Wuxiaworld's Exclusivity - The Contract

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dsatan

Dsatan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm going to make banana pancakes
    And a glass of tea

2. Viola

Viola Studio Ghibli Fanboy Mother of Learning Fanboy

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad to see you release some of the contract since @Qidian has been lying about it and trying to manipulate and deceive users for upwards of a year now. They have broken NDA on several occasions taking the contract out of context for their own gain and public image.

I always believed your many detailed posts over their rambling and proven lies but it is still good to see even a part of what was truly agreed upon which at least for me only reinforces what i already knew. That @Qidian deals in horrible faith and doesn't care about contract violations as well as lying to the whole community for financial gain. Plus breaking the law. And that @rwxwuxiaworld runs his site with far more integrity and honesty.

It is really unfortunate that you ever had to sign a deal with them in retrospect because of all the shit it has caused but you have brought WW a long way and despite all this it is still growing and improving with an overall TL Quality that will actually make people want to buy your novels as ebooks.

@rwxwuxiaworld Kudos to always hitting above the belt and yet still crushing your opponent in a Moral and Legal way.

3. rexzshadow

rexzshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe the meaning is that because QI constantly been making claims about the contract that's under NDA they had already broken said NDA first. Now whatever happens legally will happen behind the scene. As for what happens here well from previous track records anything goes XD

Shield Loyalist and Sabruness like this.
  4. Cygsiulle

Cygsiulle error 404: title not found

Reading List:
    Link
    i agree that the wording is a bit odd, and the situation sounds rather unlikely, but that part could either be effectively useless or a measure to prevent the "poaching"/moonlighting of one of their contracted TLs from working on licensed novels and putting that "work" of theirs on your site, as they'd be claimed as a part of QI and it's a conflict of interests.

5. Velast

Velast Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    okay one time it could've been an incident but this is their who knows whats try:)
    WW is the most family friendly platform. they just need to make their website even more attractive and intuitive.

Sharudeis likes this.
  6. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link
    More or less what I already assumed was the case.

7. aru

aru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After some quick googling, according to this document (http://www.us-china-cerc.org/participants/downloads/IPWorkshop_YU_Xiang_Patent.pdf), 排他 actually means "sole" and 独占 is exclusive.

A sole licence is a type of exclusive licence with an exception. The licensor is entitled to continue using the licensed subject within the territory of exclusivity. Unlike with a typical exclusive licence, the licensor generally retains the right to use the intellectual property.

AliceShiki and Sharudeis like this.
  8. emigumin

emigumin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i am waiting for qidian's 100% perfect english rebuttal

9. kkchaitu

kkchaitu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of what QI has been doing is trying to cripple or kill Wuxiaworld. The reason I say this is because they have spent most of their time trying to firefight or resolve issues created by QI and possibly not focus on translating and potentially losing motivation. As based on what we have seen they have been partly successful. Now its one novel but who knows what will happen in the future. How many novels can Wuxiaworld and Ren take. I am very disappointed with QI. But unfortunately reader disappointment does not help this situation in anyway.

I have believed from that start and still believe that QI is being shortsighted. Even if they kill all competition or own all competition, it does not really help them until they have a large group of quality translators. Maybe they are trying to buy time with all these acts of theirs. But will all of this make a difference in the long run for QI to be successful?

<start of rant>
    Why do people read novels? What minimum quality is required? As can be seen from all of the idie authors on Amazon, there are people who will read almost anything as long as there is a decent quality to the language and grammar. It does not have to be very high since they will get the page views and ad revenue. There have been studies where the human brain can just adapt to reading by correcting the mistakes of the writing. This is how people are able to read mtl stuff. I know since I have read novels on lnmtl :D. It is hard at the start but a few chapters in, your brain skips over what does not make sense and will thread through the story as lomg as you have the interest to read through. As Amazon and Qidian have shown, there is only a bare minimum requirement on plot and language.
    </end of rant>

Anyway, my rant aside, I hope Wuxiaworld and Ren stay strong and continue to give us more novels to read. I wish you the very best and will continue to read at your site.

Shield Loyalist, Viola and Sharudeis like this.
  10. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if that was true (and I'm not granting that), the 'licensor' is Shanghai Xuanting, whereas QI is operated by Cloudary Holdings Limited, a different company (ie a different person). Even if this was a 'sole' license which the licensor could use, other persons (aka QI) cannot.

upload_2018-3-28_17-25-59.png

11. KingOfDreams

KingOfDreams [Master of Sleepiness]

Reading List:
    Link
    Qidian is like those annoying young masters that never goes away like a cockroach :blobninja:will come for you qidian!

12. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmmmm, nice to know I guess?

I mean, we have no way of knowing if this is what is actually written on the contract, but it's not like I have any reason to distrust it either... Like, why bother making a thread with a fake contract? I think Ren has better things to do then that. Would just give easy ammunition for Qidian, so I guess it is safe to assume it is truthful.

Don't have many thoughts on it though, I'm clueless about Chinese and clueless about Law too, so... Well, hopefully this is something that will help WW on court.

Though one of the people from Qi said that there is no lawsuit going on in the first place, which kinda weirded me out... Dunno if they're not privy to the inner occurrences or if it is actually truth.

Well, I'll lurk on this thread I guess. I wonder if Qidian will actually reply to it.

13. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Expecting a chinese company to respect copyright is like hoping Trump will stop posting shit on Twitter: it just won't happen.

nobodyimportant likes this.
  14. Slayerwolfx2

Slayerwolfx2 [Immortal Forever]

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been a discussion about this more than one time, but as I say it again, this is not a good thing for the Novel community.

What you're saying, is that translators forced to translate more is a good thing.
    Sure for your enjoyment it is, but look at it from another perspective and tell me that again.

15. Iramohs

Iramohs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    FUCK! Gotta change my tighty whiteys after that.

16. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that I care either way but there is actually nothing in the post that shows any actual evidence to support what he is saying.
    Just a random scan of a document with no reference to the name of QI or it's parent company.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  17. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name of the parent company is at the very top of the actual scan - Shanghai Xuanting.

18. Guyver

Guyver Bio-Booster Armor

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh what I wanted to say did not come out right what I meant was there are no signatures or seals that I can see and without them it could simply be something you printed out yourself.

19. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    hee part of Qi company?
    I see da name on
    china literature~
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    ehem
    this cat welcome you to PR department~
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

20. Mkill

Mkill Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, let's have the doubt favor qi, because they are absolutely trustworthy and deserving of our faith.

On another note, I honestly can't understand how ren trusts china's judiciary so much. A company that huge has deep ties to the CCP. One can't just expect an impartial trial. I don't think their judges even know about licenses and copyright, given how much intelectual property China steals every year.

readerz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.