Discussion You are isekai'd, but you can choose a famous person's skill to be your cheat

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shiki, Apr 25, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Shiki

Shiki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you are in the realm between this world and another world, going to be sent there. You can pick 1 skill that someone shown in the media do and claim it as yours. For example, take a youtuber's piano skill as yours, or take the gaming ability of a streamer.

the world you're sent to is described as medieval europe with swords and magic and monsters.

who do you choose? why?

2. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't seen an example, but you didn't say you had to personally see it and I'm sure there has to be a U-tube clip somewhere. I choose a "cold reader". Those people that can guess what your thinking just from your expression even if they barely know anything about you. I can't think of a better skill for adapting quickly to a new world.

Shiki and Milanin like this.
  3. TDDM

TDDM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bear Grylls survival skills and i think why is pretty obvious

S4TY4, Shiki, Has and 3 others like this.
  4. Mr.Tiemos

Mr.Tiemos Clifford’s Big Little Cousin, Loves Hugs

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine this is irl famous people, because otherwise it would be another ‘who is the strongest in novels/manga/anime’

Bo Jackson’s throwing
    Man was an absolute machine in his prime. But in a world of swords and magic, having the ability to throw could easily make up for the range deficit of swords.
    What about magic? Well, that requires a lot of learning, and even then it’s based off of not only talent, but situational usage. I’d rather be able to throw rocks well.

Shiki likes this.
  5. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Just wanna be fast like usain bolt. Out run almost anything that cant use magic or isnt trained.

Even then, I can just train my body to withstand even faster speeds which in turn would most likely affect my own innate speed capabilities.

6. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    When I first saw the title. I right away thought Mozart. But if I had to pick a YouTuber. I would pick either Mike Holmes or Wranglerstar.

For Mozart. I like the idea of bring our classical music to another world.
    As to Holmes and Wranglerstar. I believe with their skills. I’ll be able to adapt better in that world

7. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    From TV et al?
    If anything is allowed, I'd go for "magic".
    Like "For my next trick, I'll need a witch" a.k.a. Tricks dedicated to witches
    With the ability and knowledge that goes along with it.

8. Xilphidae

Xilphidae ⚔Swordfish⚔

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd take the blacksmith skills of Ilya from the "That Works" Channel
    Man showed he knows how to forge old fashioned way

9. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of a toss up for me if we are talking real life people, as most of it isn't a skill so much as accumulated knowledge and training. Take someone like Bear Grylls for instance. He has a military career as a survival trainer, climbed Mount Everest, survived in many environments and many extreme conditions. Can you call that a skill? Even someone like Usian Bolt. Few will deny he is extremely talented, but that is backed up by insane ammounts of training. So what do you define as skill?

For arguments sake I'll just assume we are taking a real life person's and turning their defining traits into a skill. Personally i would gravitate more towards someone like Bear Grylls or a notable craftsmen in wood or metal. Another good option would be Bruce Lee who was an absolute monster when it came to martial arts.

10. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Assuming I don't need to know the name of said famous person or who they are, I'd take the sewing skills from any famous seamstress at medieval times. It would make it easier for me to sew clothes of orphans when I started working on a convent as a priestess.

If I need to name someone though, then probably the music skills of Mozart I guess. I'd probably be able to play some instrument like that, which would be nice to play at the convent if there were any instruments available there.

11. Obserwator

Obserwator [Gamer of Life] [Naturalist] [Universalist]

Reading List:
    Link
    Blacksmith skills from Lorenz Helmschmied - for his artistic and mastery skill.

12. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I pick Jesus for his ability to respawn after three days. Turning water into wine and duping items are tempting but unlimited retries is just too overpowered.

otaku31 likes this.
  13. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    bruce lee's martial arts skills