Discussion Your favorite Novels

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by CrypticDota, Jun 16, 2021.

1. CrypticDota

CrypticDota Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I am curious to find out what everyone's favorite novels are and why. Who knows I may start reading one of them next :D. I will start first. My favorite ones are:

1. Overlord (the first japanese LN I have read).The reason I like this one the most is that unlike most isekai, the MC is cautious and intelligent. He tries to gather information about the situation he is in before acting and does not underestimate others. Also great worldbuilding. Great side characters and lots of comedy moments.

2. Dragon Heart by Kirill Klevanski (Great storyline and cultivation progression). The MC is similar to Guts from Berserk. Weak to strong. One of the best story arcs I have read. Good worldbuilding. Great side characters. Epic battles.

3. Nine Star Hegemon Body Art (Good and fun storyline and cultivation progression). MC great chemistry with a side character. well written side characters that progress along with MC and are not forgotten unlike most 2 dimensional written characters that are left and forgotten in most chinese novels. Divine face slapping technique. Blood pumping battles.

4. Desolate Era (Great cultivation storyline and epic battles). Insane world scaling and worldbuilding. Calm and rational MC. Great moments with side characters.

5. Lord of the Mysteries (Unique cultivation system and great worldbuilding). Cautious and smart MC that tries to find out about the reason for situation he is in unlike MCs in the most novels that just accept it and don’t even have 1 more thought about it (WTF). Good storyline progression. Great side characters. Probably one of the best written chinese novels.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  2. Walter vi Britannia

Walter vi Britannia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of I Eat Tomatoes' novels (the guy who wrote Desolate Era) have insane world scaling. You should try out the others. And they're all insanely long too.

I always read either super popular novels or super obscure, filled with plotholes, below 3 star rating novels. I don't know why but I never read anything inbetween. Maybe because I watch too many Nicolas Cage movies, his movies are a literal goldmine for me since he only ever makes either super good movies or super bad movies. Nothing in between.
    So if you wanna see my favorite novels, just do a search by most popular and see what's on the first page and last page.

3. Slief

Slief Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Lord Of The Mysteries, same reason as you
    2. Swallowed Star, the best sci-fi i could find and i love sci-fi
    3. Warlock Of The Magus World, the world building and mc
    4. Martial Arts Master, the best male mc romance + action.
    5. A Will Eternal, funny as shit.

Siric and CrypticDota like this.
  4. CrypticDota

CrypticDota Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read Warlock Of The Magus World a few months ago, its probably in my top 10 favorite Novels

Slief likes this.
  5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone Knows I'm a Good Person!
    Reborn as a System!
    The King's Avatar!
    Trash Bin Boyfriends!
    SVSSS!

CrypticDota likes this.
  6. Dr_H_16

Dr_H_16 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere.
    Mother of Learning.
    Apothecary Diaries (Kuzuriya no Hitorigoto)
    Rakuin no Monshou.
    Economic of Prophecy.
    Desolate Era (All IET's novels, actually)
    Worm.
    World of Cultivation.
    Avalon of Five Elements.
    Infinite Dendrogram.
    The Great Ruler.
    The Novel's Extra.
    The Breath of Creation.
    Necro-Tourists.
    Necromancer and Co.
    Kumo Desu Ga (Only the WN, in the LN the MC become kind and humane).

CrypticDota likes this.