You Tired Of This QI Shit Yet?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, the first about paywall and the second was legit. just check every comment on cd or de or issth. its a hot topic back then when rumour like that was spreading like fire. ren also commenting about it on comment section. if you want concrete proof just search it. maybe it will take a week if you search everyday diligently.

2. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even understand how you can make wrong asumption here. If you actually read my previous paragraph, I talk about how even RWX contribute to TL world but NUF should not change their stance, just like how my country should not change their stance to help US even though their bombing Japan help us claim our independence.

In which part I said that NU is ungrateful bastard and moved by profit? Don't putting word into my mouth. I said that NU have the stance to stay neutral and they should keep it.

And how the hell you can make this conclusion? The block feature is there for anyone to use apart the whole QI fiasco. If QI (or any NUF member) slandering others, then NU should stop it, but QI vs WW is about legal claim which they can't disclose because the NDA. So until one side can give concrete proof that they are the "right" side, NUF hand are tied. As long as QI and RWX didn't break the rules, they can post whatever they want.

Check your fact. I've been asking QI declaration in multiple thread. You don't need to search that far, in the first page there are thread about QI and plagarism, you can read my post there.

kenar and AliceShiki like this.
  3. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Or it will take a few minutes if someone knows how to use google. You can just search the following way: "paywall rwx site:http://www.wuxiaworld.com/" paywall is the keyword, besides RWX, which is his name on the site and the last part limits the search to wuxiaworld only. It's not witchcraft.

What I found: http://www.wuxiaworld.com/cd-format-change-coiling-dragon-paywall/ <- This is a joke by Ren. He later even said it himself: http://www.wuxiaworld.com/new-cd-chapter-release-book-15-chapter-21/
    The other thing I have found where they talk about the apps: http://www.wuxiaworld.com/please-read-soliciting-input-for-full-wuxiaworld-app/comment-page-1/
    I will quote his comment from there "This is more like a ‘digital subscription’ app (like for NYT, Time Magazine, etc.), rather than a ‘reader’ app, except because we still want people to be able to read if they can’t afford the subscription, we aren’t actually going to paywall the content." Btw. this would be a $5/month subscription, but the reason of that post was " I want to gauge interest in an optional ad-free Wuxiaworld app (in ADDITION to the current mobile/desktop site, which will remain free,) that has a small monthly subscription (and potentially no ads on desktop!)". So the content would be available for everyone, like before - but if someone wants the advantages the app can give (e.g. no ads), they can sign up for that for about $5/month.
    Other than this there are occasions when others (e.g. volare) talk about the issues with paywalls and why they don't think it is a good idea. In certain cases there are mentions of Qidian, either mentioning that it is paywalled in China or that there is a possibility of paywall with QI as well - these are however generally other users talking about paywall (related to other sites).
    But I have found something from Ren, he posted this about 7 months ago: "The contract is NDA, so no further details will be provided. All I will say is that Wuxiaworld has paid a substantial amount of money to Qidian and will pay more in the future, but Qidian does not have any rights to control what Wuxiaworld does, such as forcing a VIP paywall. There will be no paywall for a long, long time, if ever, I can promise you that!"

Now then, I have just proved the opposite of what you said, though I have tried to find your "proof". From this point, I would expect you to look that up and post it here, because it is not me who should look this up, by trying to do that I was already way too nice.
    If you think it's unfair, well, I am sorry, since I am the pope, I am rather busy for most of the time - if you want proof of me being the pope, well, it may or may not be somewhere on the internet, but you should totally believe me regardless. Of course, I will not show anything that could confirm my claim, that would be just silly.

kenar, Hotato, Pizz0011 and 6 others like this.
  4. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    Your text about getting fatter and eating crumbs makes you look like either dumb hatefull person or someone who can't express himself with words. Because I don't see any way NU makes profit from all this, while they DO provide service for readers. And aggregator site? Really? You are just hilarious.

5. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    well, its my bad then. I know I will stepping on beehive when I said ren was too ambitious. but you really need to get a life dude. I was just try to cool with ran fanboy, but you just act like that working bee. well thats good because you really work so hard to prove your worth. well you really cant deny the fact that once ren was too ambitious, he even publishing mga first volume.

btw goodwork for bringing the memories, kinda miss that moment when ren had so much time to interact with its reader. nice old day.

dude.. NUF is aggregator. every third party is aggregator.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  6. kaisersose

kaisersose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More visit to the forum=more income from ads.
    Just look at the views of the topic of this Novel General and you can see the guy's point.
    That said i'm out of this.

7. mrducky

mrducky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Adblockers come built-in in some mobile browsers (e.g. Lightning) and PC adblocker is a must unless you enjoy popups. Are there actually enough people who don't use any kind of blocker or have whitelisted NU, to stay on positive after server fees (not sure how big NU's traffic is)?

8. rakazzt

rakazzt Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you ever visited aggregator sites that exist to make profit without ADblock? Compare it with NU. Then add to equation Energy and Time people who maintain NU spend and the fact that they need to pay money to keep the site up. If they don't have ad's they would need to set up patreon or donation to keep the site up. Look at wiki for example.
    So. Nu don't steal content as most of the aggregator sites do. NU only provides service because there is a demand for it. And I honestly can't say that NU stuff rakes in money and maliciously profiteering from ads as that guy was implying, I won't change my opinion unless someone who understands the sphere would calculate everything and prove opposite.

kenar and Risus like this.
  10. kaisersose

Reading List:
    Link
    I just point out that guy's main point. That is basically that this shitty topic are not supposed to be here in the first place. I don't care about anything else.

11. noob_senpai

noob_senpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would, if I could, I don't need this to be pointed out. But while I have some free time, why shouldn't I use it to support the people I think are worth supporting? What you said was nonsense, so I have spent a whole 20-30 minutes for no other reason than to reduce the amount of false information that is spreading. Instead of giving me advice on my life choices or labeling me as a working bee - which I would rather take as a compliment than insult - you could actually spend time reflecting on how harmful false information can be, and how you should have something to back up your claims next time you are posting them.
    I have no personal issues with you, but there is already enough nonsense spreading, there is no need to add more to it.

kenar and doomeye1337 like this.
  12. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    for those who said NUF dont own that much to wuxiaworld. check their alexa stat. no. 1 keyword for nu visitor was wuxiaworld.

13. FlameE

FlameE Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know i'm late but i just saw this https://prnt.sc/g1fe40 my sides xD how dumb can these guys be... and there's still some chapters with this link there

14. Ananse

Ananse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never said I don't get your points. I just said they're terrible. Different thing really.

He calls you out on your bs and you tell him to get a life. By now it should be obvious that you either have no awareness for the situation at all and are blindly going about posting the first thought that pops into your head (no matter how stupid) or you're just a troll trying to fan the flames. Either way you're not worth replying to and so from this point on, you're ignored.

kenar and doomeye1337 like this.
  15. kibortwaria

kibortwaria Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you said my point is terrible, but you said before my post dont have point. such troll
    what bullshit? all I said is true. its on cd novel comment section. and I really compliment him,, he work like a bee, fast and efficient. but he really need to get a life. you really dont see my point here.

same here, you really trolling me hard. ignored.

16. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok. My fault of not knowing about definiton of aggregator. I googled and they are aggregators by definition. It's just usually when someone says aggregator they mean sites who steal content to profit. Anyway.

You imply that NU is made for profit only. Now. Have you ever visited aggregator sites that exist to make profit without ADblock? IF not go and check. I believe your eyes would bleed and your PC would be threatened to download some malware. So be careful. Then go to NU without Ad block. Compare both of them.

Then ADD to equation ENERGY and TIME people who maintain NU spend and the fact that they need to PAY money to keep the site up.

Note that If they don't have ads they would need to set up patreon or donation to keep the site up. Look at WIKIpedia for example. They don't have ads so they have to gather funds from people. And they do that right now btw.

NU only provides service because there is a demand for it. And ads they have are minimal. And they have them only on the main site btw. I don't see any on the forum to justify your claim that shitstorm and bustling activity on forums makes them more profit.

All this makes your claims that NU exists for profit look biased and stupid. Oh right. Do you see NU asking people who use it to TURN OFF Adblock? I don't. Which is also proves your claim to be uncorrect.

So I honestly can't say that NU stuff rakes in money and maliciously profiteering from ads as you imply by your words. And I won't change my opinion unless someone who understands the sphere would calculate everything and prove opposite(that they are secretly nouveau rich).

P.s. As others have proved you are also spreading false information about other topics in your messages. So if you don't have malicious intents to slander NU and WW then I don't know.

kenar, Hotato and TheOnlyRavenbrand like this.
  17. Green Apple

Reading List:
    Link
    Btw, this is plain stupid. People use NU to check new novels. QI is using NU to get new readers. Not the other way around. So it's NU who gives "crumbs" to QI, and QI who recieves "crumbs" from NU. Do you understand? It works this way Readers -> NU -> QI. Now I hope you do understand it.

18. Exland

Exland Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me and my Friends have been readers since SPC net and honestly never thought the community would get this big that stuff like this happens. I do believe you are the one who took the novel translation community to a new level and shown what can be done with proper structure and will to provide for your audience, QI have taken advantage of all your hard work in a disgusting manner and it's nice to see the community rally behind you.

All the best Ren, Good luck!

19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, the only job NU has, is to provide updates for Coiling Dragon, because that's what Tony really wanted when he made the site. xP
    If you have any issue with any given post in a thread, please use the Report button, a mod will look at it and reprimand the person if necessary.
    Eh? Who said NU is a "good guy"? NU is a neutral guy. A good guy will stand on the side of the good guys, a neutral guy will watch from the sidelines and let them solve their issue.
    The forum doesn't have ads... >.>
    Plenty of people have NU and translator sites whitelisted on their ad blockers.

NU definitely gives profit to Tony.
    Btw, I remember Tony telling people to turn the ad block On at times, since he couldn't solve their problems with ads, he told them to just turn the ad blocker on, so as to keep having a good experience.

kenar likes this.
  20. kaisersose

Reading List:
    Link
    I just don't want to be involved in this argument. If you don't understand how internet works and how more visit=more income... It's not my fault.

Araska Mada likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.