Xianxia/QianHuan/Xuanhuan/Wuxia world fusion system

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Okuri Ookami, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Okuri Ookami

Okuri Ookami 'Chi Chi Chi' calls the Sparrow

Reading List:
    Link
    Just for fun which novels from the above (title) listed genres would you combine to pick a (RPG game) system to reincarnate with in a Western or Eastern themed ancient martial arts era? The max combinations can be up to only 5 novels, don't want it to get out of hand lol.

Desolate Era - Over all world theme such as Dao's, ability creation as Ki refiner and Fiend God, Primal Twins, Forces, etc...

True Martial World - for its totem creation that allows you to mold your own Spirit

Douluo Dalu 3 - for its spirit evolution system, dual spirits, variant spirits, etc...

Chaotic Sword God - weapons forged from the spirit

Great Demon King / Shen Yin Wang Zuo - cause of the ability to summon spirits/pets and upgrade them, pets are a must!

*The RPG system is more for people like me who want more of a structured system that can help point out goals or are introverted, not wanting to take on a master or murder tons of people just for a skill manual...

2. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean Chaotic Sword God not Chaotic World God.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  3. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks been so long since I read it I forgot the name lol

Astaroth likes this.
  4. Airye

Airye Hermit Water Elementalist

Reading List:
    Link
    The two classes i've always picked in RPG are Ranger, or Tamer, so last one i guess ?

(got to edit this 3 times x) guess it's time to go to sleep :p )

5. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So do you mean that you would automatically gain EXP or do you still have to cultivate?

Because I mean technically getting EXP from killing monsters is pretty much what the demonic cultivation techniques are in practice, kill stuff & absorb soul or whatever.

Bean likes this.
  6. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more of a SpellSword, Shaman and tamer so I pretty much picked that kinda theme lol

With increase in cultivation and understanding you gain levels and after reaching a level or beating a mission you get a prize equivalent to your level and a random lottery every 10 levels. Killing things would of course give you exp as its a form of gaining insight as would absorbing spirits as that's a form of cultivation.

7. Love4NovelGuy

Love4NovelGuy [Veteran Writer] [Reaper]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd choose Archer and Martial Artist so that I can use Ultra-Ranged Combat and Ultra-Close Combat.

8. Allchemic

Allchemic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe we are children of the same mother? Pets are indeed a must :3 I remember playing a lot with tamer or even hunter when I still played TRPG... There was a time that I wanted to make a empire of ten thousand beasts, although it was never completed - because it would take too much time t-t. - I just love pets <3 Taming creatures is cool, fun and awesome, even more when you can make then get stronger and even evolve <3

9. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, and this may make sound like a trashy person, but I'll still recommending Battlefield Reload because I DID mix various things like that in my Magic System. It's a type of RPG-like Nen System like from Hunter x Hunter but it's mixed in with various unique elements. I know I'm gonna gather some haters for writing this but I've got thick enough skin to survive it.

10. Love4NovelGuy

Reading List:
    Link
    Although the loop in Peerless Martial God is agonising, it at least has a good Martial System, so I'd rather take that into an RPG.

11. Shebby

Shebby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I second that!

12. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the first thing you mentioned wasn't actually on topic, but PMG actually does have a great system but its similar to TMW and I think I'd prefer the latter as the mc in PMG actually has the most op everything while others seem like trash... plus I'd like to choose my martial spirit/totem rather than being born with one. I actually haven't read it in awhile and only remember that 1 person managed to fuse with his spirit and that's the most interesting part I can think of.

I don't know what a TRPG is but in every game I've played that allows me to summon, tame, or bring companions I've always maxed it out. Even Skyrim I had 3 followers and 1 pet and an undead not to mention giving my companion staves that let her summon atronocs and the wizard dude who could do it on his own lol. I nearly crashed the game every time I got into a large battle.... especially when I summoned things as well.

I read a lot of novels that have pets but they are so few its saddening.

13. Allchemic

Allchemic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tabletop Role Playing Game :3 I know how you feel... There is just to few pets in every novel, what is a pity, I always wanted to see (read) someone using tens of thousands of creatures to slaughter the entire world Haha :3 Never played Skyrim (my computer is trash t-t), but it seems that you really like to summon pets and have them with you Hahaha

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally I really liked how Han Shuo (Great Demon King) combined Demonic Arts with Necromancy.

It's like a perfect match, you need souls or undead to refine? Just use necromancy to summon all you need.

Your undead army is weak to light attribute and they're too stupid to be effective? Refine them to make them stronger.

Oh and also Long Live Summons, I think it has the best pokemon system. Though Tales of Demons and Gods & Douluo Dalu are also fine.

Okuri Ookami likes this.
  15. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sadly a console player, well I was as I'm more into novels now. The only novel I can think of that did that was ISSTH followed by LMS and maybe TM in the future as far as dominating the world with pets but ISSTH only did it for a bit.

Yeah having lots of companions is fun in any game... as long as I can completely controle them and their growth. Skyrim is fun though I only beat it once. I used arc-undead to summon more undead lol so yeah with my large group a dragon would die with in seconds of meeting us.

I tried to get into D&D but player customization was the only thing I really enjoyed

I like Han Shuo too (I'm actually catching up on the novel now) but I'm not into necromancy I mean sure a skeleton and or bone dragon I wont mind Ghosts, spirits, wraiths, and Spector's I'm cool with demons more than welcome but zombos are where I draw the line!

Plus he's only tried refining 1 skeleton and I'm a little disappointed in that... I mean zombies of the five elements seem cool but come on an army of evolving skeletons would be op.

Everything else I'm more than cool with, though if he was a Summoner/Spirit contractor instead of a necromancer I'd be happier.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  16. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    Though the story of LLS and TDG are trash they have great systems which I'd love especially LLS with the capture and martial growth, not to into Pokémon's system of enslaving and making animals fight for their enjoyment though.... jk

DD doesn't even need to be mentioned, I love that series but DD3 is the more optimal choice as you can have different martial spirits inhabiting your martial power/ability not to mention spirit rings can sometimes cause mishaps like in the case of Xie Xie whose spirit was originally one got split into two. DD3 has a more flexible system to me than DD1 (I've never read DD2).

Astaroth likes this.
  17. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    hey kind of unrelated to the topic, but as a person who like character (build) customization & roleplay I thought I should suggest a real nice isometric turn based RPG game, Divinity Original Sin (Enhanced Edition). It's kind of similar to DnD stuff, but it's more "convenient" for a lack of a better word.

I have read a tiny bit of the DD2 manhua and 0 of DD3 since I've been kind of worried about spoilers, I've heard a lot of good stuff about DD3 lately though so maybe I should just go ahead and read it?

But anyway, so that's why I said DD and didn't mention the sequels. (From what I've heard they can create their own spirit rings in DD3 or something, which sounds really nice.)

18. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I've heard of Divinity I think I checked it out at one point but I've been so into novels in the last year and a half that I just stopped gaming altogether. If I have the chance I'll definitely see if its my type of game.

Sorry about the DD3 spoilers lol I thought you would have read it (don't know why). DD3 is really enjoyable but it's kinda slow I think it might be lower than DD1. Its a hell of a ride though. Lots of similarities between 1 and 3 but a different spin. You should give it a try, you will not be disappointed. Even with the bits of what I revealed there are still tons I left out and you'll see why I consider DD3 to be more well rounded and flexible than DD.

Astaroth likes this.
  19. Airye

Airye Hermit Water Elementalist

Reading List:
    Link
    I stated playing BDO last year but i was really disappointed about the tamer ;( though the character creation is unparalleled, Perfect World had a good tamer system but i can't play it for some reason, i got bored of it..

20. Okuri Ookami

Reading List:
    Link
    I know about Black Desert Online and the CC is off the charts but I believe the classes really do need work even never having played it myself. The only perfect world I know is the novel lol I don't think I've heard of a game by that name.