Wuxiaworld Official Response to Qidian's Libelous Claims

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vicious

Vicious [Egg on rice]

Reading List:
    Link
    Personnally, I don't read any novels from Qidian International. WuxiaWorld is solid and I am sure they will get through this, besides, most chinese web novels are so overly cliche that the authors should sue each other.

Edit: Qidian International is acting like a cliche cannon fodder villain in a chinese web novel.

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  2. Flamemaster

Flamemaster [TheCakeIsALie][LordOfTheDivineFlame][ThePinkPuff]

Reading List:
    Link
    verbal agreements hold shit in court of law, even though perjury can be caused, its still not that binding unless you shook on it, also only way to work with the bigger companies is always ask for written orders/consents so you can have support to fall on.
    as for what ive seen in the past couple of months as i read novels on some of websites i havent seen any poaching like posts from any of the translators which have moved to wuxiaworld, im sure qidaninternational will paywall as soon as the the translators finish translating i think, as there are no ad banners on quidan international atall so they will have to find a source of income from that website.

3. Teanana

Teanana Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Screw them, greedy fucks. us reading novels freely is only good for them, it opens people to the market and that's the reason so many people paid for the books after they got released ( Ex: Martial god asura vol 1 ) .

4. mechawarrior

mechawarrior New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is my first-post here but I seriously can't help but post a short story since the whole drama is so much like something directly out of any Xianxia novel.

Disclaimer:
    The story does in no way reflect what exactly happened, but just my take of it from reading the forum posts.

During the relative moment of peace after the decline of the Gravity Tales Sect, the Qidian Sect elders regularly received news of divine grade magicite cores being found all over the ROTW (Rest of the World) continent. They had initially found it impossible to believe that the low level ROTW continent is filled with magicite cores, even up to heavenly-grade ones. The had just assumed it was a barren desert continent, with nothing to look for. This was unprecedented!

When RWX the Head Sect of WuxiaWorld crossed over from the ROTW continent to approach their Sect months ago for a lucrative trade deal in exchange for divine abilities and Dao techniques, most of the elders and even the core disciples had scoffed. But to their surprise, RWX offered them a bag of holding containing several tons of high grade magicite cores. With their interest piqued, a 10-year trade deal was finally signed, and promise of further trade-deals agreed.

Behind the scenes, one of the Qidian elders suggested to dispatch a group of disciples to establish a branch sect, Qidian International in the ROTW continent. "Let's investigate the ROTW continent, and if it is indeed a magicite mine as the Chief said, we'll take it all. We are the greatest sect and have the rights anyway since all magicite cores originally came from our HuaXia (华夏) continent (HuaXia is the historical name of China). They don't have the qualifications to complain, and even if they do they are far too weak!!"

As time passes and news and investigation results continue to proliferate through, the Qidian elders knew they had struck rich. This was their opportunity to expand their power and influence. Their chance to put down their rivals and dominate the entire HuaXia continent. Greed got hold of them and they knew it was time to act and take over ROTW continent, less rival heavenly sect like ZhongHeng and 17k beat them to it.

The Qidian Sect elders dropped all pretense of cordiality with WuxiaWorld during the latest trade-deal talk and threatened them to handover all their hard-earned divine grade magicite cores or else be prepared to face dire consequences, even possibly the annihilation of the Sect. RWX refused such outrageous demands and returned immediately to WuxiaWorld sect to plan the next steps.

The branch, Qidian International (QI) meanwhile started to spread news that WuxiaWorld is evil and it is their moral right to punish them for the good of the realm. A reason given that WuxiaWorld is overly power hungry and had a hand in causing the decline of Gravity Tales sect. More importantly, WuxiaWorld apparently had the gall to steal their Dao techniques! As repercussion, WuxiaWorld had to forfeit all the divine abilities, heavenly martial techniques, weapons, treasures and magicite cores or be destroyed. Elders and talented disciples of WuxiaWorld have the option to either submit or DMCA'ed!

"How is that possible? WuxiaWorld is evil?!", "I don't believe it!", "Bullshit! Your mother can tell a better lie! WuxiaWorld Sect is the reason I'm alive and living". "What's going on!?" Shock, anger and mostly disbelieve echoed throughout the realm. Some Sects voiced support in private, while most took a neutral wait and see stance. A few were gleefully delighted that the largest sect in the ROTW continent is finally meeting its maker. "There is no way in hell WuxiaWorld will survive this! They are done for!", the same few opinionated.

Not one to back down without a fight, Head Sect RWX was steadfast in making a declaration to the world. "Qidian betrayed us! They stabbed us in the back, accused us of stealing and declared us evil but we'll not go down quietly into the night! We will fight for our freedom, from tyranny, oppression and unjustice! We will fight for our rights to exist! We will continue to fight to survive!" (Modified quote from ID4). RWX knew things weren't looking good for the Sect and the elders and disciples have been demoralized. He needed something big to put WuxiaWorld on better pedestal in a stand-off with Qidian and calm the sect, and something he got, a backing-deal with Zhongheng and 17k.

Some people in the ROTW continent were furious with Qidian upon hearing the declaration, some still in disbelieve and confused with the ongoing drama. Most continued with daily life either ignorant or apathetic to the whole event. However, this was still an unexpected blow to Qidian. They couldn't have the people in the ROTW continent to hate them, even if it constitutes a minority. After all, they are needed for the magicite cores. It was at this time, they counterattacked with their propaganda. They hired ROTW mortals to do their bidding with scrap rewards to influence the masses, have a few ex-elders from smaller sects who defected as QI elders to promote their benevolence, grace and generosity. Public sentiment began to shift, more started questioning WuxiaWorlds' motive. "Are they really power-hungry?" "Are they really up to no good and have strong ambition to conquer the ROTW continent?" "Did power finally corrupt?"...

The story continues.....

5. Pizz0011

Pizz0011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mechawarrior
    have to say you've just given me a huge laugh with your story ( in a good way) but for me it's a little off as why travel and try to be honest and gain the blessing
    if they only wanted power after about 3-4 years of visiting the ww sect it's never come across that way
    but i happily await the next update from you :)

6. Keima-kun

Keima-kun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand the problems here?
    The major thing is that QI screws over the verbal agreement between them and WW. I am not taking sides but i would however, stand on the side of the law. Copyrights problems have always been a difficult thing to handle, and only written agreements can guarantee everything.

As for the paywalls thingy. I do not understand why people would want to boycott them for that? I mean, QI is a company and company is made to gain money. To my observations, there are so many translators taking patreons and donations that amounts to hundreds to thousands dollars per month. So, it makes no different from the paywall in QI. If they are following the same method as in chinese qidian website, then it wouldn't be that expensive. Few dollars would probably get you few dozens chapters which would be a good deal. As for the quality of the translations, i wouldn't complain about it. A proper book with the correct grammar and all would have costed around 7$ and the amounts needed for web novels are definely way less.
    Anyway, there's always method of piracy. You could always resort to that but then, you would be no different than readers who visits the websites which have been stealing other's translations.

I might have gone astrayed, but tl;dr, i think we should refrain from taking sides right now unless we know the whole truth behind it.

Iromania and strixflash like this.
  7. 8Psycho

8Psycho Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh... when people were like 'we want to received authors permission to translate', 'lets support the author', 'we may receive support from that eastern webnovel platform', 'some site was posting my translation without permission, we need legal measures'. I was cautioning them - you too will be sorry for removing novel translation out from grey area of law. Once people can be greedy leagally, they will. It always was like this.

Tebix likes this.
  8. jbhere

jbhere Member

Reading List:
    Link
    here's my thoughts..i hope people with the capability to perform what im about to say will read this

tbh,legally against such giant i don't even have an inkling of hope that rwx would win this fight.
    no matter what i do,or what my opinion is as a person,as part community,it is all useless,the possibility that qidian will steamroll WW and the other groups is just too fuken high

what can we do?..5 millions Readers on WW how many do you think can be considered as supporter of the community?
    arguing here on NUF will not do anything to help,yet almost everyone involved in the arguments about this issue have the same goal we are all wanted to help...

so i kindly ask you people,elder,influential member of the community..can you please Rally the masses let's start a social movement like the ones annonymous did couple of years back,let's do petition,let's do social media campaign and let more people know.i doubt any court will ignore this if there are hundred of thousands of people from various country all saying the same thing.

it is not about copyrights it's about what is right,we have seen those leaked contract forms on reddit,there's even talk that qidian's authors will have their future works taken from them,even after their contract ended ..that is NEW INFORMATION AGE FORM OF SLAVERY,we have seen they slander and lie to public here in nuf..
    if there's enough masses saying the same thing the court will take a look even if its just a little.even it's just a little i'm convinced it can help out ww in his struggle.

i don't know how you see rwx,ggp,volare etc...but to me they are the pioneer of the chinese novels translator of the recent popular novels,they are the reason why people read the novels in the first place,they introduce the community to CHINA as a CULTURE IN A GOOD POSITIVE WAY in this era WHERE CHINA IS SEEN AS THE LESS EVIL OVERLORD compare to north korea.

rwx don't deserve this kind of treatment from qidian...no translation group currently translating CN novels for the masses deserve that kind of treatment..the chinese government should've rewarded him instead for his efforts in the last couple of years.it's one thing if you talk about legal contracts and copy rights,but publicly denouncing and defame the very person that promotes your products and your country+its literature is no good, especially when you still actively promoting contracts that borderline slavery and near extreme intellectual exploitation?..i wonder how the court will react..that is my opinion on this fiasco,if a stupid peasant like me can easily reach this kind of conclusion what would the rest of the nations in this world do? since the possibility exist that their own citizens or worse younger citizens exposed to such contract and ended up with their intellectual capacity ripped off .now,since qidian going international yes?...and internet is easey access nowdays...

PS:i don't even know what is that thing i wrote up there called...rambling?,opinion?,solution?,dissapointment?

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  9. axcel101

axcel101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't some drug guy 'rescued' due to the WW?...I mean this site that is free and for the normal citizens with no paywall...Isn't this what we need to let our stress be dissolved?..This is ..like qidian is trying to attack our only haven. The place that lets us be free from the cruel real world and have a peace of mind....

10. nyuu1224

nyuu1224 Heaven's Grip System Engineer

Reading List:
    Link
    It is because ren handled it professionally that it did not escalate to this. Duh? If you don't like politics might as well keep quiet and eat popcorn. I am braindead because I support WW? I don't mind though. Heh

11. Pandax

Pandax Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    #iSupportWuxiaWorld

fuck Qidian or Qidan or watever

12. CoCayn

CoCayn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    2 cents from someone who was part of Gravity.

I kept quiet when that whole Gravity/WW fiasco happened because, first I wasn't active in Gravity anymore and second, I knew Qidian would pull something like this sooner or later. The famous strategy, 'Divide and Conquer' was applied here...

In my opinion, WW burned the only bridge that could have created a resistance against Qidian when Ren accepted the Gravity translators on WW. It might be true that Ren didn't activity poach them, but from what I know, there was a oral agreement between Ren and GGP to not accept translators from each others sites even when they come knocking! What happened when translators with popular novels came knocking? He accepted them for short-term gains instead of finding a solution with Gravity to ward off the bigger threat for the community that loomed in the horizon.

Now the community will split between various factions and let us not kid ourselves, it will slowly getting absorbed by Qidian since the only real 'potential alliance' that could have blocked it was destroy before it could even be formed.

I am not accusing Ren of anything since we are all human and cannot predict the future, but he won't get any support from me for what Qidian now did.

It is a sad day, but hopefully this will be a lesson to some people.

13. FortColors

FortColors Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would be more inclined to believe you if GGP wasn't translating BTTH on WW.

kkchaitu likes this.
  14. CoCayn

CoCayn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Get your facts straight before replying. GGP stopped translating BTTH for a year or two? Arron is the guy translating BTTH and GGP only edits and post it because Arron can't be bothered I guess. And BTTH was a cooperation between WW and Gravity, what does it have to do with my post? It only confirms that Gravity and WW where on good terms before that fiasco happened.

15. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Based on what happened so far, my speculation is that RWX had no choice in accepting those translators who came knocking, ignoring the fact that I personally dislike such agreements as indicated above. The reason why is because it is not just one or two translators and they didn't just move to one site, which most people who followed that story would be aware. So based on my read of the situation and GGP/gravity's stand, it looks to me like there would have been plenty of cases like TKA or something similar along those lines (or maybe something else but I don't think so). In that case, people moving, especially given that we don't know what happened between GGP and the involved translators individually or as a group and given the fact they have been long term on gravity and contributed majorly to its success and yet they were willing to walk away, it can be seen there must have been quite compelling reasons. So to me it looks like the future of translators and their free will was being affected and RWX did a good thing giving them a place.

But this is probably what lead to differences between QI and WW. I have a feeling that QI was somehow planning to get hold of those novels and was not able to. I don't want to speculate more :).

16. kkchaitu

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, maybe you should (??). From BTTH post on WW
    Translated By: Arron and GGP

17. CoCayn

CoCayn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I could gather by reading the reasons why the first novels left, before the whole exodus started, they left Gravity because WW was a more viable option to get the license. In my opinion WW could have come up with a better way to limit the damage of Gravity.

18. CoCayn

CoCayn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, I was in Gravity and know who translated what, don't try to argue with me. GGP translated the early chapters, but Arron is a machine and does over 10 chapters a week so there was no need for GGP to help later on.

19. kkchaitu

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, ok, then maybe you should let GGP know so that he can stop putting that there then :). Because to me, that is absolutely misleading.

20. CoCayn

CoCayn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a reason why BTTH gets posted on WW.

Gravity uses WW ads and BTTH represents their official working relationship. After the exodus, I doubt Gravity would try to damage their income more by stop using the more lucrative ads from WW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.