[WYR] Look thin or thick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Little Potato, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Would you rather have it difficult to gain weight or lose weight?

1. I'd rather find gaining weight hard

54.2%
  2. I'd rather find losing weight hard

8.3%
  3. Both sound horrible. I would like to be excluded from this narrative.

37.5%
  1. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    I was watching a video of BlackPink Lisa dancing and I came across one of the comments that worried about her weight. However, one of the comments defended Lisa saying she's the type where it's hard for her to gain weight and it got me thinking.

Different people have different metabolisms. Some people shed pounds faster than others and some people struggle to lose weight.

Would you rather find gaining weight hard and look chopstick thin (where your Nana shames you for not eating enough) or find losing weight hard and look belly-bulge-visible thick (where your Nana shames you for eating a little too much) (Yes in both cases, your Nana WILL shame you)

Please hold the following assumptions constant:
    (1) You will NOT look like BP's Lisa if you choose to find weight gain hard
    (2) You share the same appetite for food as the average person (No foodie explanations allowed, you will feel sick and vomit if you try to eat excess of your capacity)

2. Kadmos1

Kadmos1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I have a 38-inch waist, am 6'2, and about 210.5 lbs. in my underwear. Yes, I am a bit fat and would preferred to be called "fat". So, me losing 4 inches on my waist and at least 15 lbs. would be nice. So, I would rather have difficulty gaining weight if I stayed within the 180-200 lb. weight range.

3. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wdf is "belly-bulge-visible thick"? That sounds more "I'm healthy" than "I'm grossly overweight and everyone who looks at me knows it".

I read the poll and immediately chose "neither, please", because I both want to be, and am attracted to people who look, HEALTHY, as in not starved to death and not desperately in need of diet and exercise. But after actually reading the OP I feel like I need to change my vote to the latter, because this is the most conservative possible definition of "overweight".

Fallion likes this.
  4. Havisu

Havisu Night Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    People who are hard to gain weight have it easy. How? They can eat anything they want, without caring how much fat would accumulate.

People who are hard to lose weight have it harder, because they have to follow good dietary and be aware of how much they can eat, regardless of their craving. Its like a punishment game, or maybe a real punishment for being born into this world

Fallion likes this.
  5. Rhypnic

Rhypnic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want my lil bro gaining weight:blobpeek:

Havisu likes this.
  6. Little Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    Initially, the poll was supposed be at the extreme ends of malnutritionally thin and morbidly obese. However, I felt like, between the choices, there would a clear winner (malnutritionally thin) due to the many health reasons and social consequence of being obese. So I guess what I refer to as thick would be looking slightly chunky (not reaching plus size) but not to the point of obesity. It's really a very hard measure to describe but I tried lol

Westeller likes this.
  7. mmsupreme

mmsupreme How do I change my custom title?

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont want to be bowling ball or skeletor unless it comes with super speed or strength.

8. Fallion

Fallion [Indolence Personified]

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s just as unhealthy being at either extreme... The main difference is in the social aspect really. But at the extremes it is better to gain weight easily as long as you’re capable of moving because it’s a downward curve, the more you weigh the harder it is to gain more weight as long as you still move around.

There’s no such thing for having a hard time to gain weight, at the extremes they are forced to rely heavily on medication and meal supplements, so it is also more expensive.
    Back in school I knew a guy with a mild case of this and he had to eat the equivalent of a bag of chips daily on top of the meals to maintain his weight. He was the kind of guy I’d envy because it was a mild enough case that he didn’t have to use any medication or anything but could eat whatever he liked.

9. Zom the Monk

Zom the Monk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also there's another side effect of having to eat extra to maintain weight, and that is from what I've seen a fair number of people in this category use this as an excuse to eat very poorly. Which is still actually bad for your health you just don't have the easier to identify issue of body weight, and I can easily see such people having major health complications later in life.

10. Little Potato

Reading List:
    Link
    That's interesting. I've had a friend who was so skinny her ribs would pop out and she would feel nauseous every time she ate more than what she could because she felt conscious about her figure. Though she did consult a dietitian in the end and finally managed to achieve a normal figure after 3 years of being on a strict regimen of diet and exercise.

There's also the case like certain 'mukbang' or big eaters on youtube have naturally big stomachs that can expand to 6 times to that of an average persons eg. Yuka Kinoshita which makes it easy for food to pass through without getting absorbed.

11. rijimon17

rijimon17 Hope you can read the words

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the word your looking for is THICCC :ROFLMAO:
    I'll see myself out:blobsad:.

Little Potato likes this.
  12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link

Fat, plump potatoes are yummier. :ROFLMAO:

Padoru, Padoru!:blobsanta: