Yin - Yang craziness

Discussion in 'Community Creations' started by shianthiestrada, Jul 31, 2016.

1. shianthiestrada

shianthiestrada Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was thinking about writting a xianxia novel... Here is the sinopsis :3
    I'm looking forward to your comments n.n

In this world there are for secret islands 10000 meters above the sea level

- The white tiger heavenly island to the west
    - The azure dragon heavenly island to the east
    - The vermilion bird heavenly island to the south
    - The black tortoise heavenly island to the north

The inmortals from the 4 heavenly islands secretly control all the mortals that exist all over the world. One day black tortoise clan's Xiao Yin Zhou was born with a perfect pure yin body. She had always been taken care as a heavenly godness but when vermilion bird clan's Yang Chen got his hands on a 1000 years old yang lotus and brought his pure yang body to perfection everything change for both of them and both of their clans wanted them to marry. Yang chen didn't care because if he didn't like her he could always marry other girl but for Xiao Yin Zhou it was totally different even if she didn't like yang chen she wouldn't be able to marry any other guy and would always have to be his well behaved wife.

Will she be able to escape and find a place for herself in the mortal world?, will she become crazy and fight to the death with yang chen? or will she finally give up to the natural yin-yan attraction between the two of them and fall in love with that cold blooded killer called Yang Chen?

2. kamzi

kamzi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'll penetrate my yang sword in to the yin palace.... :whistle:

3. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    pfft

plot sounds like a freaking chick-flick. bleh

4. JPTrashGetOutREET

JPTrashGetOutREET Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is this gonna be some shoujo shit?

5. faraonj

faraonj Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Misspelled for in the first sentence (Four). I also think you may have got a bit more detail then it should for a summary, but thats just me. "Yang Chen got his hands on a 1000 years old yang lotus and brought his pure yang body to perfection" Right here, i can understand that Yang Chen has a incomplete pure yang body, but because of a 1000 years yang lotus he brings it to perfection. I can also understand that this yang lotus must be that awesome or that your story/world needs more of a presence/background. For example look at True Martial world. The MC needed something like a flame essense and cultivation to bring his pure yang body up a level.

shianthiestrada likes this.
  6. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    I think of it more like and ecchi light novel without a stupid male lead xD
    They are gonna end up togheter in the end but they are gonna be rivals and allmost kill each other a couple of times. Yang Chen is going to be like every yang chen from other novels (op, with a couple of wifes, etc) and she is going to be the only one that can put up a fight with him There are going to happen many things and they going to hate each other to the death xD

7. shianthiestrada

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks and Yang Chen was born with an imperfect pure yang body.
    In the novel there are 3 kinds of yin/yang body
    - Yin/Yang body (this is weak and you can have it if you are good learning yin or yang laws)
    - Imperfect pure yin/yang body (it's great to be born with it but is a little weak)
    - Perfect pure yin/yan body (they are perfect)

8. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually I really wouldn't mind it if it was shoujo. There's plenty of shonen shit around there and you don't see the girls griping about it, geez. They even read it out of lack for good shoujo.

Also, ending a synopsis with questions is a quick way to turn me off. Not sure how other readers react. It's kind of like fanfiction.net summaries from 10 years ago. Overused and not quite serious. There are ways to avoid it. But I guess it's up to your taste.

It sounds like an interesting premise. But I'll be honest, I tend to avoid such male leads. I suppose I've grown to like the patient types who can empathize with others. The bickering couple trope no longer holds any appeal to me. But I can see it being popular with teens and young adults. So, go for it, as long as you enjoy creating stories :).