Recommendations Wuxia/Xianxia at the beginning of the world

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by yoimsecond, Apr 29, 2020.

1. yoimsecond

yoimsecond Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read quite a few novels whether Wixua or Xianxia, and usually they go a bit like, main character born in the poorest corner of a small region and then he discovers the rest of the world already has powerful beings established as rulers of the world.

I'm curious if there are any novels in which the main character is there are the 'start' of the world where people discover cultivation, and techniques, where there is no stongest already in place and everyone is competing to become the strongest.

(Obviously in a world like this the title of strongest or ruler would change all the time as cultivators made breakthroughs or fell in battle)

mir likes this.
  2. Reak

Reak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. forecast

forecast [Batoto Veteran] [sakurahana veteran]

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Lord Luc

Lord Luc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The spiritual attainment of min he

dweenator likes this.
  5. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-spiritual-attainment-of-minghe/

The MC transmigrated from the modern world into the Chinese Mythology.

He is reincarnated as the Blood Sea Ancestor. His peers are the likes of Nuwa, 3 pures, pangu and other primordial entities/ancestors like them.

Story basically starts at the beginning of creation itself when pangu created the world. His peers and competitors are the ultimate existence of other CN novels.

Anyways, the story is heavily based on Chinese Mythology.

So in essence this is EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Just a reminder though, this novel only has 418 chapters and is dropped. But the thing is, before it was dropped, the author had already wrapped up the chinese mythology. So you could say that it is completed. It is extremely fast paced because the story literally began since the dawn of time so thousands of years or millions happens in one chapter.

Once the author wrapped up the chinese myth and tried to continue beyond it to the chaos that's when he dropped the novel. I guess he ran out of creative juices or inspirations. This is exactly the end of most CN novels that has chinese myth in them like the dao ancestors, nuwa, three pures left to explore the chaos.

So you can say that it is completed. You can just disregard the last remaining chapters that went beyond the chinese mythology.

6. dweenator

dweenator Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I literally spent 30 minutes trying to explain why spiritual attainment of ming he is what he is looking for but i couldn't word it right and had to ramble on and erase it all simply because it was 2-3 years ago when i had read the novel.

Lord Luc and Reak like this.
  7. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link

So story about earliest development of Murim society where people recently discover Ki in world and MC is among the first one who use that energy to enchance himself then share it with other people?
    One story about early development of martial arts is about monks who want enlightenment by meditate in forest far away from secular world. While they spent their time in forest, this place also have all kind of beast that attack those monks, monks doesn't have much power to protect themself againts those beast beside natural human physical power and some tools until one or some of monks in their meditation they still don't enlightenment they seek but meditation also make them realizing unique energy to enhance their senses and physical power, they use that power to protect themself and as far going to toe with beast that normal human can't do.
    Those monks then create set of physical exercise and training method to utilize that energy then sharing it to fellow humans, creating first schools and sects of martial arts and therby creatinh martial arts society.

You want story like this?

9. Muspon

Muspon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what is the name of the story

10. yoimsecond

yoimsecond Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sure, if there is a story like that tell me the name please

11. Effugium

Effugium [Investigator], Praise Shigure-sama

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly no, currently there's no novel where MC become progenitor of magic or martial arts. When they start the story the magic civilization and martial art society has been already there.

The story of monks is from The Breaker New Wave chapter that mentioned history of martial arts.

The closest thing I can get is The Last Science by Etzoli in royalroadl, magic being discovered but not wide spread shared by practitioners

Last edited: May 2, 2020