Discussion You are forced into a difficult moral dilemma

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bbctheory84, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Who will you choose?

1. Wife

41.4%
  2. Son

34.5%
  3. Let em both die! ;)

24.1%
  1. bbctheory84

bbctheory84 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A psychopathic madman takes your wife and son hostage. You have to choose one to save, only one can be saved!:p. You have 1 hour to make a decision. If you choose neither, your wife and son will be tortured and killed in front of your eyes. Your son is 10 years old. Your wife is 30 years old. Edit: You can't ever take revenge, the psychopathic madman is an omniversal god, who can never ever die.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  2. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    In a dilemma whether I should be a grammar nazi or not....

3. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll groom my son to take revenge for what happened to our family before I follow my wife to death. Of course, I'll need to make sure he will be well taken care of before I leave him.

4. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    ??? You don't know? You must not have gotten the memo. You see I'm not just a random person on the street where a psychopathic madman can take my family unharmed. I'm the Main Character. I have plot armor by my side. Not only will both my wife and my son be safe. My revenge will be the destruction of his entire sect for messing with my family.

5. Nydestroyer

Nydestroyer Special Name.

Reading List:
    Link
    Use speech 100 to trick him into thinking he was my other son and I had been waiting for him to come home after all these years and dramatically hugging him. If they have a serious social disorder I could never trust them to honor my choice anyway so I might as well go for left field and abuse his only weakness, an unstable mind.

Bazikiller and Mnotia like this.
  6. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Figure out how to escape and eventually torture the psychopathic madman to death as revenge of the highest order... In fact.. I rather let both die if I can just do that...

bbctheory84 likes this.
  7. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to think my spouse would agree to save the son... As would I myself would do. Revenge comes last

Bazikiller and bbctheory84 like this.
  8. bbctheory84

Reading List:
    Link
    nope. The psychopathic madman is an invincible omniversal god who no one will be able to harm. So you cant escape and can't take revenge ever.

9. 12300

12300 [How many sheep can Snorlax count?]

Reading List:
    Link
    I would think the psychopath would want something else. Unless he has something against me, it wouldn't do him well to just kill the hostages for no reason. If he really had something against me, he would just kill both of them to get at me. There's no need to choose. If he wanted to get at you so badly, you have a choice to hand yourself over.

10. @

@ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How are they going to be tortured? *pant* *pant* I want to be included.

11. prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan Apostle of Violence

Reading List:
    Link
    Let them both die. And Focus on getting Revenge

12. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That just makes the effort worth trying more exciting hahaha!!

bbctheory84 likes this.
  13. anon1guy

anon1guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    your duty to protect your child outweighs your duty to protect your women.

Mino Micha likes this.
  14. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The goal of life is to pass your genes onto the next generation, so the obvious choice is to save your progeny. After all if you want to have more kids later you can always remarry. The only exception to this I can think of is if your kid has some sort genetic problem, especially something that would stop him from cultivating.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  15. bbctheory84

Reading List:
    Link
    this technique https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scaphism

The Persians outvie all other barbarians in the horrid cruelty of their punishments, employing tortures that are peculiarly terrible and long-drawn, namely the 'boats' and sewing men up in raw hides. But what is meant by the 'boats,' I must now explain for the benefit of less well informed readers. Two boats are joined together one on top of the other, with holes cut in them in such a way that the victim's head, hands, and feet only are left outside. Within these boats the man to be punished is placed lying on his back, and the boats then nailed together with bolts. Next they pour a mixture of milk and honey into the wretched man's mouth, till he is filled to the point of nausea, smearing his face, feet, and arms with the same mixture, and so leave him exposed to the sun. This is repeated every day, the effect being that flies, wasps, and bees, attracted by the sweetness, settle on his face and all such parts of him as project outside the boats, and miserably torment and sting the wretched man. Moreover his belly, distended as it is with milk and honey, throws off liquid excrements, and these putrefying breed swarms of worms, intestinal and of all sorts. Thus the victim lying in the boats, his flesh rotting away in his own filth and devoured by worms, dies a lingering and horrible death.

— Zonaras, Annals[2]
    TLDR: Basically, wife and son get strapped to a boat and die of insects crawling in and out all over them.

16. bbctheory84

Reading List:
    Link
  17. Mino Micha

Mino Micha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    welp, no revenge then, son, lemme tell you about your father who died for you

18. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude...God? You think God let's you have a choice? That is an illusion

dmtranslations and Bad Storm like this.
  19. AIm21

AIm21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

So the choice really has no meaning as your marriage will fall apart after this incident anyway and the child will grow up traumatized or into murder himself so it is pointless to keep either of them alive.

In fact, I will rather criticize the God for his pathetic means of executing my wife and son and say I can do better.

bbctheory84 likes this.
  20. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    I said the same thing a while back to a friend and this is his exact answer; "Well, might as well let the son die cause you can just make another one."

Im still friends with this person

bbctheory84 likes this.