Wuxia, Xianxia, Xuanhuan based games??

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by TheMrAzn, Jun 25, 2016.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Sounds like a good Idea

88.5%
  2. Just horrible. Just horrible get that out of my face.

11.5%
  1. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine something like this to be like Skyrim where you create a character and you get put in this fantasy world. Where you start in a sect, a village, or maybe your a reincarnated person, or someone that took over a rich scum bags body that was about to die. From there you "Cultivate" which I imagine it to be something like dragon ball style where they power up but when they cultivate time speeds up really quickly as cultivation usually doesn't take one minute or an hour to do.

The cultivation would be too overpowered if you can spam it so let's say it gets slower and slower each time you progress a realm.
    (You guys can make up realms in the comments since I'm too lazy to think of any right now.)
    And that's where the roaming part comes in. You roam around to find treasures/herbs/relics/scriptures & texts that describe techniques and skills. You can also do quest for your sect,people in the sect, or just random people you meet in the road. And as a reward for doing so you get favor points that allow you to do stuff.
    So like
    Doing quest for the sect - You can use favor points to get medicines,skills, and elders to help you out in your cultivation.
    People in the sect - If you get enough favor points they follow you/ loyal to you so whenever your in trouble (later discussed) they'll help you. But it'll depend on the person you help. Say you help a rich person they can help you financially or if it's a genius he can assist you in fights or be used as a punching bag, I mean sparring partner.Or maybe you helped a concoction master who can create pills that assist you in your cultivation or maybe give you boosts during fights
    As for people you meet out in the road - When you them favors they give you rare items or maybe you find out their actually high ranking officials in other kingdoms which you can call for favors. And they'll get affection points. It'll depend on what gender you choose and what gender you have attraction for, on who'll get those affection points.
    As for conflicts/enemies
    You can be put in a scenario where a arrogant young master gives you trouble and has his entire sect out to kill you or simply stops you from buying anything in stores which his sect controls.
    Other enemies are obviously other cultivators. A lot will probably be passive and not do you any harm but when your roaming away from any cities or towns there'll be loose cultivators who will kill you for your possessions.
    Other enemies will be beasts that you can tame at a certain point.
    Now like Skyrim you could also make your own pills or formations but will require you to actually practice it and get better. This will have the same basis as cultivation which as it progresses levels it'll level up slower which is where books enlightening the character about pills and formations. There will also be books telling what ingredients are required for this and that.
    Unlike Skyrim there will be no skill tree. Why? because cultivators work to get there and don't just randomly have it pop inside their head. (And because I don't want to take the time to make a whole skill tree... I will at some point... maybe...)
    So pretty much everything such as weapon masteries, techniques, skills, and spells will have the same basis as cultivation where you have to practice it to get better at it. To level it up quicker you could ask trainers for assistants or elders. Elders obviously being a better choice since their more knowledgeable.

There's a whole lot that I skipped and I did this on the whim but tell me what you guys think. And don't be afraid for any other suggestions or things that could be added.

2. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    The demand just isn't there. It won't be happening any time soon IMO.
    If it were to be made, the only practical option would be for it to be a single-player RPG, since the market for MMOs is just in the drains right now, and lord knows how terrible companies are at making open world RPGs.
    Making it non-open world would put too many restraints and break the immersion. You get something like Blade and Soul, then. Which is good in it's own way, just not "enough".

Blank9 likes this.
  3. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a what if for me :--P. I'm pretty sure the novel industry isn't that big to get a game made on a novel.

4. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    There are plenty of RPGs made after novels. It's just that they're all in their native languages, which just so happen to not be english.
    inb4 ISSTH

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Helldogify

Helldogify Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there are a couple on steam, i dont remember the names but there were posts on the subbreddit about them and a new one was released recently. try to find it on steam it even had engg dubs i think

6. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    O really o.o I didn't know that...
    I'm sure there's no english patch?

7. sithkazar

sithkazar Professional Screw Up

Reading List:
    Link
    Tale of Wuxia

But its not on sale :(

Edit: I'm probably gonna buy it anyways

Wujigege likes this.
  8. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    Tale of wuxia

sithkazar likes this.
  9. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean hey, someone is bound to make a skyrim mod for it sometime.
    We have a Thomas the Tank Engine mod and a MLP mod. I'm sure a Wuxia mod wouldn't be that far off, amirite people?

10. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    I...did not expect Tale of Wuxia to be like that. But it's better then nothing, I'll look more into it.

11. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there any romance in Tale of Wuxia? If so I'm getting it. (It better be good >>)

12. masterduck123

masterduck123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, as stated previously, there are plenty of these types of games, but they are all in Chinese. One thing that comes pretty close is Age of Wushu/ Age of Wulin (same thing, but different name based on region; NA vs EU). When the game came out, Snail Games like to say that it is "the first true Wuxia game". Age of Wushu was a really anticipated when it first came out, but Snail Games (and Webzen for Age of Wulin) basically do not know how to manage their games. They both just focus on getting money (as seen in Snail games' move to mobile. VIP system = cash cow, and more pay to win), so the game suffers a lot.

So on the the game: It is an mmorpg with no levels. Instead, your character strength is determined by you achievements with your inner skills. Inner skills can be leveled up by cultivation. Cultivation time can be decreased through use of various pills. Inner skills have different ranks (tier 1,2,3, etc. with the larger number being better). There are different schools (sects) that focus on different martial arts. The different schools belong to alliances based on their nature ( good, evil, neutral). I have personally played the game and it is not bad, but the player base is steadily dwindling. There is not enough incentive for new players to join and for returning players to come back.

TLDR: Age of Wushu = Wuxia game, but steadily dying player base.
    Edit: Just wanted to say that they also have a mobile version of the game called Age of Wushu Dynasty. Different game play but same wuxia base.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    Wujigege and kainee like this.
  13. Shinra

Shinra Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    dude, no one play gate of firmament here? it is offline and in english. also xianxia game and the story is quite good. it doesn't have any relation to novel realms of firmament btw.

DX5536 likes this.
  14. pat775

pat775 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I noticed in the description it says "the number of girls a character can have relationship with has been increased to more than 10," so I think you're good there, Mr. Jade Tree (lol)

15. rdawv

rdawv The Ancient of Lore

Reading List:
    Link
    The Gate of Firmament
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/427030/

It's more like Final Fantasy with Chinese elements. I haven't went too far in the game, the dialogue is excruciatingly slowly voiced with no option to skip sentences, only to skip entire cutscenes.

16. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    I did not read most of that...

there is "jade Emperor" out there. I liked it, but did not finish it yet.

Tale of Wuxia seems fun, but I started reading Hail of King and decided that I will finish Diablo II, so I just started it and played for 5 min...

17. TheMrAzn

TheMrAzn [Blank]

Reading List:
    Link
    GREAT SCOTT. THAT'S A LOT.

18. Echoes

Echoes 【Wandering Monk】

Reading List:
    Link
    Search Age of Wushu.

19. NaoSou

NaoSou Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tale of Wuxia actually has a "Harem Ending", so, yeah. That is a thing.

20. k1nk4

k1nk4 Sage Verdurous Sea Turtle

Reading List:
    Link
    btw, I did not notice it when I played (since I did not read CN wb in that time), but divine dinvity 2 seems a lot like those gods based novels, unfortunately there is not enough enemies variety, but is fun anyway.