curses with major loopholes. What a nice god. :blobsmirk:

5. Return

Return Ṩ͢͢͢aℽonara

Reading List:
    Link
    in the end of day van destroyed the balance of origin and the other world by intervening which ended up with a disaster to everyone if you ask me about the novel it reached rock bottom to me after that it doesn't make sense anymore

6. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I recently read one of those types of novels, where the MC gets transmigrated into a novel world and he tries to change his character's destiny by any means - relationships with important characters, dealing with business spies and family bad apples, etc. In the end, the plot 'corrected' itself, everyone lost their memories and went back on track, other events reached the intended route. The MC narrowly escaped his intended fate because he had made an obscure back-up plan that didn't involve his business, family or any important characters... It really depends on what the author wants to do with this premise and how smart they can be.

I think it's freaky to be transmigrated into a novel. The world's god is the author, and the author's will is everything. Why shouldn't characters expect that no matter what they do, there's no free will and no escape there. I'd wonder is it a self-contained world, does time inside matter, does it move past 'The End', does it rewind back to the start of the novel, does the world exist beyond the borders of the current scene, and so on. Reminds me of how mind-blowing this kdrama was - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W_(TV_series). Personally, for my own transmigration ideas, I follow two different theories that both give me more freedom, and it's a bit of a cop out, but hey. As the authors, they can spin this any way depending on their intention.

7. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hate that kind of plot. Just makes it feel like 99% of what the MC tries is a waste of time, so why bother reading it?

In any case, I'd probably be able to adjust pretty quickly if I got sent to another world. That doesn't mean I'd be happy about it, though...

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    It's certainly depressing, but then you can discover the actual brilliance of the MC who didn't just count on novel knowledge, and made a back-up plan that ultimately saved him. I can see some merit in that. It's not all wish fulfillment :blobsmilehappy:. His love interest remembered everything afterwards, so there's that. After the novels' 'End', meaning all trials and tribulations are over with, MC can go on living happily with his lover and restart his business peacefully.