Wu Assassins

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by IndelibleWords, Sep 3, 2019.

1. IndelibleWords

IndelibleWords Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started watching Wu Assassins on Netflix. Don't know if I'm late for the watching party. I think people who love Chinese novels would like it. I have not checked whether it's based on a novel, but it has all cliché things that I see in typical books here. A reluctant hero, an artifact, spirits, powers based on elements, a bad friend and overbearing father. All that's missing is a harem. But again I'm in episode 2.

2. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    I just saw the trailers n a few fight scenes.... It seems nice but.... Where is the dao seeking?! Where r the world ending/realm destroying fights?! Where r the arrogant young masters who need an ass whooping?!

N most importantly... WHERE IS WANG LIN?!

3. frenzy85

frenzy85 Not Well-Known Yet

Reading List:
    Link
    I watched a bit of it... the fights were pretty cool, but you really have to turn off your brain for the plot.

slanthony08 likes this.
  4. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    who tf is Wang lin?

5. Raidou99

Raidou99 [The Forgotten]

Reading List:
    Link
    U fkin heretic! For u to not know who wang lin is! U deserve a thousand deaths!!!

Well on a serious note... Wang lin is the mc of Renegade Immortal.
    U should read it. It's awesome.

6. clmbheat

clmbheat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just started to watch it and thought the same thing! I hope it doesnt devolve into super cheese soap opera

7. Heimdallr

Heimdallr [I-don't-know-what-to-write-here]

Reading List:
    Link
    i already watched and i think aside from the nice fights it ain't much

8. slanthony08

slanthony08 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The plot is trashy only redeeming factor is the fighting scenes. I dunno why i continued to watch it but I managed to finish it. My scores are
    Plot 3/10
    Fight scenes 9/10
    There wasn't even any nudity to give it more points so
    Overall score 6/10.
    Thats just how good the fights were.

clmbheat likes this.
  9. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked it up after watching it a bit over a week ago to see if there was a novel I could read, unfortunately no, it's an original story.

Yes the story could use a little bit of help. To be honest, I feel like the pace was a little too fast in some things, whereas in Iron Fist it was too slow. Maybe they could get together and find a happy medium, then it would probably be amazing. All that being said, I rather enjoyed it. It does seem like it would make a good web novel or a manga/anime. Also

I'm looking forward to Season 2 if they can get it approved. They did mention in an interview that I did not read but saw quoted, that since Season 1 set up the bones of the story, Season 2 would have a lot more action and specifically fighting.I just can't decide who his love interest is supposed to be. First I thought it was his childhood friend(cue cliche) then I thought it was the new hotness(cue other cliche) but now I'm seriously wondering if it's supposed to be his spirit guide after that ending(cue Coiling Dragon Grandpa Magical Girl Loli change cliche).

10. AkeShiro

AkeShiro Blanket Master

Reading List:
    Link
    i thank ye on yer recommendation my friend but i think i'll wait until it finishes all the chaps first before delving in