You Tired Of This QI Shit Yet?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by rwxwuxiaworld, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    NU has always linked to the original rather than duplicates...also, many people have alternates. It's not fair to discriminate against Qidian because you dislike them.

NU actually, but yeah, NU doesn't set feeds on plagiarized translations. If you're a NU-only reader like me, you wouldn't even realize something had happened.

kenar likes this.
  2. Fossil

Fossil 「Spooky」「Scary」「Skeleton」

Reading List:
    Link
    I was curious why there were some novels on QI that weren't there before.

But no, I'm not neutral, I'm just to lazy to do anything. If you give me a petition, I'll sign it, otherwise I can't do much.

3. Corner Guy

Corner Guy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only CN stuff that I actually keep up with is TMW, Library of Heaven's Path, and Desolate Era. Two of those are on QI. Well, I hope nothing bad happens, because I don't want to drop them, but I refuse to support any company that acts so amorally. QI is going down the demonic path and sooner or later they are going to experience the fate of every trash mob ever. Curb-stomped into an early grave.

Hahhaa likes this.
  4. Shub-Niggurath

Shub-Niggurath Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I may receive a lot of hate but how would you defend yourself ? "They copied for free the content we took from their websites for free as well".

I don't like what they have done because it's a really big dick move and i like ww as i watched it for a long time but yeah, didn't the content originate from quidian first ?

5. rofellos

rofellos Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Am I the only one that feels like we are in the middle of one of these novels right now? MC (Ren) has just been looked down upon yet again by Qi Dian. Now he's in secluded meditation to power up while he travels so that he can have the proper power level to fight back when he arrives at his next destination. Can't wait to find out where he gets his next 100,000 Spirit Dans to boost his cultivation to another realm.

On a more serious note: Good Grief. They tried to hire his translators away and when that doesn't work well enough to tear him apart they resort to this? Hey Qidian here is a thought.....stay with what you know and let the people who created this opportunity to expand the popularity of your product continue to do what they have been doing for years and giving your product a greater level of visibility in areas you hadn't even apparently considered before THEY made it work through their own time/effort/dedication.

If you didnt care BEFORE....you don't get to care NOW.

6. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    What do these fuckers even have in their heads? WTF is wrong with them? They banged their head on a wall before and got hurt. The solution they found was to bang their heads again, but harder? Damn...

lemeck and Hahhaa like this.
  7. CE-NEX

CE-NEX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I respect NU's stance of neutrality and playing by the rulebook they wrote. On the other hand, all the support and love to WW.
    QI can act as if the rest of the world is as one dimensional as their translations, but the dao of bullsh*t will only end in disappointment.
    QI taking WW's translations is putting the flower in the manure!

lemeck, Hahhaa, Odorico and 1 other person like this.
  8. Liron

Liron Well-Known (Failed) Prophet

Reading List:
    Link
    WW BOUGHT THE RIGHTS FOR THOSE NOVELS. It was not free. Now QI is stealing their translations, without their permission or the permission from the translators. They plan to take it to court and reach an agreement there, where they will dual host the novels and pay a fine for being dicks and that will be that. They want a war of attrition with Ren. They hope he will bend in court and sign the agreement. But until them, you can be sure they will illegally host the novels on their website.

TsukiKun, lemeck, strayCat0 and 6 others like this.
  9. Unde-kyun

Unde-kyun 【FLOATING】【Rowing a rowboat】

Reading List:
    Link
    They bought the licenses (ww)

lemeck and Tramsloof like this.
  10. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Prevent Qidian from soliciting their translations on the forums. Or rather their mirrored translations. As you would any other site that did the same thing.

lemeck and Astaroth like this.
  11. Juno

Juno Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fucking qidian about to get sued because wuxiaworld owns the translated chapters and the contract is still in effect with the copyrights of the novel.
    Btw on Reddit qidian said "us and wuxiaworld are duel hosting" then said we own "exclusive rights to host" they are definitely not the same thing lol

lemeck, noob_senpai and Hahhaa like this.
  12. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems like QI is trying to NTR WW'S novels, sigh.
    I only read Spirit Blade Mountain so if QI shut down then wouldn't bother me at all.

methael likes this.
  13. SilvaLau

SilvaLau Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling the Qidian knew Ren was about to board a plane, perhaps due to their summon or something, and they made the announcement at this time in anticipation of this.

rakazzt likes this.
  14. ContagioCuriositas

ContagioCuriositas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am in favor of NU staying neutral but the individual people shouldnt.
    As I am kinda doing it already I would advise everyone who hates these shady or outright outrageous actions by qidian internation to boycott them. Though even I read 2 chapters on their site so far, nobody is perfect... But if we can somehow dwindle their flow of visitors over a long time they hopefully will learn to stop these actions.

kenar, kmaster, emilia and 7 others like this.
  15. TeaNinja

TeaNinja [Chuunikage of the Hidden Teapot Village]

Reading List:
    Link
    At least he has the power of the people, but unfortunately, it might not do so well against corporations like Qidian since there's a shit-ton of loopholes.

Hahhaa likes this.
  16. Abdulrahman0467

Abdulrahman0467 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    NU needs to stop giving these fools over at QI a platform to spew their nonesense and lies. I understand wanting to be netural, but this is an issue that can destroy this community. You guys just standing on the side lines isn't helping the community at all, i hope the staff can see this.

Pretender, Dravileo, Nef-i and 4 others like this.
  17. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They don't. Qidian makes, on average, something like two threads per month... and if you actually care about that being "advertisement," all you have to do is get twenty random people to shitpost threads on top of it until it's buried.

Not that I'm suggesting you do that.

18. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    They created a post, specifically to announce they were mirroring translations, that I reported as a solicitation when it was still on the first page, and it still isn't locked.

19. Shadowdracul

Shadowdracul Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can you just mail us the Qidian Contract you signed. We will start spamming those contract all over the internet. You can always say you had nothing to do with the leaking. Hell some of us will even say we got the contract from some Qidian sources. They can try suing my ass.

strayCat0 and Hahhaa like this.
  20. Ironfist Sect

Ironfist Sect Catch these hands!✊✊

Reading List:
    Link
    Shutting our ears isn't the solution
    It's better we know of these things and discuss them directly with the people responsible. Many fans of other media would jump at the chance to have a platform to raise these concerns and show dissatisfaction to those in charge

Even if they keep dodging

Mlaser, mir, Hahhaa and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.