Discussion Your body or your soul?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Eishun, Nov 20, 2019.

?

Body or Soul?

1. Body

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Soul

13 vote(s)
    76.5%
  1. Eishun

Eishun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I am sure you guys have read novels with Systems, right? By "System", I refer to the set-up which enables the protagonists to gain EXP from killing stuff and allocate Stat points to his attributes etc.

My question is: If you were the protagonist of a System-theme novel, and if you were given the choice to bind the System to your body or soul, which option would you pick?

Binding the System to your body means you lose it when you die. The pro is that if your System develops sentience and starts getting weird ideas, you can get rid of it by dying.

Binding the System to your soul means no matter how many times you reincarnate, the System stays with you. And you probably get to keep your skills and EXP points. But it also means that if your System develops a sentience and wants to do you harm, you will never be able to get rid of it.

So which option would you pick? And why?

2. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    My soul because the system's not the only one with sentience. I'll just subjugate any consciousness the system develops and use it to fuel my own power. Or, you know, get along with it.

3. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am already a spiritual entity.

I have no physical body to bind it to. Besides, I am not so weak as to lose a power struggle to some newborn. They will learn the only option to survive is by working with me rather than against me.

4. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    For cultivators, it is easy to cultivate the body and hard to to train the mind. It is even harder to temper your heart. But what most cultivators know is that one can also cultivate the soul, the hardest of them all.

5. shadowreader

shadowreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Soul if it starts getting uppity I’ll just lock the voice away with the others

6. RabdomPersona

RabdomPersona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I’ll just be kind to it and if the System gets out of hand I’ll just lecture it for a long time. If worse comes to worse, I’m sure I’d find a way to get rid of the System. Though, honestly unless the System already had problems, I’d think we’d get along fine

7. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am the system. My word is law. My state of being governs the very foundations of everything. What soul? What body? I am all but one, old but young; new but you.

8. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of the people picking soul because of the immense cheat to bring throughout the reincarnation cycle, and thinking of methods to seal the sentience of the system with whatever ways they have.

I will probably go for the body because I only live once. I do not intend to have a second soul living inside of my body so I will be planning to kill whatever ideas or thoughts the system might have as soon as I take note of them, while trying to steal the tech behind the system, so that when I lose my main body I can reinstall the bootleg system in the next body that I will definitely be stealing.

Eishun and mir like this.
  9. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    Systems are fishy. An entity who help you rise above norm, you do task assigned to you and get rewards and were promised to be at the top...yeeea, it stinks. Nothing in the world is that easy without a catch. How could you be the top when you are owned by an entity.

10. Capsize

Capsize Would you like to be isekai’d? ψ(`∇´)ψ

Reading List:
    Link
    I’ll pick the body. After I expire it will be someone else’s problem.

The downside I can see here is if system is real, then there are beings capable of possessing/hijack my body then I’ll be a prisoner in my own body til I die.

Eishun likes this.
  11. AryaX

AryaX Less-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its a trick queestioon! Body is the Soul!