Recommendations Xuanhuan/Xianxia recommendations?

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by arashi-chan12, Jun 3, 2016.

1. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I should keep a look out for this author in the future then? I'll make a note of it.

Thank you!!

Zetcoy likes this.
  2. Lineage

Lineage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  3. PangerousDotato

PangerousDotato Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    why?

4. Phantom Starlight

Phantom Starlight The Guiding Light

Reading List:
    Link
    Your preferrences seem to largely match my own, sadly the ones I can recommend based on them have already been mentioned. Except maybe Descent of the Phoenix 13 Year Old Princess Consort? Not really a Xianxia though

Sabruness likes this.
  5. xPurplexAnarchyx

xPurplexAnarchyx Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As others have suggested and you may have already read but my favorite novels with a female MC is:

Stunning Edge; this is probably the best choice as it has 100% what you're asking for (even the pet), unfortunately the translation speed isn't as fast as I'd like but still a good read.

My Disciple Died Yet Again; I see you've read this and love the comedy and action in it.

The Girl Who Ate a Death God; I didn't see this on your list and while it doesn't have cultivation it does have plenty of action and light amounts of comedy, it could be considered slightly dark for some.

Common Sense of a Duke's Daughter; no cultivation and I would consider it to have very little action (fighting) but I enjoy the character development and the world building of it and I feel you'll enjoy it as well. (no pets)

Chu Wang Fei; I see you've also read this, it doesn't seem to have any indication of possible cultivation but it's an interesting story with good character development.

The Demonic King Chases His Wife: The Rebellious Good for Nothing Miss; honestly this is my least favorite story because of how short the chapters are and how much of the standard xianxia filler it has which drags on, thankfully it has a fast translation speed which alleviates that specific shortcoming somewhat.

A Slight Smile is Very Charming; no action (unless you count via video games), no pets/loli/shota, interesting cast with decent character development and the MC can be considered OP in-game but not the most OP, this can be considered a romance. (some side stories contain some yaoi)

Here is a list of my favorite novels with a male MC;

I Shall Seal the Heavens; this is probably the most hyped novel and for good reason - no character is forgotten, every character introduced so far has come up again and again and you can gradually see how the MC has changed throughout the story. This is the novel I get the most satisfaction out of but like others have mentioned the first 100 chapters can seem a tad boring (whenever I reread this story I always struggle with this arc but have no difficulties with other arcs).

True Martial World; currently caught up to the raws but translation speed is fast, each place seems to just be a stepping stone for the MC with the exception of a certain group of people, from where I'm at there doesn't seem to be any romance and the focus is on cultivation.

Transcending the Nine Heavens; I will say that I was expecting a different story based on the prologue (intense), it turned out to be alright it just has significantly more comedy than I would have expected (a lot) but at the very least the MC and the antagonist as well as most relevant characters seem to be properly fleshed out instead of just flat and boring like standard xianxia.

Ze Tian Ji; the translation is currently on hiatus but the MC has a "poetic" outlook on life, he's more book smart than street smart and there seems to be hints of romance in the raws at the moment.

arashi-chan12, Starvenus and 1ia like this.
  6. WeiFish

WeiFish Eccentric Grey Sword 『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter is the Pavilion Arc?

7. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/shen-yin-wang-zuo/
    Might be a good starting Xuanxan since it is a an Eastern Fantasy (cultivation) setting in a western fantasy setting (knights, mages, demons, etc.). Male MC is training to be a knight (similar to a D&D paladin so very righteous and good and has a monstrous mount/pet) that protects humanity from the demon horde that is trying enslave everyone. Fair pace story with detailed combat encounters. The MC does have cute yandere girlfriend (though there is no sex currently since they are still on the young side) and several of their teammates also pair up with other side characters.
    http://www.novelupdates.com/series/long-live-summons/
    Very perverted male MC that interacts with several very strong and independent female characters (whom do eventually became a true harem, i.e. marriage and sex, with the MC). All the characters are able to summon several strange creatures (think of it like pokemon except much more realistic and the summoners have powers and used weapons too). The pace of the story is so quick not even the MC can keep up with it (especially in the current translated arc). Lots of comedy and action. MC is very family first and tends to do good deeds but in strange or rebellious ways.

Sabruness likes this.
  8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rather than action xianxia, maybe you will be more interested sith romance focused xianxia. It's easier to find female mc that way.
    Webcomic: big brother has a pit in his brain (parody)
    Novel: Ze Tian Ji, Meow Meow Meow

Arcturus likes this.
  9. Starvenus

Starvenus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2016