Discussion [WTD] Disturbing trend to break chapters into parts

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Spiritsong, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MahotsukiKonran

MahotsukiKonran √¶∆℅¥×¶÷π√ ™°℅{^¢¡¿∆ \\£¥^√π¥℅¶∆÷√ ©¢¥®<®]¡¶∆¿

Reading List:
    Link
    Probably from the list "what's the deal"

2. Dips

Dips [Cheese God][Poké Professor][ADarkPain]Bored.

Reading List:
    Link
    depends on the length of the chapter. if theyre twice or even 4 times as big then most novel chapters then i dont see the reason not to split it up. you can get the daily or fixed quota for chapters per week that way otherwise you will have to wait several days for a huge huge chapter which will probably start to make you bored 3/4 of the way it because it starts to mess with the eyes.
    personally speaking they split the chapters for whatever reason they have, it is in the interests of the reader. otherwise their popularity would be poor

3. MarSprite

MarSprite <Impossible to Gauge>

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Train Disciple

4. lordsoul

lordsoul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my experience its usually when they are having issues with the chapter like length or their real life by breaking it down they can release something to us.

5. Spiritsong

Spiritsong Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well it is as you say, but of course, like I say, it's just something I took notice on certain novels that I read / used to read, and certain groups do it for one, if not all of the novels that they are translating. If its too long I do agree that there are translators who split it up (especially if the intention is speed over quality) .

I'm not sure about translators who are translating for the sake of money, but it does irk me a bit when I read a novel and only to find that the author didn't split it, but the translator did.

I do now understand from posts earlier made that it seems to be, that there is a convention of if it's too long, expect a split. Except the novels I'm reading (which used to mirror chapters from raws) suddenly going split (not gonna name the novels). The only thing I could think of is for monetization purposes by increasing unique page visits, or having more ads delivered (to be fair there will be ads and I'm okay unless it's NSFW or those that slam right in your face kind of ads) , but I may be wrong. Either way, I did say today I learnt a new thing about word counts in the translation scene.

More like irked when translators don't mirror chapters by authors ; as you have said it, when translators spilt it for whatever reasons

6. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...if you won't name novels, we can't really express an opinion about it. Locked.

DeadlyBell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.