Korean Yeon Lokheun

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Tang Sakura, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Yeon Lokheun (연록흔)
    Raw Link:
    http://naver.me/Fq9dwvWr

Books 1-5, e-book versions available at Google Play Books too.

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=RYrRDQAAQBAJ (book 1 link; the rest are under Continue the series section)

Edit: Raws are also found in the following in the following links (instead of 5, the story is divided in three books):

http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogType...o=8222163&categoryId=569083®dt=20120319215147 http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogType...o=8222164&categoryId=569083®dt=20120319220029 http://blog.daum.net/_blog/BlogTypeView.do?blogid=0KeTl&articleno=8222165

NU Link: N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up:

I read the manhwa version and love it. Read spoilers, too, and discovered how awesome this story is. Trust me, the summary doesn’t even do justice to how awesome the whole story is.

It’s a historical fantasy romance that has a good balance of mystery & plot and the battle moments are cool lol In terms of the good flowery language, there’s the beauty of the metaphors/melancholic context. (There's also war, too; what more can people want)

Description:

Yeon Lokheun is a girl who grows up living as a boy learning martial and spiritual arts. She heads for the palace in order to clear the name of her father, a wanted criminal, where she meets the young Emperor Garyun. He promises to save her father's life in exchange for her lifelong services. After gaining Garyun's trust, she travels the world solving supernatural-like problems that arise in place of the Emperor. But how long can she continue this life without the others finding out that she is actually a woman?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  2. Aisha Ann

Aisha Ann Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s would be better if it is non romance. MC being single strong, supportive/guardian

3. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Mhwang2002

Mhwang2002 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would also dearly love to see this get picked up for translation. Started reading the Manhwa and am hooked by the beautiful artwork and the story itself. The heroine is everything - beauty, perseverance, strength, compassion. I love this story. I know the drawing cannot compare to the actual story itself and would love to see a translation. Also, if anyone has any spoilers about this novel, please post!

5. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After chapter 37, Garyun and Lokheun (as a woman) will meet 3 more times.

First: Lokheun investigates a case involving brides, so she had to pretend as a woman getting married. Garyun sees her and thought that she about to get married, which made him heartbroken.

Second: They see each other again. This time they say farewell to each other. For Garyun, he wants her to be happy with her man (even though she has none). For Lokheun, it's a good opportunity to not get close to each other again.

Third: They see each other again and spends the night. Lokheun leaves him again but this time she left a poem (I think love poem) declaring her love for him? But this time, Garyun got so angry. He drew a picture of her and demands for them (including Lokheun who is a guy atm) to find her. It is also during the time when Garyun has to select an Empress. He told them to find her before the time of selection of Empress is over so he can make her the wife and Empress xD

Mind y'all. This is MTL, there might be a little bit of mistakes.

Thank the evil cat on Snowy Scans for the spoilers xD

Last edited: Jan 21, 2020
  6. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Mhwang2002

Mhwang2002 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thank you for the spoilers! I have been reading the MTL and it is really hard. Korean just does not machine translate very well. I am semi fluent in Chinese so I am much better at MTL from Mandarin since I have a better time deciphering the weird translations. This is such a terrific story. Only downside I can tell from the MTL is there is a lot of sexual violence in women getting raped. A bit disturbing, but I guess it makes the stories and the characters more real.

As an aside, I wonder how the emperor can’t tell that the “male” her and the “female” her are one and the same. After all, based on the MTL, she even used the same name “Yeon” when he met her as a female. So is he blind?? Or did she somehow use her face changing skills to hide her older, more feminine features after she came out of the demon’s lair?

Thanks again for any insight you have. I am super hooked on this story and can’t wait for releases by Snowy Scans.

8. Mhwang2002

Mhwang2002 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay found my answer in the MTL. Seems like MC did use her face changing skills to become more “manly” looking after leaving the demon’s lair. The ghost Sorin who taught her the skill guessed she was a girl easily and said no one would believe she is a male as she gets older and more beautiful.

9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay the spoilers make more sense. I read the raws and thought he already knew she was a girl and was really confused

10. Mhwang2002

Mhwang2002 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I really wonder why the Manhwa didn’t bother to explain this important point. They could have easily stuck in an extra speech bubble to say this.

11. renan667

renan667 Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Raws are out and I squealed. So first and second encounters are combined together. Oops.

14. Rumby

Rumby Rumbly Tumbly

Reading List:
    Link
  15. Taoiiii

Taoiiii Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hopefully someone picks this up i lovee the manhwa so much!

16. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Tang Sakura

Tang Sakura Member

Reading List:
    Link