Discussion WuxiaWorld's Imploding

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by GDLiZy, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Jaspaaar

Jaspaaar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is very, very, very far from the truth.

2. rwxwuxiaworld

rwxwuxiaworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL. Brother, you aint kidding

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    nope as long as they have decent quality and interesting choice of novel for product~ for piracy they will always exist as long as people think there more benefit on paying more than the cons WW will float~ paywall is not problem considering there exist official JP LN that still floating around~ we have sevensea, jnovel club, yenpress, something worldchronicle~ sure they on different area but that the gist~

WN is disaster on quality and choice of novel so it seem many think it not worth for spend money there~

4. Sakuratea

Sakuratea A Cup ot Tea

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, i did spent some money on WN a while back. Largely due to my addiction with Release that witch. But, after a while, i tried to count the money I've spent on the site and thought "damn, i could've bought several actual hardcover books with these money", so i stopped. RTW was getting stale anyway.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    this cat prefer LN because it on book format, WN kinda meh~ kinda pricey from google play to lololol

Traveling Chef likes this.
  6. grrman

grrman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, the biggest annoyance is definitely the locked chapters ruining my NU reading lists. As long as WW keep up their translation quality, they should still have an audience.

Teisen and Bad Storm like this.
  7. Traveling Chef

Traveling Chef ⁽ʕ•̀ω•́ʔ╯.+:。Professional Unichef~

Reading List:
    Link
    they will. on their platform. where you can track your reading list for them on their website.

8. grrman

grrman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me the big problem is that if you read on two different platforms, the bookmarks don't always update immediately. I read on my phone during lunch, and then on my computer in the evening. I'm reading Star Immortal right now, and the bookmarks don't always line up when I switch between my computer and phone. Especially if I still have a chapter open, the bookmark goes back to the last opened, not the last read one so that can make it hard to find the place I actually left off. Or if I let some chapters pile up for a series I am caught up with, but I accidentally hit "read latest chapter" on a chapter release notification,

I also like having things in one place and the little feeling of accomplishment I have marking that I have read up to the latest chapter on my reading list.

9. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    then you should complain to the group who is at fault for this change in your reading list. WW.
    Novel Updates policy has been the same since both of us registered our accounts. they haven't changed it for anyone else. The mods, admins, and Tony have stated in multiple other threads exactly why it is that way and why it isn't going to change. so tell me why do you think they should change it now? why is WW special enough to warrant this change but no one else was before?

also, let us not forget the Manual reading list option exists. you can still easily keep track of everything on Novel Updates it just won't be as convenient as it was before because of the changes WW has made.

ReaderReader, grrman and missluna like this.
  10. grrman

grrman Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't mean to question NU on their policy. I agree this is a problem caused by WW.

Traveling Chef likes this.
  11. Traveling Chef

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry, the whole situation still has me a bit aggressive and there's been more than one person commenting to the effect that NU needs to change its policy for WW and I assumed you were too. again sorry about that