Spoiler You Shu

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by cheerydandan, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ayyshadow

ayyshadow Eternal Lurker || Lover of Anything Fluffy

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh puppy MC, I'm weak
    Maybe I should go back to finish this

2. etern

etern Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

:aww::aww::aww: Puppy!MC so cute with his puppy antics :blobReach::blobReach:

:blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR: justified retribution is a beautiful thing :blobhighfive:

Mystic Wonders likes this.
  3. HesheFell

HesheFell [Out of Retirement] [Looking for Recs Everywhere]

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading. Interstellar Arc was the last arc. It was actually something like 7-9 Arcs long. First three Arcs are the most fleshed out and developed. Over time, the arcs got shorter and the stories were more condensed. It's an OE, which surprised me.
    It also means that when ML comes into an audition room thousands of years later and the MC struts into the room behind him, it fades to black. Honestly, I choked on my cereal this morning when I saw "the end" and author's note. Now, I'm going to reread the first 2 arcs again because...:cry::cry:Too good!
    Quick review:
    It's a great read. It had the potential to be EXTREMELY wonderful if the author had stop summarizing events in the last arcs. It had a lot of rememberable moments too. My only complaint is every Arc starts very strong but after the fifth arc, it's like the author would get tired of writing the full story. It starts detailed and ends rushed. At some point, the romance stops developing and it becomes, I love you because you are you....but it's a damn good read and I recommend it even if you have to mtl. I'll answer a few questions if anyone has any
    MC is the most pampered dog in the realm. He dresses like a prince in expensive cloth, has a crown, attends studies with the Royal Tutor, and gets an audience with the king. Palace servants even lament how most humans will never have the things he has, no matter how many times they reincarnate..

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    Nyaa.23, StarrEyed, Haziel21 and 20 others like this.
  4. DeanRae

DeanRae Fall's Symphony╏One with the blunt knife╏

Reading List:
    Link
    I am revived!!! :blobhighfive:Omg breath of fresh air. Needed this to calm my high blood caused by all the beaches in the stories :blobtriumph::blobjoy:

Jadeite524 and AbsoluteMeowster like this.
  5. Kagebutts

Kagebutts Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Couldn't find a spoiler thread on this so I made one correct me if I'm wrong, English translation just came out, wondering if anyone has any spoilers about this. Also, I think it has the same author as Face of the Devil and this is also world hopping.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/theres-a-beauty/

6. ayyshadow

ayyshadow Eternal Lurker || Lover of Anything Fluffy

Reading List:
    Link
    There is spoiler thread for this already, but it's titled as You Xu instead

mereumsama likes this.
  7. kieshi

kieshi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
  9. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Merged.

10. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, is it just me or the title of the tl novel seems wrong?

11. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean the English title or the raw?

There's this in the TL note:

12. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    English title, not to mentioned that’s the MC’s name too. But I guess it’s like naming a kid Belle?

13. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    There's not really a definite way to translate it. Some translators prefer using the Chinese title while some prefers to translate even the title. As for the translator's choice for the phrase, it's not like @Rabbitson can use the direct translation for it. "Have Beauty" doesn't really make sense, right? I do like to know why she chose that though, maybe got some spoilers for it?

HesheFell and kiara8 like this.
  14. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    @winter-t is this true? About the title?

15. Rabbitson

Rabbitson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sup mates, I hath arrived! Right, I translated "You Shu" (有姝) as 'There's a Beauty' because I thought that should be the first layer of meaning the original Chinese readers register when they see the phrase 'You Shu.' They probably wouldn't think that it's a name at first, since that would be pretty unusual. Only after reading the novel would they understand the second layer of meaning, that clever pun on MC's name (also You Shu).

Additionally - this is just my assumption but - I believe that the author intentionally wanted the title to be initially read as 'There's a Beauty' for another reason, besides just stating MC is beautiful. That is, to act as a hook, so to speak. Y'know how most stories have eye-catching, hooking titles that will pique the readers' interests, such as, 'I have been reincarnated as a blah blah blah' or 'Film Emperor's Adorable Wife from Ancient Times'? Well, I assumed that the phrase 'there's a beauty' was the author's hook. Chinese readers of the original text would want to know, 'what beauty?' 'why beauty?' 'did the ML fall in love for just his beauty?' 'will his beauty bring him troubles?'.

Now imagine, English readers reading the title of this story, but not grasping that layer of meaning. Imagine 'You Shu' as the title. Sure, it's still an accurate translation - after all, it does include the second layer of meaning, MC's name. However, the 'hook' about there being a beauty - that part of the author's original intentions - would be lost. Hence, I translated it as 'There's A Beauty' instead of 'Have Beauty' or 'You Shu'. After being hooked by the title 'There's A Beauty' (hopefully), the readers will naturally read on and discover the title (You Shu) is also MC's name in the footnotes. This is also in line with the author's intentions as stated in paragraph 1.

However, I understand that some people don't read footnotes and will probably miss that. Hence, I may make it a 'top' note instead....... ヾ(≧ ▽ ≦)ゝ

Edit: (妈的 just wrote this at 1.50 am and I'm hearing a strange rubbing noise when everyone except me is asleep rn I swear wtf)

StarrEyed, Milkbiscuit, Izn and 8 others like this.
  16. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    At least it’s a good way to lure in horny readers xD

17. Rabbitson

Rabbitson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    LOL True dat!

//p.s. the thread name is incorrect, it's pinyin should be 'You Shu'.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
  18. LaDyViL

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll change it, this was started cause it was taken from another site that uses Xu.

Overwriting your title, @cheerydandan but I'll leave You Xu in tags.

19. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    ive a deja vu here owo

20. kiara8

kiara8 Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    Same, I forgot where though